Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

341hp and 326ftlb on stock LS1

Ok i have a serious problem...

I went all out to get the best setup for my engine and well some little punk just changed his Cam and headers and scored 408 with 36*...Oddly enough his idle is shit...Hehe, no women in his car EVER...

And the worst part is I AM STILL LEAN.....

I tried to attach my logged run, but the program doesnt recognize it...

I am better on the numbers, but when you add it all up

FAST 90mm intake
    BBK 80mm Throttle body
    High flow air intake
    JBA headers
    JBA Catless mid-pipes
    Corsa exhaust
    HKS earthin kit
    Hypervoltage
    MSD coils
    Morosso ultra 40 wires
    Bosch sparkplugs
    Tune

It shows i have the cash to flash, but no power to growl with....

Presently i dont wanna change out my cam, One i dont wanna open up the engine, Two they dont know how to really install cams here properly...There is a bit of degreein involved and i am shocked no one has a torque wrench...Three i am droppin the 4L60e for a T56 six speed...

I am using EFI live, so if anyone has any ideas, i am open to them.....
    Last edited by Naf; 04-04-2007 at 04:58 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well your roughly 50 RWHP over stock. And I assume those JBA's are shorties so no gain there. The intake and tb add....sure...but with no additional lift from a cam where is it going? So I'd say your right where you should be....long tube headers/heads and cam just wake these som bitches up to well north of 400 RWHP.....with a good tuner of course...I bet a good tuner could squeeze some additional RWHP out of your setup....and naf...dont get caught up in dyno numbers.....I'd email ol Allen Nelson about a real tune via the mail.... www.nelsonperformance.com
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Black

Sarge,

Allen is my tuner...As for the Mail tune, we are doing E-mail tunin...We are sending EFI Live tunes back and forth...

I agree on the dyna numbers, but i am still lean...Need richenin...

I will be puttin in a wicked tune in my soon to be 383...hehe with 11.5:1 compression, i am going to knock the socks off those Vettes....Brother has a Z06 and is teasin me right now...

Black

It just takes us a week between tunes,,,

He sends me the tune, i test it i reply, but by that time its his weekend, then he gets back to me and its my weekend...Life is so unfair..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well shit....You got the best LSX tuner on the planet working on it then....
    I know about waiting on shit...my GTO has been in the shop since October 17th!

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Better get some fuel in there or you won't have to worry about putting up anymore numbers.

Why won't it richen up?

Maybe time for a new tuner as its really not that hard to get the AFR squared away.
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Better get some fuel in there or you won't have to worry about putting up anymore numbers.

Why won't it richen up?

Maybe time for a new tuner as its really not that hard to get the AFR squared away.
    I agree on some of your statement. And I'm sure "they" are exploring the fuel issue. But I will rag your ass on a fella in Kuwait dealing via the mail and the tuner not being able to put his hands on it and dealing with email. Makes it sorta difficult at best. Got a tuner you recommend? One that can deal with the enviroment and challenge presented here? Really?.... not that hard to square it away? Hell....maybe you can send him a tune and we can all check it out. Put your money where your mouth is. Lets see your tune.

Black
    1998 Trans am

Do you have a wideband O2 hooked to the car? If you do, go to EFILive.com and download the AutoVE tune tutorial. You can follow this and set your car up for an open loop SD tune and then you can richen up the Main VE table {B0101} by a percentage. The tutorial starts with 15% but you could go more. You need to get more fuel to that engine. This might help you keep the engine alive until your tuner fixes it. I'm very new to this so this is just a suggestion. Best of luck.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I agree on some of your statement. And I'm sure "they" are exploring the fuel issue. But I will rag your ass on a fella in Kuwait dealing via the mail and the tuner not being able to put his hands on it and dealing with email. Makes it sorta difficult at best. Got a tuner you recommend? One that can deal with the enviroment and challenge presented here? Really?.... not that hard to square it away? Hell....maybe you can send him a tune and we can all check it out. Put your money where your mouth is. Lets see your tune.
    I could recommend a few. With logs of what the car is doing, its not really that hard. Even half way across the world.

As far as my tune, what good would that do? Completely different setup and wouldn't be the right way to do things.

I work on my car. I have had my car tuned when I first installed my original cam. Then learned how to do it for myself. An experienced tuner, regardless of location, should be able to get a handle on it fairly quickly.

