Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

your favorite race.

not that I am saying we should all rush out and street race, but just wondering what do you like racing the most? The cocky kid in his moms gt or the middle aged guy in the 350z? My favorite is the highschool punks that "live there life a 1/4 mile at a time" and have watched fast and furious wat to many times. and think they are in some underground street racing gang

and yes I know my spelling sucks but I couldent figure out how to correct the title

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

had a chance to run a v12 vanquish, had the wife in the car though, would like another chance at that.............

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

My favorite is the dumbass's who think their CAI and fart can that can get them into the 12s.

I love destroying all the people who think they have a "fast car".. IE... All ricers

raced this fag in a Porsche who had this hot girl with him. After blowing doors off, his girl started talking to my buddy and I in my car. The dude got pissed off and ran a stop light in the middle of rush hour. There is more to the story but this is the short and sweet version :P

silver
    2002 ws6

my favorite race was probably beating a guy in his 05 gt that was incredibly cocky about it. he wasnt so cocky after.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

My favorite race to date was a N/A run against a well modded WRX. Ran the first time from a roll around 50 -- I lit the rear end up and just couldn't pass him before he let off. Chalk that up a my first loss (needed a driver mod).

We honked it off a second time, he got a bit of a jump, however I hooked and proceeded to walk. Much more fulfilling to actually drive the car the way it should be driven and to get the desired result! HAHA!

As far as the most desired race -- I'd love to get a shot at running a stock or bolt on C6 Z06 from a 50 roll. Both cars should get decent traction at that speed on a warm day -- I have the power advantage however the Z06 would have the weight and aerodynamic advantage on the highway. Be interested to see how that turns out.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

i like to race rep people. Not punk cocky kids. Its just a waste of life cause they never learn. I dont street race. But the best race I had was racing a 05 vette with a sts rear mount tt setup. The guy was in his late 40's early 50's white headed etc. his was a4 mine 5 speed. We stage at the line and of course the ole man fell asleep at the lights. I schooled him with a .003 to his .225 and I pulled 2-3 cars out of the hole. About mid track I hit 3rd and started walkin the back end out I layed off to about 3/4 throttle fighting it till the finish line I ended up crossing into his lane up top and saved it from the guard rail. The track had alot of moister on it that night. But he gave me the thumbs up and shook my hand after the race. He said I had nothing for you but that was a hell of a save!!

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    My favorite race to date was a N/A run against a well modded WRX. Ran the first time from a roll around 50 -- I lit the rear end up and just couldn't pass him before he let off. Chalk that up a my first loss (needed a driver mod).

We honked it off a second time, he got a bit of a jump, however I hooked and proceeded to walk. Much more fulfilling to actually drive the car the way it should be driven and to get the desired result! HAHA!

As far as the most desired race -- I'd love to get a shot at running a stock or bolt on C6 Z06 from a 50 roll. Both cars should get decent traction at that speed on a warm day -- I have the power advantage however the Z06 would have the weight and aerodynamic advantage on the highway. Be interested to see how that turns out.
    we have about the exact same setup/ Mine is a trans-am and I have a ms3 other then that pretty much the exact same. what are you running in the 1/4 without the bottle

I love destroying ego heads that think nothing can beat their car because they spent alot of money buying it or modding it.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 01-16-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

i'd have to say my fav was beating a guy in his 40's with a brand new '06 WRX a few years back still had dealer plates and everything, he looked over at me laughed, shook his head and then tryed to smoke me when the light turned green ::he got raped:: I hate it when people think their cars are really fast JUST CAUSE they are brand new that year, it makes no difference, dunno if any of you guys have noticed that or not...

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

My favorite race....would have to have been the other night on the interstate..some punk in a riced-out 350Z pulled up next to me while drivin down the highway. He reved his little fart can exhaust and proceeded to speed up slowly(like he dropped back a gear)...i didn't do anything at first...so he did it again....this time i decided to let him have it...he reved again and i slammed into third..(remember were doin about 70 mph)..my tires chirped a little but i could feel my nose lift up...i blew through 4th and as i was geetin to the end of fifth i looked back...he tried so hard to keep up but i could literally notice car length after car length appear between us...there were people waving their fists out of their wndows cheering me on!! i had worked my way up to 150ish by this point and decided to stop...and of course..he sped by afterwards to prove to me that "he had the last say"..but he just embarrased himself more..lol....i love my car...

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    i'd have to say my fav was beating a guy in his 40's with a brand new '06 WRX a few years back still had dealer plates and everything, he looked over at me laughed, shook his head and then tryed to smoke me when the light turned green ::he got raped:: I hate it when people think their cars are really fast JUST CAUSE they are brand new that year, it makes no difference, dunno if any of you guys have noticed that or not...
    Exactly

+1

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I like beating the guys that like to beat cocky people

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

my fav race took place last year at montgomery motorsports park.it was a big event weekend,pro mods and ultra fast"street"cars,anyway me and my wife went to friday night test and tune and were just going to watch because i didn't want to get in the way of the guys trying to dial in their race cars.but this dude with a 05 mustang gt called me out.he had cai,programmer,pulleys,and a cat back, my ce is bone stock,except for a k&n,so he thought he'd blow me away,wrong,i pulled him by 1/2 a car! ran a 8.9 in the 1/8 to his 9.1.not sure if the times were accurate because the timing system was kinda screwed up,my time slip didn't even have a 1/4 time on it. he didn't have much to say at work on monday and spent the rest of the week asking me what mods i had on the t/a since it couldn't have beat him stock.i just laughed.

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Mustangs are number one on the list. Goes back to the GN Mustang wars of the past.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

That's my favorite race.

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321
    your favorite race....
    My favorite race was me as the passenger. My cousin got me into F-Body's at a very young age, and I've been hooked ever since. He had an '86 Iroc, similar to mine, but he swapped in a 425 Oldsmobile engine and did a lot of suspension and transmission work to keep it all together. First night out with it, we were coming back from Rockaway Beach, and once we hit the toll, some rich guy in a red Lambo pulled up one toll over. Thing sounded nasty as hell, but my cousin gave me a look that I have never forgotten to this day. Both slammed the throttle, and the Iroc left the Lambo so many damn cars back it wasn't even funny. I was holding on for my life. It was later on, when he finally brought it out to e-town, in which it ran a low nine second pass. I will never forget that damn car, and hopefully mine will live up to it's legacy....

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post

That's my favorite race.
    Nice run man..

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post

That's my favorite race.
    but...but...but... you lost. I wanted to see you kick the shit out of the cocky Cobra owner. How can losing be a favorite race? Turn up the wick and go kick his ass.

What were the mods for both cars?

Chris

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

a lot of mods, it would take me 10 minutes to type it all out. Just because I lost doesn't mean it's not my favorite. Not very often that you have a race like that, he would pull, I would reel it in, etc.

Thread Information