-'06 Goat, black (A4) -
    -'92 Ferarri F40 (M5) -

Lightbulb 06 GTO , HP Est , Mods ..... ??

Hi gentlemen, just wondering, I am fairly unfamiliar with driving and "modding" these kinds of cars but I recently bought an 06 GTO (black, about 10 K miles) and it is bone-stock except for what are evidently a pair of 'glass packed' mufflers, and one cosmetic / appearance mod (a larger taller rear-end spoiler on the trunk), which the 1st owner put on.

Firstly, is anyone knowledgeable enough to guess-timate what kind of rwhp this car might have at this time?? (I realize there's no real way of knowing w/out a dyno, but , I work a lot & don't have much time , & as I said I'm just looking right now for an educated guess).

Secondly, any (again , educated guess) figures on 0 - 60 and quarter for this model, stock ?? I hear high 4's for the 0 - 60, which seems believable ('seat of the pants') , but have not been able to gather any knowledgeable intel from friends about the quarter.

Now, lastly, if I were to do 2 mods to start with, I'm thinking a Borla cat-back, along with a Volant CAI, what kind of improvement would you imagine I'd see ? Would it really be noticeable so to speak in everyday driving (I have been driving this to work everyday , and around town, as I have another sports car which is almost permanently garaged, and then another 'mundane' car, for bad weather, etc.) Would there be any chance that those 2 mods that I mentioned would upset the car's computer tuning in any way, or, actually cause it to run or perform less well than it is now , or ?? Thanks ahead of time for any input.
    Last edited by NEROSGTO; 07-30-2007 at 12:07 PM.
    -2006 Pontiac GTO- Stock (A4)

-1992 Ferrari F40 - Chassis # 91961 - Stock - top speed 201 mph - 0 - 60, high 3's,
    Quarter, 11.7 seconds @ 127 mph

black, and black
    04 M6

power

if i had to guess i would say 325 rwhp, i would get some headers and leave the glass packs but thats just me and if u gte headers u will prolly need a tune

Black Metallic on Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by NEROSGTO View Post
    Hi gentlemen, just wondering, I am fairly unfamiliar with driving and "modding" these kinds of cars but I recently bought an 06 GTO (black, about 10 K miles) and it is bone-stock except for what are evidently a pair of 'glass packed' mufflers, and one cosmetic / appearance mod (a larger taller rear-end spoiler on the trunk), which the 1st owner put on.

Firstly, is anyone knowledgeable enough to guess-timate what kind of rwhp this car might have at this time?? (I realize there's no real way of knowing w/out a dyno, but , I work a lot & don't have much time , & as I said I'm just looking right now for an educated guess).

Secondly, any (again , educated guess) figures on 0 - 60 and quarter for this model, stock ?? I hear high 4's for the 0 - 60, which seems believable ('seat of the pants') , but have not been able to gather any knowledgeable intel from friends about the quarter.

Now, lastly, if I were to do 2 mods to start with, I'm thinking a Borla cat-back, along with a Volant CAI, what kind of improvement would you imagine I'd see ? Would it really be noticeable so to speak in everyday driving (I have been driving this to work everyday , and around town, as I have another sports car which is almost permanently garaged, and then another 'mundane' car, for bad weather, etc.) Would there be any chance that those 2 mods that I mentioned would upset the car's computer tuning in any way, or, actually cause it to run or perform less well than it is now , or ?? Thanks ahead of time for any input.

My guess would be you lose about 50hp from the engine to the wheels.... this is based on some articles I remember reading a few weeks ago...so I'd say you have about 350rwhp ± 5hp.....but this is just a guestimate so please correct me if I'm wrong....

black, and black
    04 M6

power

from all my extensive internet research lol ive found that m6 has 15-18% reduction in hp therough the drive train called static loss and that a4's have 18-20% loss but i could be wrong

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

This may be of some help to you.........
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7757
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

-'06 Goat, black (A4) -
    -'92 Ferarri F40 (M5) -

thanks. yes that table that you posted the link to actually contains pretty much exactly what i was looking for.

Thread Information