Sorry if you think I pissed in your Wheaties. But the car is running dangerously lean and possibly could have engine damage if it continues. It was a suggestion, plain and simple.

rednari
    Naf. Did you change or adjust the Maf to provide more air flow. The stock Maf will develop a firing strategy for the stated mods and should provide the appropriate mixture. If you are getting lean bank codes, that usually, but necessarily, indicates a Maf problem.

Also, your mods are ok but a little out of balance. For instance, the TB and intake should be the same size. In your case a 90/90 set up. The JBAs are ok, but a set of long tubes will provide probably 15 HP more.

I know you are in Kuwait which makes it difficult to get parts, and more so to find a good mechanic. I had to laugh when I read the post where you stated the mechanic did not have a torque wrench. Christ, keep those guys away from your car!!

Black

Smile Busy night last night

I would like to start by thank everyone here for there inputs....Though Sarge i didnt quite get this statement "But I will rag your ass on a fella in Kuwait dealing via the mail and the tuner not being able to put his hands on it and dealing with email" I am willin to bring Allen over here, but it never came up to be a big issue...In addition, he could bring me some parts...

I am sorry to say i am not stepping down to SD...The temp here changes from 10-20 degree C on a daily bases....Plus, it will hit 140F in the shade in a black box..So SD is out sorry...

I am going to hook up my AEM twin channel EUGO so i can see my A/F on a trip by trip ...Also i am installin a Blitz MMDi but it comes with three wires for the A/F option...It comes with its own WB, but i do not feel like spending more money...

The MAF was adjusted, and the VE table adjusted...I did tweak the LTFT and STFT a bit and so far no codes...I am taking it easy, no hard pulls...

As for the Unbalanced approach, i had my own issues..Trust me...The car is made in Australia, the Engine in the US and it was sold to me here in Q8...The car was a 2006 with a LS1, if i am not mistaken you all got your first LS2 in 2005...we just got ours in 2007...I had to get a TB from a tahoe for it to work...OH yes TAHOE...In anycase i have a machine shop at my disposal, but i dont wanna port it open to 90mm case i am unsure how to do the seal for the throttle plate...So if you know a guy that could it properly, i am willin to send it...

Again i would like to thank everyone for their replies, and lookin forward to more...I will keep you all posted on my progress...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I could recommend a few. With logs of what the car is doing, its not really that hard. Even half way across the world.

As far as my tune, what good would that do? Completely different setup and wouldn't be the right way to do things.

I work on my car. I have had my car tuned when I first installed my original cam. Then learned how to do it for myself. An experienced tuner, regardless of location, should be able to get a handle on it fairly quickly.

Sorry if you think I pissed in your Wheaties. But the car is running dangerously lean and possibly could have engine damage if it continues. It was a suggestion, plain and simple.
    No you said anybody could do it... it is easy...so I said OK...you tune it...not send him your tune...LOL....You didnt piss in nothing....Allen is the top tuner in the nation ( Yes a bold statement) according to about every trade rag and manufacturer of aftermarket parts ( Like STS Turbo's)...so if Allen can't tune it...it must be a bitch...

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

As lean as it is showing, perhaps the wideband you were using is defective...do you have access to a different sensor?

Black

ok, mistaken identity...My name Naf, his name Rob...I am the starter of this Thread...

In any case i just got my newest tune...I will try it out tomorrow...

Naf

I will keep you posted

Black

BlkCould

I am using the dyna wb for these readouts...I am normally runnin on the stock NB for the PCM..I am installin WB that i will use with my tuner, and Blitz for instant diagnostics...I can get RPM and speed vs A/f....thats always good isnt?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Seems like a good plan. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in what the 2 WBs read, and also how you and your car progress.

Good luck.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    As lean as it is showing, perhaps the wideband you were using is defective...do you have access to a different sensor?
    Hey Blkcloud....Still got that badass 5.0?

LS1.com Sponsor

silver
    94 silv

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    That's exactly why I asked him to get his dual wideband setup installed in the exhaust and not the tail pipe. Dyno shops don't change their widebands out often enough so we see this quite a bit.
    The maf table is richened up beyond what is normal, so either the wideband is reading incorrectly, or there's an issue with fuel supply.

Keep me updated NAF, I'll be here for you.

allen

btw Sarge, I can't wait to see your car running again, what's next on the mod list

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hey Blkcloud....Still got that badass 5.0?
    Nah, I sold my 5.0 in November of 03. I miss it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Folks BlkCloud ( Navy speak for weatherman) is a top notch drag racer in his own right. Glad your here man.....

Thread Information