Thread: Brake upgrade

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Exclamation Brake upgrade

Hi guys,

Well i am zoomin around now, no issues with my mixture anymore...

Anyways good question. I upgraded my Rotors from stock to DBA 5000s in the front, two peice rotor cross drilled and slotted, and 4000s rear, cross drilled and slotted as well.

I also upgraded the pads to EBC yellow stuff up front and red stuff in the rear.

I have noticed small crackes comin from the crossed drilled holes, in the front and small rib lines in the rear...

In other words i got sh!!tty rotors that cant handle the stresses of my drivin...

I went to B@ER brakes and they dont have a 6 piston conversion as of yet, and need " a few more months" to complete the kit...I am still waiting on their OEM upgrade for the Tahoe from a year ago...which also needed a few months...

Now i am interested in upgrading the front to 6 piston calipers, does anyone know of a kit that exists with 14" rotors. That will fit a 2004 GTO

Gettin parts is hard enough for me, but waitin for them to be created is horrifyin

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Good to hear your running again...you need to write a book
    I know Harrop is building some really nice 13.5" brakes that apperantly are the best out there.....
    http://www.harrop.com.au/root_folder...rformance.html
    I run BAER 13"....I had to put a Moroso vacuum can on the GTO cuz the big ass cam was eating all my vacuum Stainless brake lines really made a difference....I run the Valvoline Synthetic fluid....the BAERS/Stainless lines/Valvoline/and they can really stop my GTO....

Black

Harrop, your kiddin..They are so expensive its nutz...

As for the baer, your fronts are 4301067 (14" rotors) or 4301066 (13" rotors)?

In anycase i would love to stick my 6 piston on there...It would so Overkill my ABS is getting ready to work Hard

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Mine are 13"....Yup Harrop is very expensive....but the Auto RX GTO guys say they are killer brakes with no cracking or surface deformity after extended hard use...so they must be worth "something"....

Black

Wink

I can say the same for B@er. I had a set on my tahoe and i pushed them so hard that they never gave in...Ironicly DBA make the rotors for B@er, which has me curious...
    I didnt go for run of the mill rotors...i when and spent 1000$ on the complete set. front and rear...i just dont get it

Junior Member Phantom&RedGoat2004's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Harrop is expensive, but it's also the only hp brakes that will fit behind the factory spare tire (that I know of) - That could be important to some people, or not so much for others.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Is it bad that half the time the reason I go to this site is to see what Naf is doing to his car?

Black

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Wade M View Post
    Is it bad that half the time the reason I go to this site is to see what Naf is doing to his car?
    Only half? I am honored never the less...

In any case, latest news...

1.I am changing out some body parts, Front bumper, and Side skirts next week when the parts arrive from Australia..
    2. I am plannin for my next weekend to swap out the tranny from Auto to Manual.
    3. I am going to install a Oil cooler, but the pesky alternator is in the way.
    4. Swapping out LS1 heads for LS6 heads, accompanied by a high lift cam, and injectors
    5. I am also discussin with DBA to get my Baer Six piston Calipers to work on my vehicle with 14" rotors...
    6. Swap out shocks and springs to on-the-fly adjustable Teins, again waitin on arrival of parts.

Expect plenty of Either "what can i dos" or Braggin how tos...

It is one thing to follow the flow and do what everyone else is, its another thing to put in your sights a goal and make every dream you ever wanted come true...
    Last edited by Naf; 02-28-2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spellin mistake
    American Muscle, Australian Design, Japanese Methods

Black

Got the Brakes

Hey all,

I found the Kit for my 6 psiton caliper idea...1,600 smackers...a bit of an ouch but so worth it...Especailly when u average 130 mph...I drive a hard, everyone here knows...

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Hey all,

I found the Kit for my 6 psiton caliper idea...1,600 smackers...a bit of an ouch but so worth it...Especailly when u average 130 mph...I drive a hard, everyone here knows...
    Where did you find them?

Black

Rick over at Baer hooked me up...I had to convince him the kit existed...It is a simple plug and play. I just need to do a few tweaks, the pads are touchin a bit, it could lead to issues later and need to know why...

Now you have to admit, 14" rotors up front with 13" rotors in the rear means serious brakin power, the weakest link are the tires now...

Thread Information