Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Wreck kill stories!!!

We all know that there's a ton of kill stories out there and I do love to read them but I'm looking for kill stories where you or the guy you were racing wreck or almost wreck.

Black
    99 SS

i was not racing but Dipherent design was and i was passanger, on a 3 lane expressway, we were going 100-120 racing this Eclipsh when he tried to go behind us since we were in the middle lane, he lost it at about 100-110 and did a 360 on a 3 lane expressway and then hit a solid concrete barrier, then we drove past on the other side and the whole expressway was shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Must have scared the shit out of them. Do you know if they were hurt?

liss87

ha stupid friend

my bf and I were racing him in his mach 1 and me in my trans am and then one of our other friends in his lt1 was trying to show off and passed us in the emergency lane while we were getting ready to start from a roll and lost it off the shoulder. He went down into the medium and came out on the other side of the highway. It was actually kind of funny and it didnt do too much damage to his car.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    Must have scared the shit out of them. Do you know if they were hurt?

i have no idea there was an ambulance

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Up until March of 01 I had a 95 Mustang Cobra with every available bolt on you could possibly buy and I was still getting my ass handed to me by the LS1’s, so I did what any other red blooded American would do “Jump ship”. Dumped the Stang and found myself a clean 98SS. After owning this thing for two weeks I thought I was invincible in this thing, so he’s my almost wreck story.

Left the house to go put some gas in the car for the first time, I got on to the highway and pulled up behind a 3000GT VR4, I see the kid look up in his rear mirror and get all excited looking behind at my hood. Light turns green and he pulls off doing like 3 miles an hour (It’s now that I find out that you have to be going over 20 to shift into 2nd or it dumps you in 4th . I put my foot back on the clutch and finally get it into 2nd, by now the prick in front of me has sped up to all of 15mph so I pull into the right lane and try and pass on the right and he nails it “Fucker” So I pull back in behind him and he slows down again.

As we approach the next light I’m still behind him and with cars in front of us and behind us I wasn’t sure what to do but wanted to spank his ass. So I lit the rear end up behind him and made all kinds of smoke and noise just to let him know I’m coming for you. He starts revving the engine and making hand gestures to go. (Why I’m choosing to race with a twin turbo all wheel drive car from behind is beyond me, guess I still thought I was invincible). So the light turns green and he sits there for a few seconds then launches it so I launch and try and keep up and just as I’m about to throw it in 2nd he stomps on the brakes and cuts into the right lane now I have to brake as to not run up the back of him. I pulled into the right lane where traffic had cleared out and played catch up but he probably had two car lengths on me. I gave it everything I had, change gear and put my foot to the floor . By the end of 4th I was at his back bumper I threw it in 5th and stomped it, this is where things got ugly. The little shit pulls in my lane with no warning damn this fucking kid. I swear there wasn’t an inch between us, at this point I let off the gas and thought it’s not worth risking my life, license & car to prove or not prove I could beat him. If this wasn’t bad enough he continued accelerating down the highway he was more interested in looking in his rear mirror seeing if I would try it again he didn’t see the red light or semi driving through the intersection (all I could think of was this kid is gonna die and everyone around us would point the finger at, me I started to panic) at the very last minute I see his brake lights go on and then a cloud of smoke. Don’t worry he didn’t hit the truck I don’t know how but he just didn’t) the cloud of smoke was him hitting dirt and gravel from the emergency lane. It took him both lanes and the left and right side emergency lanes to correct his steering. I stopped at this light which is where everyone from the last light caught up to me and started yelling “you just got your ass handed to you” At this point I didn’t care, I pulled a U turn and went home. Later on that season I ran into the same kid at a local car show (in upstate NY) found out that he was a son of a very wealthy family and this was his 2nd VR4 he wrecked the first one. He was with all his buddies talking shit so I just said okay lets go from a stop right now. Shut him up real quick. I know it’s not a wreck story but it was close enough for me…

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

whoa...are there cliff's notes for that last one?

