Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Why is it so hard to get a mustang to race?

Any one Know why mustang owners are so scared?

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Not to mention a guy in my neighborhood with a damn civic swears it faster than my ws6. How much mods and money would go into a civic just to get it to hang?

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Curry
    Any one Know why mustang owners are so scared?
    You wouldn't have that problem on the east coast.

maroon
    2001 Z28

It's not so much that they are scared, they may have just learner thier lesson already, just remember, there is always someone faster and one day he might be in a stang.

maroon
    2001 Z28

depends what kinda civic he has?? Most run 17's stock, so to chop off 4 full seconds to match your stock times, he would have to have a bad ass turbo and all the supporting crap( intercooler, intake, cam(s), tuning, etc....) IMO, he would be spending 7-8k on parts and another 1-2k on labor unless he does it himself, in which case it will run like crap most likely cause 99% of ricer fags can't even change their oil much less take a engine apart and put it back together.

most mustang owners I know do not street race and or will only race for cash.
    324hp/333tq

silver
    1999 Trans Am

Because they are all a bunck of fucking fags, goddamnit thats why!

J/K....in fact Mustangs sound so sweeeet...I wish my LS1 could sound like those MOFOs!! LOL!

redls1bird
    it doesnt take 7-8 grand to get a civic down to good times. it just takes research and patience. Just like a guy i worked with had a civic hatchback, (excuse my ignorance of import terms..) fully gutted, jdm gsr spec head, turbo (intercooled) pieced together by him, not a kit, "stand alone" fuel management, upgraded fuel pump and injectors and some other odds and ends. on mt drags (on the front of course, looked silly as hell) he could bust into the 11.90's (at about 28 psi if i remember correctly) all on a budget of 3500-4000 dollars, not including the car. on street trim with pump gas he would run in the neighborhood 15-20 psi and run high 12s and low 13's, on street tires. not too shabby for a "ricer"

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by redls1bird
    it doesnt take 7-8 grand to get a civic down to good times. it just takes research and patience. Just like a guy i worked with had a civic hatchback, (excuse my ignorance of import terms..) fully gutted, jdm gsr spec head, turbo (intercooled) pieced together by him, not a kit, "stand alone" fuel management, upgraded fuel pump and injectors and some other odds and ends. on mt drags (on the front of course, looked silly as hell) he could bust into the 11.90's (at about 28 psi if i remember correctly) all on a budget of 3500-4000 dollars, not including the car. on street trim with pump gas he would run in the neighborhood 15-20 psi and run high 12s and low 13's, on street tires. not too shabby for a "ricer"

Its not a ricer if they are actually a car guy/girl and the car is built well, gotta give respect when they earn it.

white1
    Cause they are slow I have a 2000 RC Z-71, and for teh most part, most mustangs around here cant hang. Cammed, exhaust, geared etc. We have a Bullit in the car club, but he always has traction issues IE cant drive They all catch me on the big end, but in the 1/4 they arent too much. We do have some Im scared of though, they arent all slow, but I guess if I sprayed my truck like they spray their cars it might be different

Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

amen

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by Marc87GN
    You wouldn't have that problem on the east coast.
    Hell that is all I get to race is Mustangs. I want to race something else.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

prolly a lot of V6's also, there ar a lot of tool-bags out there who said " i wanna sports car, this is pretty" and don't know what it means when an fbod comes up next to them and revs it.

Black
    99 SS

no mustangs will race me it seems like no matter what

I have noticed 2 things with most mustang drivers around here. The ones that sound nice and actually have power are driven by adults who are smart enough not to race on the street anymore. The rest are either women, young punks who are out driving daddy's car and can't race or they loose priveleges, or V6's that know they can't run with an LS1.

Call me crazy but there aren't many young kids with the cajones and the bucks to be able to race.

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

yeah

BAMF
    I've had some kid in a '99 stang want to race me so he could see how far he had to go to run with a LS1, I told him to back up to the end of the block

rickyhaiber

??????

you all think your shit doesnt stink...but i'd race any of you in my '94 cobra with a T76 on it....ill even turn the boost down to 10psi for ya, and youll be wondering why you bought such an ugly car and got your ass smoked..haha jk...but i would probley beat most of you...so you all havent run into the right ones yet, keep lookin'

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhaiber
    you all think your shit doesnt stink...but i'd race any of you in my '94 cobra with a T76 on it....ill even turn the boost down to 10psi for ya, and youll be wondering why you bought such an ugly car and got your ass smoked..haha jk...but i would probley beat most of you...so you all havent run into the right ones yet, keep lookin'
    What a losing poser! No Ford boards out there so you have to read a GM board and try to bait us? You wouldn't be worth wasting my gas on. Go get a life and play with the little boys with their little toys. You can mod any car, but a STOCK LS1 will blow away a STOCK 5 liter Mustang anytime! I guess you didn't know any better or didn't have enough money so you bought a Ford instead......

rickyhaiber
    well theres a million motors that will beat an LS1 stock...so whats your point? which would mean that it wasnt worth buying your ugly ass car? just b/c something was faster stock? oooookay, great points you fvcking dumbass!
    get over it LS1s are old, chevy has made so many motors that beat it now and what about all the new SRT-8s? they would fuck your shit up, man....so get over the fact you paid so much for an ugly car

Thread Information