Thread: Another One

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Another One

I just took the framing out to protect the gas tank out in an effort to reduce weight and replaced the plate to protect the oil pan with the BMR version.

I've read there's a tow brace. Are these pieces one in the same?

When I cut the rear valance on the right side and installed a Borla, left and right exit, I do not recall seeing any other structure/bracing while I was underneath the vehicle, but I was focused on the job at hand.

hugger orange

its a big black (V) shaped peice of metal. It is held in by a few bolts. you have to drop the whole plastic peice that goes from the bumper back up to the rearend.... I just took everything out of mine last weekend. Once you drop the plastic cover you can't miss it, I bolts right to the spare tire tub.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    its a big black (V) shaped peice of metal. It is held in by a few bolts. you have to drop the whole plastic peice that goes from the bumper back up to the rearend.... I just took everything out of mine last weekend. Once you drop the plastic cover you can't miss it, I bolts right to the spare tire tub.
    Thanks - found and it's gone...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    Thanks - found and it's gone...
    your welcome! I went as far as taking out the factory carpet and replacing the front seats with summit racing buckets

Yellowjacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    your welcome! I went as far as taking out the factory carpet and replacing the front seats with summit racing buckets
    I pulled just about everything out of the car that I could unbolt or remove in an effort to reduce weight (because I don't want to give up my sexy 230lb physique... aka. my fat as is allergic to diets)

Then, I discovered that putting weight BACK into the rear helped me jump from 1.80s to 1.60s on my 60' times without any other changes!!!

Since then, I put the battery in the trunk, RE-installed the gastank and tow braces, unhooked the front sway bar for weight transfer,and I never run without a full gas tank of gas any more. Yeah, my race weight still averages 4060#, but I'm covering the quarter mile faster than ever.

hugger orange

+1 for the battery relocation (put it on the passenger side to aid more on your launch). after I get my car back together( I hope this weekend) I'm going to scale it out... I cheated, I cut my quarters off and wide-bodied my car!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

These cars are just heavy.

Who cares!! Add a little more bottle!!

Heavy,Fast,Rides like a Cadillac with the best interior GM has done yet.

Just put a nice plate on it with at least 150 jets and the weight will be the last thing on your minds.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information