Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Z/28 Gets Smoked...(Literally)

Don't worry, I didn't loose.

I'm going down Rt. 37 (Hi EE1983)... Pull behind a red convertible 5.0 w/ a big roll bar on the back & he looks in his rearview and starts smiling and revving. He pulls away alittle quickly and BAM, a big cloud of smoke dumps out of the back of his pipes. So we both roll up to the next light and his cars smoking & me and my friend are coughing, now I'm gettin alil aggravated. So the light turns green and he punches it. Big clouds of black smoke at every shift. I pause, think, screw it, I hit it! He was upto 50mph, I flew past him in the left at 75mph and my friend was almost in tears, he laughed so hard. After we calmed down at the next light, my friend tells me "The look on the guys face was priceless, the guy mouthed WHOOAAAA!!!". And thus another kill story is born.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

awe, he's a cute little guy. congrats. nice kill, good job puttin him in his place like that

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Nice mauling...

Looks like his smoke screen tactic didn't work.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

LMAO smoke screen LOL. Nice kill BTW.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Thanks guys, not sure on the mods, he def had gears & exhaust. There was more smoke coming out of his pipes than an old desiel truck doing a cold start...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

It was ragged out. Good kill on the POS!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    It was ragged out. Good kill on the POS!
    Hey, I take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Don't worry, I didn't loose.

I'm going down Rt. 37 (Hi EE1983)... Pull behind a red convertible 5.0 w/ a big roll bar on the back & he looks in his rearview and starts smiling and revving. He pulls away alittle quickly and BAM, a big cloud of smoke dumps out of the back of his pipes. So we both roll up to the next light and his cars smoking & me and my friend are coughing, now I'm gettin alil aggravated. So the light turns green and he punches it. Big clouds of black smoke at every shift. I pause, think, screw it, I hit it! He was upto 50mph, I flew past him in the left at 75mph and my friend was almost in tears, he laughed so hard. After we calmed down at the next light, my friend tells me "The look on the guys face was priceless, the guy mouthed WHOOAAAA!!!". And thus another kill story is born.

Mike what were you doing down here on a Tuesday night?

My car is back together, I should be out Saturday night, I think a bunch of F-bods are coming too.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You are doing better than me, the only kills I can post about my car is the property tax/insurance killing my wallet, and I just got a letter in the mail from NC saying I didn't get my car inspected on time, and to pay 250 BONES!!!

GD, I can't get a break. I ain't been able to drive the car since December, and now I get a fine for not towing it to the inspection station, to GET A CAR INSPECTED I CAN'T DRIVE.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Mike what were you doing down here on a Tuesday night?

My car is back together, I should be out Saturday night, I think a bunch of F-bods are coming too.
    Weather was nice, just thought I'd take a cruise man, I'm lookin into getting a ZX-10R for the summer, so I hit the Kawasaki dealer there. My car just isn't fast enough for me. I'll be around.

Weather was nice, just thought I'd take a cruise man, I'm lookin into getting a ZX-10R for the summer, so I hit the Kawasaki dealer there. My car just isn't fast enough for me. I'll be around.
    Oh nice! Hopefully its nice Saturday night, I cant wait to find some races. I raced a Lightning last. Made it look like it was going backwards. I was looking for a nasty race but couldnt find one.

I might have a date with a C6 Z06 this weekend My friend's dad has a brand new one and I told him I wanted a run for fun (Im going to get beat for sure lol).

Either way, for the money youre going to spend on a ZX-10, you could make youre car pretty nasty. Pair of 3.73s, stall, headers, cam, maybe 100shot 0- get some tire out back and youll be good!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Either way, for the money youre going to spend on a ZX-10, you could make youre car pretty nasty. Pair of 3.73s, stall, headers, cam, maybe 100shot 0- get some tire out back and youll be good!
    Yea, but come on man, it's 10secs on 2wheels! (Maybe less)

Me & my mechanic friend used to slap on mods on my car w/ his tools, but he hasn't been around so now I have stuff sittin that I can't install. I don't really trust any place around me to do it, so I'm kinda screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    My car just isn't fast enough for me....
    Mike, bring that thing over tonight, if it doesn't rain. Not fast enough? Heh, I have to agree with Tom about the money you would spend on the ZX-10. We'll get that thing deep in the tens, and then some, for that....

BTW, were you over by the east Brunswick mall a few days back? Thought I seen a Pewter Camaro, w/rear spoiler, and exhaust pipes "sagging" a little downward. That you bro....?

Yea, but come on man, it's 10secs on 2wheels! (Maybe less)
    Got to admit that it is a rush. I'm contemplating taking a trip down the track with my buddy's Hyabusa.

... wife won't let me though.

Me & my mechanic friend used to slap on mods on my car w/ his tools, but he hasn't been around so now I have stuff sittin that I can't install....
    <insert theme to Jeapordy>

^ BTW, his Hyabusa run's high 8's.....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Street Lethal, that's awesome! The problem I seem to have w/ bikes is simply that I'm 6'7" and I seem to make most crotch rockets look like a little tricycle. I was actually lookin at the ZX-14, but that maybe over doing it! So I'll stick w/ the ZX-10R. I wish I could fit on a Busa, they're not that big of a frame, they sit to low and are just a long stretched bike. I'd appreciate it if we could hang sometime and you could give me some pointers on my slow LS1. I have headers & 3.73's collecting dust that need to be installed if you could recommend a place that's not totally killing my wallet. I just don't have the garage & tools for it.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    BTW, were you over by the east Brunswick mall a few days back? Thought I seen a Pewter Camaro, w/rear spoiler, and exhaust pipes "sagging" a little downward. That you bro....?
    Wasn't me, but I should head over to get a Mother's Day gift soon! I've been seeing a few more Pewter's running around on Rt. 9 & 516. You'll def know it's me when you see my spoiler, LoL.

I'd appreciate it if we could hang sometime and you could give me some pointers on my slow LS1. I have headers & 3.73's collecting dust that need to be installed if you could recommend a place that's not totally killing my wallet. I just don't have the garage & tools for it....
    Mike, Dave (Boosted) has his own shop, w/lift, over near East Brunswick. I keep urging you to come down to Raceway Park so you can meet a few of us. His shop specializes in rear's, and the headers we can do pretty much anytime bro....

The stall is what's important though, trust me....!

Street Lethal, that's awesome! The problem I seem to have w/ bikes is simply that I'm 6'7" I have headers & 3.73's collecting dust that need to be installed if you could recommend a place that's not totally killing my wallet. I just don't have the garage & tools for it.
    You are one tall mofo haha

3.73s and headers are a great start but you really need a stall to make that thing haul ass. The 1 guy who I know who has a LS1, 4.10s, stalled.... man that thing is FAST and he is only full-bolt on. I think he went 11.6 on slicks. I think he recently sold it.

Sometimes we need a little inspiration. Whenever I get the urge to just toss my '92 Firebird (which I would never really do), in favor for something entirely different, I'll simply watch something that get's the heart pumping, and the blood flowing....

, and be sure to come down tonight if it doesn't rain.....

Thread Information