Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Red
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

When are the Mustang boys going to learn?

I have owned 3 of them but I eventually got tired of loosing to LS1 cars, so I got smart and got one. Today after leaving work a 93 white LX 5.0 came up beside me on base and reved his motor and got on the throttle just enough to pass me but the speed limit is only 35 there. But I stayed behind him until we both turned out on the highway so that I could show this punk a lesson. The exit of the base is a single lane access that yields to oncoming traffic and I was behind him. He quickly got over into the middle lane, and with no traffic at all was my grand oportunity I stayed in the right lane and nailed it praying that I would have traction, it was a beautiful sight you could hear that weak 5.0 gasping for every last breath as I easily shot past him. He wasnt so bd now as he thought he was. I am just so sick and tired of those pieces, they are just all bark and no bite. His 205 flywheel HP vs my 302 RWHP. I am so happy for the decision that I made to convert over to the good side. Now all I can do is roll my eyes at the youngsters that still think that their little ponies can hang. Even the '05 - '07 models...
    Last edited by jre99z28; 01-22-2007 at 08:49 PM.
    1999 Red Camaro Z-28: Intake lid (unknown brand); Modified lower intake box; K&N filter; Flowmaster catback.
    302.58 RWHP @ 5350 RPM
    314.65 RWTQ @ 4150 RPM
    100.33 deg. F at 20% humidity
    Barometer at 30.23 in-Hg

June 30 2006 Dyno Run

ohh those ford guys never learn .
    324hp/333tq

Blue
    04 Mach 1

damn ford boys!!!!!!

Red

Mach 1 guy

Is that 316 hp guestimated or do you the dyno sheet to back it up?

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by jre99z28 View Post
    OH SNAP!

When are the Mustang boys going to learn?
    I'll never learn...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Dude, I know you are new to the forum, so let me clue you in. Those two guys (Mach1Mustang and Angus66) are respectable and have smooth ass, fast Mach1's. You would do well to put at least a cam with ALL the bolt-ons in order to run with them, maybe some gears too.

Nice kill. Those fox mustangs can be tricky to race, some, well most, are slower than your 99 Z28 (I got one, cool ain't it). But I know a couple street fox's off the top of my head that run low 11's. Street cars, and stock looking, except for maybe rims.

What kind of fox did you have? What were the mods before you sold it?

Oh yeah, that flowmaster is a power-robbing piece of junk, there are much better cat-backs out there. The Hooker AeroChamber and Magnaflow are worth looking into.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Dude, I know you are new to the forum, so let me clue you in. Those two guys (Mach1Mustang and Angus66) are respectable and have smooth ass, fast Mach1's.
    Maby new to this forum on LS1.com but used forums like it before, Used Corral.net for probably 5 years. I wasnt trying to call the guy a liar about the 316HP, I would like to see a dyno sheet though, I wasnt going to claim any HP numbers on my profile without posting a dyno sheet, and in case no one noticed there is a link on my signature to see my dyno sheet. What I Will never like about Mustangs though is all of the mods you have to do to finally make some real HP Look at his list for an example, I have the usual cheap mods and make 3 less HP "at the wheels" than was advertized for the motor in 1999, thats why I got out of the mustangs and into a real car.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    What kind of fox did you have? What were the mods before you sold it?

Oh yeah, that flowmaster is a power-robbing piece of junk, there are much better cat-backs out there. The Hooker AeroChamber and Magnaflow are worth looking into.
    Oh yeah about the rest... I didnt have a Fox, sure would have been better than what I did have though I had a 95 GT and a 97 GT and a 01 GT. The 95 was stock except for Flowmasters and was kinda quick (but just kinda) and the 97 was a straight pig, I had MAC cold air intake BBK 70mm TB, modified MAF meter, BBK O/R x pipe and Flowmaster American Thunder Catback. It was an automatic and I couldnt spin the tires on a wet road covered in 30 weight oil, it was pathetic. Finally the 01 was stock except for K&N Filter and Magnaflow mufflers, it was much faster than the other two and I would still have it and it would be paid off if it would have not been for hurricane Katrina. I know the Machs are different but when it came tome for another car I couldnt justify spending that much more money on a car that is no faster than a used F-body that is less than half the price. Besides was sick of gettin beat by LS1 cars.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Well, welcome to the darkside Luke. Those Foxbodies are the sketchiest cars I've ever raced, you don't know if they're stockers or have a 500hp twin turbo or whatever else under there.

Grey
    87 T-Top

You never know about camaro's either. The best race I have had was against a 2000 SS that had some motor work and a small amount of spray, he said he was spraying 125. It was a good race and it sounded like his car was going to eat the pavement. My foxbody looks kinda stock and is quiet, but it puts down 480 to the tires on 10 psi, but it hooks really well. There is always something faster on the road. Good kill!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

most fox's i see round here just have intake exhaust and gears and everyone thinks they are badass because they sound wicked.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    most fox's i see round here just have intake exhaust and gears and everyone thinks they are badass because they sound wicked.
    Agreed!!! I know that there are some bad a**'s out there but they arent as common as some think.

silver
    2002 Mustang GT

all and all good kill and way to put those mustang boys in there place

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

We have a lot more mustang owners around here than what I thought.
    I welcome all cars to LS1.com.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    We have a lot more mustang owners around here than what I thought.
    I welcome all cars to LS1.com.
    This is true, it is america and we all drive american cars but I am dissapointed that more Mustang drivers have posted to this thread than have LS1 car drivers. Are all of the LS1 guys over at Corral.net or something?

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Maby new to this forum on LS1.com but used forums like it before, Used Corral.net for probably 5 years. I wasnt trying to call the guy a liar about the 316HP, I would like to see a dyno sheet though, I wasnt going to claim any HP numbers on my profile without posting a dyno sheet, and in case no one noticed there is a link on my signature to see my dyno sheet. What I Will never like about Mustangs though is all of the mods you have to do to finally make some real HP Look at his list for an example, I have the usual cheap mods and make 3 less HP "at the wheels" than was advertized for the motor in 1999
    Although they are important, dyno numbers aren't everything.

Care to guess what kind of ET/MPH this dyno sheet runs???

A better question would be - what does YOUR car run in the 1/4???

thats why I got out of the mustangs and into a real car.
    I see you've still got a LOT to learn...

Blue
    04 Mach 1

no i dont have any new dyno graphs. i do have a few time slips though!!!!!12.5@110!!! cutting only 1.8x 60's. if i can get one to clearly show up i will post them. the 316 hp is not a guess. its dyno proven, so is the 340 ftlbs of tq. not that dyno numbers mean much at all.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

also, like i said 1 post ago, dyno numbers are helpful when it comes to seeing if a mod has helped your car, not in comparing your car to someone elses.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information