HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Red face Abs Problem (help)

Long story short...Chicago received a lotta snowfall. my gto is on dr's. got stuck trying to get in my gf's driveway...finally got in, but in the process of spinning my tires my abs alert thing went off. now whenever i turn my ignition on or the car it beeps and say "abs fault" and the abs light stays on..if anyone can help me it would be great..thanks again
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

anyone??

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i wish i could help! pm sarge???

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Could be a lot of things

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    Long story short...Chicago received a lotta snowfall. my gto is on dr's. got stuck trying to get in my gf's driveway...finally got in, but in the process of spinning my tires my abs alert thing went off. now whenever i turn my ignition on or the car it beeps and say "abs fault" and the abs light stays on..if anyone can help me it would be great..thanks again
    Man I had an issue with my ABS on my 04 and it took 6 times for the dealer to finally solve the problem. It could be as simple as a speed sensor or it could be as complicated as the ABS control unit. I can't say for sure, but a lot of the goats have some speed sensor issues. I'm betting that one of the rear speed sensors went out while you were spinning tires in your GF's driveway. Now your computer cannot gauge the speed of one of your wheels so the ABS and traction control will not work. If your goat is still waranteed you should be good, but if not ot will probably cost you a couple hundred dollars to get it fixed. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

black
    lumina ss 2006

?????????

anyone??

you know what. luckily after driving for like 5 minuted the light just went off and now it doesnt beep. im am very very happy i do not have to go back to that stupid fuckin dealership. thanks guys =)

WHITE

Maybe

It might have been dirt or anything stuck in one of the four +/-traction sensors.

Cosmos Purple
    2004 GTO M6

I bet that it was similar to what MATTSS mentioned... it was either ice or snow that got on one of the sensors since you did mention you were in snow.

Very common problem with ABS sensors that are exposed out in the elements. Most ABS light issues I diagnose during the winter months is either ice/snow buildup on the sensor or trigger wheel. And even sometimes the sensor wire gets ripped of due to ice or when they bury the vehicle in deep snow.
    04 Cosmos Purple M6, SAP Grills & Spoiler, '05 Hood, Procharger, TrickFlow 515 HP H/C Kit, SLP LT Headers/LM II, '05 Big Red Brake upgrade, Drag bags, Holden CV8R wheels, GMM Ripshifter. Tuned by New Era: 515 rwhp/471 ft.lbs. Retuned by J&J Speed: Speed Density tuned 586rwhp/ 492 ft.lbs.

Thread Information