Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: z28 vs ls2 gto

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

z28 vs ls2 gto

ok so to the point...

i was comin home and came across a blue gto, he started toyin with me so i gave him a lil rev and then we decided to take a back highway(abandoned) but we did three runs off of a roll, i pulled him by a half a car on the jump all three times and it stayed that way till about 110 and then i would let off! i even talked to the guy (pretty cool dude) after and he said he went full throttle, but anyway i told him we could do a couple more runs this weekend and he said ya, this time i can record it lol but my car is bone stock! wat u guys think?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Sounds about right.

Our cars are 350HP stock, his is 400HP, but GTOs weigh about 300-400lbs more.

So if you have mods, you would definitely have the edge.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sounds about right.

Our cars are 350HP stock, his is 400HP, but GTOs weigh about 300-400lbs more.

So if you have mods, you would definitely have the edge.
    true but those numbers are at the fly wheel? and im bone stock and an a4..i just figured he would pull me, but i guess its all a drivers race

Ray Charles blue

My GTO with gas was 3,850lbs. It wasnt full so yeah they are heavy.

What mods do you have? They make a lot of torque and even the A4 GTOs get 3.42 rears so he probably has the edge there. It should have made it close but I havent seen a "stock" Z28 hang with a "stock" LS2 GTO. No need to go past 110 dude, get vids next time?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Good kill. The 05-06 GTO's are respectable cars and love the way they look. Was his a A4 as well ?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    My GTO with gas was 3,850lbs. It wasnt full so yeah they are heavy.

What mods do you have? They make a lot of torque and even the A4 GTOs get 3.42 rears so he probably has the edge there. It should have made it close but I havent seen a "stock" Z28 hang with a "stock" LS2 GTO. No need to go past 110 dude, get vids next time?
    i have no mods! just bone stock..atleast until this summer and well he was right on my ass everytime...and ya goin over 110 is def no! and ya i will!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Good kill. The 05-06 GTO's are respectable cars and love the way they look. Was his a A4 as well ?
    very respectable cars! i would like to own one in the future, but no it was an m6..both of us bone stock

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by somz28 View Post
    very respectable cars! i would like to own one in the future, but no it was an m6..both of us bone stock
    He probably doesn't know how to shift then but good kill

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by jetaws6 View Post
    He probably doesn't know how to shift then but good kill
    ur prolly right but apparently the a4 goats are a lil quicker in the quarter than the m6's are no matter whos driving. at least thats what GM says anyway, could just be bs to sell more a4's.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

110mph is just gettin back up into the powerband

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

Bring your stock LS1 (310 hp) over my way and I'll show you what a stock LS2 GTO 6 spd can do... You say he was behind you (single lane), not really a race in my book, line up next to him or rolling on a 3 lane hwy, and watch him say bye bye...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    ur prolly right but apparently the a4 goats are a lil quicker in the quarter than the m6's are no matter whos driving. at least thats what GM says anyway, could just be bs to sell more a4's.
    GM's BS when it comes to numbers, and ive raced a4 goats...it wasnt pretty for them

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    i agree and think that if we would of continued to atleast 130 he would of lined up with me or pulled me, but a win is a win, especially 3 times in a row

Bring your stock LS1 (310 hp) over my way and I'll show you what a stock LS2 GTO 6 spd can do... You say he was behind you (single lane), not really a race in my book, line up next to him or rolling on a 3 lane hwy, and watch him say bye bye...

haha...u sure bout that? id take that challenge but ur to far...it was a wide double lane highway, it was fair and square...no need to get booty hurt! and i highly doubt he would say bye bye, ive raced other goats and and the outcome was the same, some were closer..

anyway thanks for the input everyone

Ray Charles blue

If you check LS1GTO.com the fastest LS2 GTOs ARE 6-speeds. Many of them in the high 12s stock. There might be an auto in there though too. The top 10 LS1 GTOs in stock form range from 13.0 to 13.25 and all but 1 are 6-speed.

If an LS2 guy can shift they should be able to hold off a stock LS1 car. Not only 50 more hp but more torque and a higher rpm limit plus if he is a 6-speed he has better gears.

But if he cant shift all the power in the world wont help him.

Good job!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge05 View Post
    I wouldn't be too cocky...a stock LS1 F-body is a good race with a stock LS2 GTO. Reason being the GTO has an extra 50HP, but it also has an extra 300-400lbs to drag along. So it ends up being quite close.

Remember, the LS1 is actually 350HP stock, not 310HP like the F-body spec sheet says.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I wouldn't be too cocky...a stock LS1 F-body is a good race with a stock LS2 GTO. Reason being the GTO has an extra 50HP, but it also has an extra 300-400lbs to drag along. So it ends up being quite close.

Remember, the LS1 is actually 350HP stock, not 310HP like the F-body spec sheet says.
    Driver's race. My 06 M6 ran high 12's stock, when heatsoaked it was a low 13 car. After my tune the car really woke up and I was running mid 12s consistently. I really think the GTO has the edge stock for stock. Mine felt seat of the pants faster and ran faster times than my stock Trans Am.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

funny funny post made my day

2000 Trans Am

LOL but he does have 1 of 498

TheJudge05

2005 GTO - One of 498
    Yellow

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

hahaha why so defensive. On an other hand great kill! Seems like it should have been.

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

The Camaro has better aerodynamics too. I think it would be a drivers race. The goat is heavier with more power but the Camaro has better Aerodynamics. Just hope that you're John Force and hope hes not.

Thread Information