2000 Corvette

Why try??? 'Cause it's fun!!!!

I have a bud that I love but he has no concept of fast cars. He has a 01 Maxima and at least it doesn't have the 4 cylinder in it but c'mon. He first wanted to take me car for car but after a modded turbo eclipse smoked him and I annihilated it he now is getting his car turbo'd.

The weeks have passed and he should have it next weekend, he wants to race heads up (props to that, no BS lengths here) for a tank of gas, that should be a good 50 bucks What do you think the outcome will be?

His best time on the G-tech I have is a 15.3 @ 90.7, now it is not calibrated for his car (hell, not even for my car) but it has to be within a few of that. He has a cold air intake and exhaust.

I have a 2000 Corvette, MN6 with cam, Stinger intake, LS6 manifold, LT headers with high flow cats. Best I have done is a 12.5 @ 114.2 with the G-tech (yeah I know, I want to see it at the track too).

He runs his mouth so hard but you gotta know the guy, its way more funny than annoying. Talking about whipping my butt when he was stock, now he think his turbo will give him the edge. Can't wait to walk on him. Thinks he can crank out 20 lbs of boost and run in the 9s

Anyway, this is going to be sweet, and the guy is hilarious. I bet I own him and I see a V8 in his future

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

you will OWN him, come on, a vette vs. a maxima?!! Not even a race, you'll show him up

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    you will OWN him, come on, a vette vs. a maxima?!! Not even a race, you'll show him up
    Sad thing is, he will race me and he thinks he will win.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Man he's in for a rude awakening!

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Hes getting his heart broken.

2000 Corvette

No update on the turbo yet

2000 Corvette

We are going to try and make it to San Antonio Raceway this weekend, he wants a before and after with his turbo and dude wants to pay my way and gas for me to run (how can I refuse, maybe get him to throw in some tires ). Maybe I can do that and then put on the Vararam and see what gains I get.

what an idiot, you should let him win the first run then tell him youll try again for double and smoke his ass. he deserves it

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Please get it on vid and share it hear. Cant wait to laugh.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

I had a maxima for my 1st car... some of those guys are nuts. Dead out convinced it's a true 4 door sports car. Yeah, one of the kings of the grocery getters but it's not a sports car. It doesn't compete against those, and that's cool because it wasn't designed to. It's right there with the v6 accords, camrys, and such. Beating a V6 joke stang or camaro is an accomplishment. It's sad. If I were you man, I'd try to save him some money and grief by telling him to forget the turbo and put it on a down payment a muscle or sports car. It's a waste to try and make a family car into a sports car. Some mopeds are pretty fast for mopeds, but it's dumb to try to make a vespa into a gsxr. An LT1 should be affordable, and if not that, a 5.0 stang if he can stand the looks. They've both got way better modding potential than the Max and an aftermarket to make real speed. Don't know if he'll listen tho.
    Last edited by shadegray; 07-07-2006 at 07:17 PM.

2000 Corvette

He won't listen until I whoop him, maybe. (Maybe on the listen, not the whoopin'!!)

Didn't make it to SA raceway by the way. Yet.....

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by shadegray View Post
    ... If I were you man, I'd try to save him some money and grief by telling him to forget the turbo and put it on a down payment a muscle or sports car. It's a waste to try and make a family car into a sports car. Some mopeds are pretty fast for mopeds, but it's dumb to try to make a vespa into a gsxr. An LT1 should be affordable, and if not that, a 5.0 stang if he can stand the looks. They've both got way better modding potential than the Max and an aftermarket to make real speed. Don't know if he'll listen tho.
    I have tried, but he is really convinced that this car is THE sports car to have. Turbo finally came in, but no install yet.

2000 Corvette

We raced last night minus his turbo. He killed me in one but I started that one out in third and almost stalled the car . I raped him when we ran flat out and it was almost as bad in the 2nd gear start except for the first 60' where he got a good jump (not into tearing up my tires for this particular car).

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Ouch. My maxima runs high 14's.

2000 Corvette

Nice, whatcha got done to it?

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Its bone stock. V6 265hp. Same engine as the 350z. The only aftermarket on it are the 20's. This is my wifes daily driver by the way. Here is a pic of my old 350z before i traded it for the evo.

White
    09 G8 GT

I have an 01 maxima, stock with the 3.0 5 speed its MAYBE 14.9 with a good driver, daily 15.1-15.5, its def. not a racecar thats for sure and it sucks when people think they are. However the 3.5 with 6 speed definetly gives pre-05 4.6 mustangs a run for their money. I can hang within a car of 97-98 GT's. an 02-03 with maybe intake, y-pipe, headers and a tune can probly break the 13 second mark. Their still v6's and family sedans but can be made semi-quick, its the same premise as putting a pulley and exhaust and other bolt-ons on a GTP youll get around 300-310 HP

2000 Corvette

Maxima has a broken tranny But, there is light at the end of the tunnel!! He is considering a Camaro SS that is set up already for the 1/4. I really want him to get it so that he can back up what he talks!!!! Then we can RACE!!!!

my moms got a new maxima and i finally got to drive it about a week ago. it runs pretty decent but not what id expected. the torque steer is ridiculous, almost hard to keep on the road when it was floored. ive always heard of it but never experienced it until that car, im guessing thats what it was doing

2000 Corvette

Update, Maxima should be ready this weekend, turbo'd and all, I say at least 2 more weeks but I guess we'll see. I see a free tank of gas in my future, to bad gas prices are down

Thread Information