8.9058 ET
    72.45 MPH

2.3551 60 ft
    9.1663 ET
    72.45 MPH

2.2079 60 ft
    9.0411 ET
    71.97 MPH

My launch sucks MAJOR ass, as evident by my lousy 60 ft time. People were complaining about a slick track tonight (air temp 76F, humidity 87%, dew point 73F), but 2.3 is awful. Definately need more seat time...

As a side note, I was spinning a decent amount in second and breaking third. Didnt help my times/speeds at all...

I have a vid of my last run, will post a link in a bit...
    Last edited by Tide; 09-09-2006 at 07:37 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You fairly stock? If so those arent all that bad...yeah the 60' times can be imporved with launch technique/tires for sure and that will help your et significantly....fun aint it?

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You fairly stock? If so those arent all that bad...yeah the 60' times can be imporved with launch technique/tires for sure and that will help your et significantly....fun aint it?
    Completely stock...From the air filter to the exhaust tips.

Use to take my Mustangs to the track quite a bit, I guess I just expected a little bit more out of it...

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

I neeted 3 back to back 9.20's at 76MPH with 2.1 and 2.2 60's this past thursday at Mooresville , NC. traction was at a premium.. got my ass handed to me all three times by a freakin diesel truck (Duramax.. had propane etc..big turbo) he ran 8.40's all night long ... I would stay with him off the line, but as soon as I fed the power to it.. pooof!! tire smoke... second gear... pooof!! again third gear.. a hard squawk.... then by the end of the track he had me by a length or 2. after the third spanking I put my shit up and got a hamburger...

those damn 18in wheels and little ass tires dont get it. after I get some more miles and finish spinning the rears off.. I will look into some DR's or something.

Better times to come soon

Steve

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by newguy WS6 View Post
    I neeted 3 back to back 9.20's at 76MPH with 2.1 and 2.2 60's this past thursday at Mooresville , NC. traction was at a premium.. got my ass handed to me all three times by a freakin diesel truck (Duramax.. had propane etc..big turbo) he ran 8.40's all night long ... I would stay with him off the line, but as soon as I fed the power to it.. pooof!! tire smoke... second gear... pooof!! again third gear.. a hard squawk.... then by the end of the track he had me by a length or 2. after the third spanking I put my shit up and got a hamburger...

those damn 18in wheels and little ass tires dont get it. after I get some more miles and finish spinning the rears off.. I will look into some DR's or something.

Better times to come soon

Steve
    There was a Chevy 2500 HD at the track the same night I was running consistent 8.5s...Was freaking SICK. By far, however, was the Dodge Magnum someone was spraying hitting consisten 7.75s.

I'm also in the market for some DRs. Thinking hard about some Nittos, most likely. Also, trying to find some used stock rims to mount them on.

To be fair, traction was at a premium that night, but still. When I ran the 8.9, I had traction control on!

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Hey man not to be a jerk, but your info says Alabama... were you in Mooresville, NC? There was 3 GTO's there that night.. mine, a 04 5.7 car (black) and a bad ass red one looked like a 04 had heads, cam and a maggie.. guy said it made around 500+ to the wheels..

I didnt see a magnum.. I left around 9:30pm.. Anyway wasnt triing to be a jerk just thought you may have the wrong track

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Oo
    No, was at Mobile Dragway, a good ways away from the Carolinas

Thread Information