Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunset Orange metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

WS6 vs. Supercharged 96 mystic Cobra

Well Ill start my first post on here with my kill story.

Went to little friday night street races that usually goes on. Anyway I have been wanting to run this Vortech supercharged Cobra but everytime we are going to it rains or something else happens. Well finally we set it up to go and it starts raining(damn it) So someone suggest another spot. We go out there with about 10 other cars and sure enough it dry (Florida weather).

First race is me and the Cobra, We line up and hes heating his tires next to me. I can hear his supercharger whining and all Im thinking is oh damn. I dont even bother to heat my tires. We take off and I hook extremely well and jump out ahead. By the end of third I put a car or so on him. When we hit our guesstimated 1/4 mile mark Im still a good car ahead.

Second race we line up and im feeling all cocky. He begins to heat up his tires, so I look at him like ok I can do that to now, and burn the sh*t outta them. We get all straight and take off, This time I get a sh*tty launch and he jumps out a car ahead, I reel him back in through second and my front bumper is now at his door, third I come back side by side, here what really messes us both up some idiot about 15 feet where we finish opens his door(hes parked on the side of the road) I have to slam on my brakes and the cobra jumps over to take a win and not take a door off.(oh well)

Some other good races was
    2000 a4 camaro z28 against a fox body with new motor and some bolt ons. Z28 won by a little less than a car.
    2000 m5 gt against a 3000gt vr4(14lbs boost). funny race vr4 eats him off the line by 3 cars and the stock gt comes back and passes him at the end of second

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Nice kill man, is your motor stock?

Silver
    04 Cobra

Good kill 96 through 98 was a horrible year for Mustang anyway

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

nice kill, and welcome to the board.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater
    Good kill 96 through 98 was a horrible year for Mustang anyway
    Not supercharged they weren't. The DOHC heads flow incredible. Usually with 8 psi, they made 400-450 rwhp easily. I suspect he has a good amount of mods. Stock I don't believe that is possible.

Silver
    04 Cobra

Of course supercharged there not! I mean stock

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater
    Of course supercharged there not! I mean stock
    I didn't mean it as a knock on your comment, but he said he beat a very very rare cobra which had a Vortech supercharger. Know way a DOHC Cobra with Vortech isn't running low 12s/high 11s at only 8-10 psi.
    Last edited by Marc87GN; 01-16-2006 at 04:07 AM.

Sunset Orange metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

I have lid/Filter, cutout, MAF Sensor, Ported throttle body. He had a Vortech (8psi) with full exhaust and a tune. A lot of people are like no way not possible. We are going to race again this Friday and get it on film.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by SOMBV
    I have lid/Filter, cutout, MAF Sensor, Ported throttle body. He had a Vortech (8psi) with full exhaust and a tune. A lot of people are like no way not possible. We are going to race again this Friday and get it on film.
    There is a reason for that. Anythng is possible, but the probability of some things happening are remote at best. Make sure you get a good video of the car and under the hood before the race. Should be an interesting video.

NBM
    '00 Z28

I'm not going to say he's a liar. He could be telling the truth. I beat my friend's '01 GT running 6 pounds with a vortech and a full compliment of bolt ons. My '00 Z-28 M6 was completely stock with 92,000 miles on it.

To be honest though, he doesn't know how to drive it.

Sunset Orange metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

See I just thought the guy didnt know how to drive but he had a cam and heads T/A with nitrous before his cobra. All he had to say after that was man I miss my T/A. haha. But I will get the engine the interior everything to show its real. Trust me alot of people had a hard time Believing what they saw.

silver
    2000 Audi S4

Did the cobra have stock rear gears. I had a 95 with a m5 and switched the gears from the stock 2:73 to 3:73 and that was by far the biggest differnce of any of my mods. The 32v 4.6 in the cobras can make some good power but it usually comes higher in the rpm range. Sounds like it was a great race though!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

good kill dude, welcome to the board

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

Why was the guy who opened up his door and idiot? I mean...you were street racing. He wouldn't have been expecting you to be going so fast. Anyway, good kill.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SOMBV
    2000 m5 gt against a 3000gt vr4(14lbs boost). funny race vr4 eats him off the line by 3 cars and the stock gt comes back and passes him at the end of second
    thats what really surprises me, the vr-4s are known for their strength in second gear, once those turbos spool...unreal...but the launch isn't a surprise since they are AWD, their only disadvantage is they are kinda heavy.

Sunset Orange metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

The Cobra had 3:55s I believe.

And I said the guy that opened his door was an idiot because he was with everyone that was out there racing. **The road is in the middle of no where**

But yes Im going to get a vid up this weekend, guy wants to go from a roll also??

Dark Shadow Gray
    2003 Ford Mustang Cobra

I had a very similar setup on my 97 cobra as your buddy there I made 456 hp and surprised many ls1 owners. Tell your bud he needs a 4.10 gear at least. I turned in the 11s easy. I agree with Marc87GN either you got some mods you aint telling about. The DOHC heads flow very well, and they loves boost, plus you said he had a tune.

baconmach
    haha ..... ........03 cobra beats down an ls1.....bs is thrown everywhere......a near stock ls1 takes down, pretty easy too though....a 400rwhp cobra......and all say ohh nice

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by baconmach
    haha ..... ........03 cobra beats down an ls1.....bs is thrown everywhere......a near stock ls1 takes down, pretty easy too though....a 400rwhp cobra......and all say ohh nice
    when it comes from you, yes. i've gotten my butt handed to me a couple of times by my friends 03 cobra. and we both aren't near stock. him 11.2 and me 11.6 at the time. right now, we are both breaking alot trying to get to tens.

now, chill out and maybe people will stop picking on you. really, though, you need to move on. seeing as you only post in the kills section.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Sunset Orange metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

Yep I havent raced the cobra again yet to get a video, I burnt my clutch up and Now I have to wait for the new one. But I did find out the cobra did not have a tune just the FMU that comes with the vortech kit, So thats why that thing is so low on power

Thread Information