Ripshifting

Black
    2004 GTO

04 Goat vs 08 Civic

I feel like a tool for posting this and most likely I'm confused on the right forum but...I run the Sig Series Amsoil in my Goat and my wife runs the typical dino oil in her 08 Civic running about 60 miles per day vs my maybe 2 miles per day. Sarge is the oil beast, therefore, I wonder if this oil or maybe the platinum would be better for her. I was going to post on other forums but I trust Sarge and you guys much more than the others.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Any conventional oil will be fine in her Honda for 5K OCI's. If you go Pennzoil Platinum extend those OCI's to 7500K OCI's.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

When I first saw the title I thought the OP lost to a Civic.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Any conventional oil will be fine in her Honda for 5K OCI's. If you go Pennzoil Platinum extend those OCI's to 7500K OCI's.
    So your saying pennsoil is the shit,is this what you run in your Goat..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sometimes....Shaeffers is sponsoring us this year and they have excellent oil......but Pennzoil Platinum is the best stuff off the shelf for sure...

Post Extended Oil Change Intervals

Quote Originally Posted by TyeMug View Post
    I feel like a tool for posting this and most likely I'm confused on the right forum but...I run the Sig Series Amsoil in my Goat and my wife runs the typical dino oil in her 08 Civic running about 60 miles per day vs my maybe 2 miles per day. Sarge is the oil beast, therefore, I wonder if this oil or maybe the platinum would be better for her. I was going to post on other forums but I trust Sarge and you guys much more than the others.
    It’s not unreasonable to see some nice extended oil change intervals with a Honda engine and top grade motor oil.

HERE is a post of a Used Oil Analysis (UOA) report where the poster effectively took his Amsoil 100% Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil (ASM) and AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter (EaO) to a run of 24,000-miles and 12-months.

If the 60-miles per day that your wife drives is Highway miles and not stop-and-go driving, you might be lucky as meeting the criteria for Normal Service use and able of achieving a similar feat with your motor oil. I'd get some UOAs done and have some fun with it.

Even more impressive, this 2003 Honda S2000 ran nearly 31,000-miles on Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil (SSO) and Amsoil Ea By-Pass Oil Filter system (EaBP)

Look at the Blackstone UOA report provided. They point out the oil still had life left in it. That’s testament to top grade motor oil combined with top grade oil filtration.

Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil (SSO)

Amsoil Ea By-Pass Oil Filter system (EaBP)

CompSyn
    Last edited by CompSyn; 03-17-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: S2000

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Sometimes....Shaeffers is sponsoring us this year and they have excellent oil......but Pennzoil Platinum is the best stuff off the shelf for sure...
    well , I have a new motor in car needs oil...im sure ill put it to the test with the twins

Thread Information