Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

z28 Killed a Saab Turbo

Okay the race started like this...

We were going around a corner that you normally can take at 55-60... So I gradually took it to 70 to see if the saab behind me was game... sure nuff

Anyways at the end of the corner, the saab mashes the gas and tries to do a nascar pass on me in the turning lane/opposing lane... I didn't notice he had the run on me until he was at my back bumper... I expect he had enough time to reach 80-85 mph by the time he was next to me.... Anyways, I punched the gas, and all of a sudden his quick gaining came to a stop. We were at stand still for a second, then old trusty z28 started getting the lead... Anyways, I took it to 120mph and after about 6-8 car length lead he got behind me and that was the end of the race. I let second run out and start a lil into third.... 120 mph is fast enough for me and apparently my competition as well.

Moral of the story, no matter how much inertia, lead start time, corner g-force, turbo, stand still or passing... YOU CANT SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCH.

Another win for GM! Oh wait, GM would have won either way... LOL

ps this took place on a track lol
    Last edited by eautocad; 05-12-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

my boss has a saab turbo,...i drove it one time....its slow as death.......he's like turbo this turbo that blah blah...yeah turbo on ur 2 liter engine.....i piss 2 liters

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post

Moral of the story, no matter how much inertia, lead start time, corner g-force, turbo, stand still or passing... YOU CANT SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCH.

Another win for GM! Oh wait, GM would have won either way... LOL

ps this took place on a track lol

Good kill haha, but let a car get past you and then stomp on it and see what your car is really made of! It's amazing to have someone be a car or so ahead of you in flyby mode and then walk on them. Stopping a flyby before it can even get started is priceless though.

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Good kill haha, but let a car get past you and then stomp on it and see what your car is really made of! It's amazing to have someone be a car or so ahead of you in flyby mode and then walk on them. Stopping a flyby before it can even get started is priceless though.

x2 agreed!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

death by cubic in.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

haha thanks everyone i like your responses... I will have to try the flyby buzz kill one next time.... There was this one time I was following some racers and was given the opportunity to pass in the center turn lane, but i decided against it. They were rev'n out and I was behind them barely givin it any gas.... I love the Ls1 WOW just let her breathe and she'll treat you right. Help her breath and she'll really treat you right lol.

Haha stopping the fly by was great though, it's as if time stood still for a split second.... GM has made a time machine!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

this is the car your selling?

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    my boss has a saab turbo,...i drove it one time....its slow as death.......he's like turbo this turbo that blah blah...yeah turbo on ur 2 liter engine.....i piss 2 liters

Just the wrong kind of 2 liters is all =)

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    this is the car your selling?
    yes this is the car I'm selling lol it's quick

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

so within the last week or so you posted about street races, showed video's of redlining the car, and video's of running it to 120 plus?

how much i'm interested.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

sold @ $8700 USD

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

hmmm you killed a slow as hell car?? when ever i think of performance..sabb never comes to my mind.

98' trans am

um also....GM is Saab parent company..so chalk up a win and a lose for GM

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

3X agreed. :-)

I did that to a 350Z that tryed to pass me like that he had his girlfriend with em.

Heh.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post

So true, I see no point in trying to make a small engine as fast. If you want to go turbo, get a real engine and turbo that. Then you will go really fast, and you won't have the turbo lag or fart can exhaust that plague small turbo engines.

I've never driven a turbo Saab, but I've heard the older ones had some nasty turbo lag. What do people expect though from a 4 cylinder with low compression and a turbocharger?? Engineers have found ways around it with newer cars like the '08 Cobalt SS, with direct injection and variable vane turbos and such. The 2.0 Turbo in the SS makes peak torque (260) at 2,000RPM, which is very impressive for a 4 banger. Leave it to the Americans to make a 4 banger with low end torque

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

wanna run........................?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    3X agreed. :-)

I did that to a 350Z that tryed to pass me like that he had his girlfriend with em.

Heh.
    Like that was a fast car either. There at best 10 Sec 1/8th mile, They barely trap 76MPH.

I outrun a 350z running on 3cyl Mis firing BAD the entire track and Never got above 4500RPM's LOL,( My 2 step killed my coils) I was Completely one Legged on that race and I still beat one by 1 car. I Coasted to a 10.02 @ 67MpH to his 10.20 @75MPH HAHA, There is No race for a 350z Or a SABB.

I really don't know why you guys don't RACE other v8's since there Obviously isn't a 4 Banger thats EVER going to keep up. At least run someone of equal value.

I hardly EVER see another thread on ls1 of a v8 show down its always Killed another RICER B.S, If you have never Noticed the ONLY races I have Ever posted has been me Killing v8's, From supercharged S-10's to Nitrous Mustangs. I would think you guys could find at least a few other F-Bodies to hook up with.

red
    2002 z/28

it always feels good to leave a saab owner SOBBING in the rear view mirror

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post

I hardly EVER see another thread on ls1 of a v8 show down its always Killed another RICER B.S, If you have never Noticed the ONLY races I have Ever posted has been me Killing v8's, From supercharged S-10's to Nitrous Mustangs. I would think you guys could find at least a few other F-Bodies to hook up with.
    You killing V8's...

Why do you always feel the need to try and prove something to everyone?? It seems like somehow your Nissan gets dragged into everyone else's kill stories in your posts. Give it a rest, if somebody liked your car, I'm sure they would ask you about it
    Last edited by Wesman; 08-18-2008 at 10:03 PM.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post

I really don't know why you guys don't RACE other v8's since there Obviously isn't a 4 Banger thats EVER going to keep up. At least run someone of equal value.

x2

Thread Information