Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRX STi kill

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

WRX STi kill

So i'm on my way to work the other day enjoying the beautiful s. florida winter...LOL. Sorry had to throw that in there for all of you freezing your butts off. Anyhow, I see this STi come whipping around the corner trying to catch up to me. I pull up to a stop light and sure enough he gets in the lane next to me. I'm thinking "OK, this might be pretty good. They're kinda quick." Light turns green and we're off. First gear is pretty even, second gear, I start pulling him, third gear, I'm gone by like three or four lenghts. I don't even shift to fourth cause this dude isn't catching me now. I stick my finger out the window, index not middle, and give him a no-no sign. Well, he get behind me and follows me all the way to work. I'm thinking "great, now I"m gonna have to throw down because this dude thinks i flicked him off." But no. I get to work and jump out quick caust I don't want to get sucker punched or anything, but the guy is like "nice car". Then procedes to ask me, "are you running NOS?" I started laughing and told him no and that I'd pop the hood right there so he can check. I said, "I'm stock except a lid and k&n filter" Which is true. He's like "Damn, I had to shut it down in third because I overboosted trying to catch ya" Anyhow...long winded I know...I just thought it was hilarious. You beat someone so bad that think they have a quick car and then they assume you are running NOS. Oh them ricers...they'll never learn.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

HAHAHAHAHAHA... I love STi Drivers... They think that they are the kings of the road and get SO confused when we wipe our LS1 asses with them...

Oh Well... Nice Kill brotha!

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

I'm surprised you beat him from a dead stop.

Once you pull in front of them though, its over, they are not highway cars.

Great kill! Although I am a Suby man myself...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

"overboosted" aka missed a gear. good kill

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

That's what I was thinking that he missed a gear. I asked him if he'd like to run again, but he didn't want to. He knew he was owned...lol.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Nice kill. I do believe they are pretty quick from a dig w/ the awd so you were doing good to stay even w/ him from the start.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

They trap in the low 100s. That race would have been over at the 1/8th mile mark even if he got a great launch.

2000 Trans Am

I thought that sti wrx's were fast as shit! (that's what i heard) i raced a regular wrx not sti and owned him and the kid was like if i was in an sti I would have beat you. What are the differences? below is the mods i have done.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

Hey, below your post....Are those the mods you've done?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SS/CETA View Post
    Hey, below your post....Are those the mods you've done?
    yep

Midnight Blue
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Nice Kill and story, thanks for posting!

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I thought that sti wrx's were fast as shit! (that's what i heard) i raced a regular wrx not sti and owned him and the kid was like if i was in an sti I would have beat you. What are the differences? below is the mods i have done.
    If its an older WRX (02-05) the difference is huge. The WRX has a 2.0 liter rated at 227 horsepower, while the STI is a 2.5 liter rated at 300 horses, with a 6-speed gearbox. The regular WRX can even be an automatic, and those are 15-second cars--not impressive in the least. All STIs are 6-speeds, with better gearing, more torque, and loads more power than a regular WRX.

From a standstill, driven right, the STI can put down some serious 60-foot times, and can do 0-60mph in about 4.5 seconds.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Nice Kill man... had he launced it hard...he might've gave you a scare... he just probably couldn't drive!

and I love the look on their face when you say..."I only got an intake"... it just makes em soooo fkng ashamed of themselfs... and their car...!!!

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I think of the STi as more of an Auto-X car. They should not have the expectation of beating a near stock F-body at their own game.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    I think of the STi as more of an Auto-X car. They should not have the expectation of beating a near stock F-body at their own game.
    their real downfall is their top end... ofcourse they only dyno like 230awhp... stock... or something... so stock for stock... the ain't a match

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    I'm surprised you beat him from a dead stop.

Once you pull in front of them though, its over, they are not highway cars.

Great kill! Although I am a Suby man myself...

Click for full size
    That T/A is FINE!

...and the Sub is nice too, I guess...

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

02 WRX's can easily run low 14's.. Some one who doesn't know how to launch will run a 15.. My 02 is a dog without the launch but they aren't 1/4 mile cars. More for mud, snow, and sharp turns.. with enough power to make you smile. STI over priced.. If it cost less I would buy..

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by TransFan01 View Post
    02 WRX's can easily run low 14's.. Some one who doesn't know how to launch will run a 15.. My 02 is a dog without the launch but they aren't 1/4 mile cars. More for mud, snow, and sharp turns.. with enough power to make you smile. STI over priced.. If it cost less I would buy..
    What is the price difference? If you did all the mods yourself, it would cost more, I'm sure. Brakes, power, suspension, etc. Moves you up about 8mph in trap speeds, brembo brakes and a top competitor in SCCA T2 vs. a back-marker in T3...

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

I paid 12,000 for the wrx .. the for the 04 or 05 sti they wanted $26,000+.. I'm sure I could do more with much less... I paid 18,000 for my 01 ws6 in 2004.. I think the WS6 has them all beat

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by TransFan01 View Post
    from what i've seen at the track i go to most sti drivers don't launch nearly as hard as the need to to get a low 1/4, there were three sti's the last time i was there two '05s and an '04, the one 05 and the 04 were running high 13 low 14 with intakes and exhuast, while the other completely stock 05 was running 13.1's all day, it all comes down to if they have the balls (or money) not to worry about breaking their car. wow that was long.....

Thread Information