Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Z28vs Supra

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Z28vs Supra

driving to my dads house today i came up on a supra.......i rode beside him for a lil bit then he started slowing down.........we drop to around 50 i was in 2nd waiting...........when i saw him jump a nailed it.........it wasnt even fun....before i was in 3rd i had pulled him by 2 cars........i let out until he was beside me again(he was still on it) and took off again into 4th till i hit 110...by this time he was way back there..........i was like WHAT THE HELL......a supra is one of the imports to has i thought.........idk it wasnt very fun.....i came up on a spaceship(eclipes) after him this thing had more wings hanging off of it than a ww1 plane.......he wouldnt even try anything
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 m6
    SLP LoudMonth, SLP CAI, SLP MAF, Hotchkis SFC
    12.76 @109 1.96-60ft

Stay tuned...literally

Maybe it was a non TT Supra...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

yeah your nearly stock right?? must of been a non turbo supra...if so then hes an idiot because he should know better than mess with an ls1 in a non turbo supra.......and ..LMAO eclipse=spaceship

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    yeah your nearly stock right?? must of been a non turbo supra...if so then hes an idiot because he should know better than mess with an ls1 in a non turbo supra.......and ..LMAO eclipse=spaceship
    yea.....i saw the folgers can hanging out the back so i went after it....i didnt hear a turbo....the eclipse had 3 little wings hanging off the bottem at eash corner.....i guess one fell off when he was re-entering the atmosphere

pewter

LOL im gonna use that when i see eclipses from now on..thats funny shit......yeah a turbo supra stock runs nearly exactly the same as a stock ls1.....and theres not many stock turbo supras left out there...sick cars

red
    2000 trans am ws6

Iv never really been impressed with stock supras every1 Iv raced Iv beat when my car was stock too, Its the non stock supras boosting a million PSIs you got to worry about on the street.

pewter

i just remember the times the mags ran with them......usually 5.1 to 60 and low low 13s at 106 or so quarter.....there equal to our cars stock in a straight line

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by craz1469 View Post
    driving to my dads house today i came up on a supra.......i rode beside him for a lil bit then he started slowing down.........we drop to around 50 i was in 2nd waiting...........when i saw him jump a nailed it.........it wasnt even fun....before i was in 3rd i had pulled him by 2 cars........i let out until he was beside me again(he was still on it) and took off again into 4th till i hit 110...by this time he was way back there..........i was like WHAT THE HELL......a supra is one of the imports to has i thought.........idk it wasnt very fun.....i came up on a spaceship(eclipes) after him this thing had more wings hanging off of it than a ww1 plane.......he wouldnt even try anything
    From your sig., I don't think you'll have any problems beating a stock twin, you should do well against a bpu'd one as well. Good job on your Kill!

567rwhp@16 psi, 777rwhp@26 psi, 825rwhp@28 psi
    Justin Nenni Tuned

NBM
    '00 Z28

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does BPU stand for? I thought it was "boost pressure unknown."

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    always wanted to run one....
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Yeah, those N/A Supras are junk. Its because they have a terrible comp ratio. Those motors are made for boost. But they can be built to kill anything out there.
    I raced one a few years ago in my other 94 Z. I was bone stock down to the filter. I don't know what he had, except for some stickers, but we were even til 60, then I let off because I didn't know if there were any cops behind us.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

There's no missing the turbo noise on one of those! I can't belive the price they still go for if they are in good shape.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    There's no missing the turbo noise on one of those! I can't belive the price they still go for if they are in good shape.
    yeah they sure do keep their value

red
    2000 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60 View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what does BPU stand for? I thought it was "boost pressure unknown."
    Basic power upgrade(I think, downpipe with full exhaust,cold air intake,blow off valve,and maybe boost controller)

NBM
    '00 Z28

thanks J'stransam

That's a pretty impressive Supra you got there Sonic. I've been wanting to run one against my '92 Firebird, but their sadly not as common as they once were (if that), at least not over here, that is...

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

yea thats a nice car......i've only seen one in my area at the race track....ran 9s street legal.....very clean

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by J'stransam View Post
    Basic power upgrade(I think, downpipe with full exhaust,cold air intake,blow off valve,and maybe boost controller)
    Yes, you are correct!

Non Turbo Supras are dogs and run low 15s. I never understand why those guys race more powerful cars, like a modded LS1. They look good and handle well but are obviously castrated without the turbos for which the engine was designed around.

BPUs run around 115-118 traps and put out around 420rwhp(460 crank) give or take depending on assisting mods(Larger intercooler, cam gears, boost settings)
    95 Supra TT 420rwhp
    05 STI Stage2

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj View Post
    Non Turbo Supras are dogs and run low 15s. I never understand why those guys race more powerful cars, like a modded LS1. They look good and handle well but are obviously castrated without the turbos for which the engine was designed around.

BPUs run around 115-118 traps and put out around 420rwhp(460 crank) give or take depending on assisting mods(Larger intercooler, cam gears, boost settings)
    You're saying "BPU", which consists of an intake, exhaust, and boost controller, will add 150RWHP to an otherwise stock Supra??

I swear you ricers are on drugs, its ridiculous...

Unless you're cranking the boost up by ungodly amounts with the boost controller, that isn't even in the ballpark. Just like the Evo and STI guys that claim they gain 50 AWHP from a new downpipe.

Its just plain off the wall.

Thread Information