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Awesome

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Well, a few years ago one of my buddies had gone from a 99 gt to a 2000 ws6(smart move). I had ridden in it with him a few times but he had not shown my little bro the car yet so we all jumped in to go for a strole down my county rode. He was talking about how easy the car is to drive(m6) compared to his 5 speed stang and was showing off. All of his tires were old and bald and we came around a 90 degree corner and he wanted to show off his shit and whip the back end around. He dropped the clutch doing like 10 in first and the thing unleashed-it went so crazy he tried to control it but it wasnt happening and we jumped the bar ditch and went thru a barb wire fence, it hit just right to cut his hood in half diagonallly and scratch up his rims. The kicker is he had not yet put insurance on it cause he had only had it for a few days!! He got rid of the car for some reason a few months later but to this day it still makes him sick.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    whoa...are there cliff's notes for that last one?
    I know it's long sorry. BTW

We all know that there's a ton of kill stories out there and I do love to read them but I'm looking for kill stories where you or the guy you were racing wreck or almost wreck.
    At dragway 42 a few years back. A old muscle car just ran down the track and blow some line. Took over an hour to clean it up. I was the next car in the staging area. Got out of the hole well, hit 2nd, 3rd, then 4th came around. I powershifted, started spinning, didndt stop spinning. My rearend swung out into the lane next to me scaring the shit out of the driver that he slammed on his brakes. I fucking turned white but was able to bring her around and coasted in.

I didnt race for the rest of the night, that was some freaky shit. The dude came up to my afterwards and he said he almost shit himself when he saw his rearend come around.
    324hp/333tq

Red
    1998 SS

i was racing a wustang once and we were going.......came around a turn and traffic was dead stopped.....we both stomped on brakes but we were just going to fast. i crashed onto the side walk, he went into the left turn lane tires fully screacing for a stop, but hit head on to the guy trying to make a left coming in other direction of us........

i wabled my car home, cause the front rim was cracked/bent, and tire blown......rode back on bike and car was torn up.....him and passanger had busted heads.......

learned two things.....dont race on streets
    and "momentum"..........
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

2 is better than 1!!! noblesramair's Avatar

sunset orange
    2002 pontiac trans am WS6

when i first got my 99 WS6 4 years ago i drove it to florida for a vacation and to show my cousin (he loves these cars also and i just go out of basic so i needed a vacation!!) well i had him myself and one of his friends in the back with a full tank of gas topped off and they tell me to do a burnout. I was at a stop sign needing to turn right so i was thinking with all this weight in it i really need to punch it (at the time not knowing how much power these cars have!) so i punch it and i do a 180 right into the ditch just nearly missing the stop sign and running into a fence in the ditch. Thankfully it didnt really do anything to the car but after that i knew this car really had balls and to be more carefull!

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

1st night I had my car on the road, I went to a friend's party and ended up takin' a few for a ride. It had been misting earlier then stopped and the road was barely wet, so I figured that it might be a good time to do a fewreal easy opening burnouts. I went and pulled a few, then on my last try, I hit a patch of road that was shielded by a tree and happened to be extremely dry. Anyways, I had the tires rolling really good when I hit it and they just caught and shot me straight towards a mailbox. I was barely able to stop before hitting it head on. Got lucky and missed it, so I decided that was enough for one night and parked the Camaro til morning.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I know it's long sorry. BTW
    thanks for teh shout-out, man!

these stories are scaring the shit out of me...i was hoping to hear how you guys put other people in ditches....WOW am i glad i had enough self-control when there were people in my car and i didn't 'show off" by dumpin' hard off the road. I feel bad for you guys. I mean, if i fucked up my car, i don't know what i would do, I know i'd be so upset! Becareful, friends...especially you guys who said "i didn't realize how powerful...." I know i sound like i'm berating all of you, really i'm just trying to convey my emotional attachment to all of the stories. Really, this is scary shit.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 11-03-2005 at 06:59 PM.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

The traction control button on these cars in the off position = dangerous, yet fun!! I tell ya man im still not totally used to my car having so much power and being rear wheel drive and all. This car never ceases to amaze me. Going from a fwd 140 hp taurus to a 300 hp rwd monster can take some getting used to! I turn the tcs off and just give it a little gas doing a turn and this thing does some violent fish tails. I especially like doing it when the tires are cold, those things light right up!

Black
    99 SS

yea i went form a 100hp front wheel corsica to a z28 with 300hp and now will be 400hp and i have no TC

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Nice...thats what im talkin' about! Hopefully ill get my t/a up there one day.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Geesh....just thinking back to high school, I had so many close calls (and tickets) with 100hp econoboxes, enough stories to put you to sleep with all the details. Back then I would have killed myself in a car as powerful as my WS6! Have to thank my parents for not letting me own those kinds of fast cars back then. Even after 15+ years of driving under my belt I show total respect for any car.

But one thing I learned quickly is not to drive a car with bald tires in the rain at twice the speed limit while trying to go around an off ramp!!!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

But one thing I learned quickly is not to drive a car with bald tires in the rain at twice the speed limit while trying to go around an off ramp!!! [/QUOTE]

Thread Information