Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Why do 3000gt's try?

I was just driving home cause I got off work late. up a head there's a red light with some car stopped in the left lane, nothing in the right. it turns green a sec before I get there so I roll through. This red 3000gt gets P.O.ed and takes off after me. He gets next to me and starts revving his engine. this highschooler has his windows down and he's yelling that "I'm not so fast". my ws6 ain't far from stock, but this guy is just funny. He's so mad he's swerving.

Here I was just cruising with my window down, trying to get home. I started laughing at him and that got him even madder. Finally I got on it and left him trying to catch up. At the next light I was waiting for him, and he pulls up and makes a left turn with his windows up. what makes people's heads inflate about these old 3000gt's?

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    I was just driving home cause I got off work late. up a head there's a red light with some car stopped in the left lane, nothing in the right. it turns green a sec before I get there so I roll through. This red 3000gt gets P.O.ed and takes off after me. He gets next to me and starts revving his engine. this highschooler has his windows down and he's yelling that "I'm not so fast". my ws6 ain't far from stock, but this guy is just funny. He's so mad he's swerving.

Here I was just cruising with my window down, trying to get home. I started laughing at him and that got him even madder. Finally I got on it and left him trying to catch up. At the next light I was waiting for him, and he pulls up and makes a left turn with his windows up. what makes people's heads inflate about these old 3000gt's?
    they have small weeners.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

You Can Make Them Fast.....but You Can Make Anything Fast If You Put Enough Money To It. I Dont Get It ..small Penis Syndrom I Guess
    1998 Trans Am Vert, M6, Soon to be full of goodies......

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

ok heres the deal, theres a guy at school whos brotherinlaw has a VR4 3000gt, pretty much stock, these things are twin turbos and putting out around 300hp off a v6......he thinks since its AWD, and light, that id get raped........what do you guys think?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

^^^^^thread hijacking.

it must have been an sl instead of a vr4. good kill tho

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The 3000Gt is not light at all infact they are heavier than our cars.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

A modded LS1 shouldn't have too much trouble with a stock VR4 and it should obliterate a SL. That being said, I'd be cautious if you see one with a ton of mods and can hear the BOV pretty clearly...it doesn't take too much to squeeze big numbers out of the twin turbo cars!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You can make the same hp with a twin turbo as a single turbo first off so dont let twin turbo frighten you. A stock ls1 vs a stock vr4 the ls1 will win. They generally run 14.2 a good driver can get high 13s but there not that fast. Twin turbo is better from a dig though, but i stayed side by side with my two friedns vr4s with my lt1 i only had exhaust and with my ls1 i beat them by about 3 or 4 cars.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Nice showing off! I heard those cars (VR4's & SL's) break easily w/ small MODs.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

They do break often.

Red
    '99 Firebird Trans Am WS6

They may break easily, but they are just so damn sexy for an import car! I actually thought about buying one when I was looking for a car, but then I saw my baby and thought, "What the hell was I thinkin?". A stock LS1 puts out 320 HP and about 340 ft/lbs of torque, a twin turbo'd VR4 puts out 320 HP and about 290 ft/lbs of torque if I remember correctly; so in my mind the potential of an LS1 is enormous compared to a VR4.

Now for a road course I would have to take the VR4, you just can't beat AWD with that kind of power.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    They do break often.
    Of course they break often there Mitsubishi's....

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Nero.Jacinth View Post
    They may break easily, but they are just so damn sexy for an import car! I actually thought about buying one when I was looking for a car..........
    I think you just might have upset the muscle car Gods with that comment....

.....I would retract that comment before the Gods strike your LS1 impotent of Horsepower and Torque and make you loose to a stock 95HP Kia

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

no doubt, they look pretty good. I had this girl in highschool that would give...lip service. to anyone who had one cause she liked them so much...I was always asking to borrow one.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

vr4s weigh upwards of 3700 pounds. they are not light. they do suck though.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Too make those cars fast, doesnt take too much work, but the motors will break under the power, too make them fast and reliable thats a different story. If you put a decent amount of boost the will break within a year. Just about ever time, other than that get everything balanced and forged would take about 4-6 grand just on supporting parts. Unless you have alot of money to start with the cars are just money pits.

They are junk. Theyre heavy, not that fast stock, and unreliable. No one should be cocky in one. If youre lucky enough to get one in good condition and you take care of it and mod it properly it can be nasty, but youll probably never see one like that on the street. Most are beat up, not modded much and have ass clown drivers like mentioned above.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    They are junk. Theyre heavy, not that fast stock, and unreliable. No one should be cocky in one. If youre lucky enough to get one in good condition and you take care of it and mod it properly it can be nasty, but youll probably never see one like that on the street. Most are beat up, not modded much and have ass clown drivers like mentioned above.

Fountain of Useless Info JonintheRedZ28's Avatar

"Arest Me" Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Yeah, you just have to find the right import owners (the ones who realize that most V8s>most four cylinders) I knew a kid once that kept insisting his Civic Del Sol would walk my LS1. He based this claim on his "modded" engine (air filter, paper jutting out in open air in the engine bay, and a strut bar) and my V8 being "ridiculously heavy." I told him if he ever wanted to prove it, I'd pay his tech fee to the dragstrip. He stopped talking to me after that.
    Good kill!

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Holy god, never change your avatar. I miss those thongs so much. I like how its wider than a string, thereby spreading the ass cheeks ever so slightly.

Anyway..<ahem>

My DSM buddy said some asshole made something that prevents the trans axle from breaking now, so we might see some fast vr4s on the road soon, since their resale values suck.

Thread Information