BLACK
    2004 GTO

Exclamation 2004 gto stock cam info

i have a complete stock 2004 gto besides a k&n air intake, i was wondering if anyone knew what the stock cam specs were for it, im looking to purchase a cam from lunati and just dont want something too big where i would need to upgrade other components besides the pushrods and a bigger throttle body, im looking for a noticeable lope but not too much

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Smile

That's a big jump, you need other parts before you do a cam or you will be wasting your time. The engine has to breathe and you want a combo that will work together. A cam by itself could not be much different than what you have stock, and as for a lope it might be a big disapointment with poor preformance. This is the way I think it should be done. Cia of your choice,TB up grade, headers, intake,, good flowing exhaste of corse. After that you to have a goal in mind as to what you want. After you have those mods, and a goal then it is time to pick a cam and heads or head work combo that work together. If you do it right and get a good tune you will be very happy and you won't wast your money. Like said above just mho, many things to think about. Others will chime in.
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 02-12-2011 at 08:36 PM.

BLACK
    2004 GTO

thanks for your information, my next question is about headers.....i heard something about long tubes vs. short tubes, long tube being the better choice. now I heard that how they gather at the end can effect on how it performs is this true? if so i don't really know what the difference is or how it would effect the performance I'm looking for a low end torque

BLACK
    2004 GTO

also wondering if you can get a 3" through the whole exhaust or do you have to get an adapter after the headers?

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Long tubes are best, all are not equal you get what you pay for. Most do the same basic job, get the exhaust out guicker and create a little vacuum to pull the gasses out of the combustion chamber. The 3'' is not what what you want, too big for what you are running, the reason you will have very little back pressure and it hurts HP and torque, I think the 04's came with 21/4 and 05-6 came with 21/2 an after market cat back will help and be about that size. Others will help, lots of combinations, just not cut and dried. Maybe some of the engineers' will help out.

Thread Information