Thread: boosted LSX?

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

boosted LSX?

I was always taught with a C.R. higher than 9-9.5 adding boost is a no-no, unless you have a billet crank, powder forged rods etc. now I see alot of LSX engines on here with turbos and superchargers, and I know the C.R. is higher than that on LSXs, I mean how long can you expect to run these engines? Is there an overdrive pulley that allows you to reduce boost to like 4-6 psi? what about the wastegates? what are your horsepwer gains with this low of boost? I'd like to hear back from some of you guys, I've been interested in a SC for a while now, and I build engines for alot of people mainly pontiacs and old school carbureted engines, so I'm not really green, it just goes against how I was taught.Obviously it works for you guys though and I'm sure it si possible, but damn, talk about some stress on alot of components.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup...many do not calculate or design...they bolt on and go....I agree it is not a big suprise when rods go through blocks....and you wont have any trouble finding "ads" from power adders saying " Gain this many HP by bolting on our blower"...which feeds the masses and eliminates accepted engine design and physics.....

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

It's one thing when you have an engine built for a blower, but I would say the C.R. is too high, see the thing is I have a friend who has a 2003 Vette c5, and he blew the engine up while racing it, and now he wants me to rebuild it and put on a blower for him, I looked up the compression Ratio and it was like 10.5:1 and I told him no, and that I absolutely refused to put a blower on it, but now I guess I should have just done it, it probably would have lasted for a while, I feel bad now cause he's having the local shop doit now and I know they're not going to take care if it as well as I would of. oh well, what the hell

Thread Information