black
    2004 pontiac gto

2004 gto superchip

is the superchip worth getting ?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

welcome to the site. I'm going to move this to the GTO section so you'll get some more detailed responses. Any of the handheld programmers are going to fall into the same category....they'll get the job done but are not the optimum choice for a tune. You'd get a much better and more personlized tune from a tuner. Depending on your mod level and goals for the car a mail order tune from Frost on here is another good option.....good tune and at $125 makes it way cheaper than most tuning options out there.

Red
    2001 ws6

welcome to the site where on the island are you? theres alot of good tuners on the island

I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

i've heard 2 totally different opinions on this...the first person swore up and down that a dyno tune is the only way to go, because it's more specific to your vehicle...the second said mail-order (specifically recommended Nelson because that's who they got), because apparently you can add more mods, then just request an upgraded tune from them to add your new mods, and they don't charge you again, just for s&h...haven't gotten around to doing either yet myself...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWrath04 View Post
    i've heard 2 totally different opinions on this...the first person swore up and down that a dyno tune is the only way to go, because it's more specific to your vehicle...the second said mail-order (specifically recommended Nelson because that's who they got), because apparently you can add more mods, then just request an upgraded tune from them to add your new mods, and they don't charge you again, just for s&h...haven't gotten around to doing either yet myself...
    IMO there's a mod cut off for both hand helds and mail order tunes. Headers and bolt on mods you can get away with a hand held or mail order tune but when you do a major mod like a cam then getting it tuned by someone who has the car in front of them is the only way to go.

IBM
    04 GTO

Just PM frost and forget about them tuner boxes

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    IMO there's a mod cut off for both hand helds and mail order tunes. Headers and bolt on mods you can get away with a hand held or mail order tune but when you do a major mod like a cam then getting it tuned by someone who has the car in front of them is the only way to go.
    agreed

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by VSgtoNY View Post
    is the superchip worth getting ?
    NO. If your looking to get a handheld I would get a predator. There is way more support for the predator. Many guys that can do custom tunes with the predator off your data logging. Predator seems to be the top pick for handhelds in the GTO world. There is a lot of info about the predator on some other sites about handhelds.

I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar

drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

vsgtony -- make sure to let us know what you end up doing, curious to hear how you like your choice

Thread Information