Thread: Breathin Deep

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Breathin Deep

Hi all,

My name is Manaf, Naf for short. I own a 2006 Chevy Caprice SS, Aka Holden Statesman. Its the Austrailian version of the Pontiac GTO. It comes with a HO 5.7 LS1 puttin 340hp and 350 ftlb at the crank. So far i got 307hp and 314 ftlb at the wheels, but i feel she is holdin back. I have Headers and a Catback on route as we speak, but that isnt my question.

I bought a pair of LS6 CNC heads from Lingenfelter, a FAST LSX 90mm intake manifold and a 90mm throttle body. I have the right people to install these parts, but my concern lies with presentability. I do not like rough idles nor drivability issues. I also have a Cam but am hesitant to install it. I have seen some horror projects, were the drivers have issues with their rides and there is no hope to fix them.

If i were to install the heads, intake and throttle body would i have the above mentioned problems, or just neck issues from slammin the pedal? Mind you i will get a proper tune in as well, but initially i will let the Stock tune run.

Thank you all for your time,

Looking forward to your replies

Naf
    Last edited by Naf; 11-07-2006 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Forgot key information

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hey Naf....I have a monster cam....heads....90MM Nick Williams and FAST INTAKE and she purrs like a kitten....It is ALL IN THE TUNE. As your in Kuwait I'd seriously consider a www.nelsoneperfomance.com tune ....that boy has this stuff down.....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Black

Oh i Know, Allen is the man...

I am worried about when i get it out of the shop and drive her home. If you say she will purr then i will go ahead with it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Oh i Know, Allen is the man...

I am worried about when i get it out of the shop and drive her home. If you say she will purr then i will go ahead with it.
    I am saying after the tune she will purr....I would speak or email Allen and go over all your modifications and specs firstly....your planned mods....have Allen tune to those specs and install the new tune before you even fire it up...I would also plan and install a AEM A/F guage.....

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO Maggie Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hey Naf....I have a monster cam....heads....90MM Nick Williams and FAST INTAKE and she purrs like a kitten....It is ALL IN THE TUNE. As your in Kuwait I'd seriously consider a www.nelsoneperfomance.com tune ....that boy has this stuff down.....
    I just can't picture someone in Kuwait building a car.......I picture devestation in my head from war. Glad to hear you're OK Naf and stay safe.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Kuwait is like Las Vegas man...

Black

Wow, ya'll need a nice wake up call...Q8 wasnt touched during the recent war. Its quite the opposite. There are more exotic cars here in this tiny country then in a whole state over there. This one guy here has a station wagon caprice, 199x. 1000 ponies at the wheels.

i love drivin through parkin lots. Its an eye openner, every car ever made in every color u ever wanted.

Customizin hasnt kicked in as much for the parts mainly come from the states, and shippin is a killer. Especially on body kits.

Thank you all for your help i my decision. I will get with Allen, and prep the tune and get the mods put in ASAP. I shall return with my findins soon enough.

Take care

Thread Information