Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what's your BEST kill story?

Mine's pretty simple. Rolled a ricer on the highway, looked in the rearview and saw his g/f motioning to him to get back up beside me. When they did she looked over at me, smiled, winked and flashed me for a good long view. I don't think her bf knew what she was going to do since he had the look of pure dismay on his face. that by far is the "kill" I remember the most.

Artic White
    99 SS

i once killed a rabbit that ran in front of me and under my tire... best i can do for now

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Raced a V6 mustang that thought he was all bad ass, he had an intake and a 100 shot of nos....bus lengths lol

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Final round of eliminations at the NMRA race in Kansas City, June 2004. Though it didn't officially happen until two races later, that pretty much sewed up the F/S championship, and put the former champion - whom I raced in the final - pretty much permanently into 2nd place.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

The Video of my friend's 94 5.0L bone stock and f*cked up Auto... against my car in bone stock form...

it's in my signature!...
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Funniest race was the little crapper neon that I beat in my beater daytona.

Best race against something that I drooled over was a 70 split bumper Camaro with a 454 from a 65 punch, followed by a 70 Nova with a 454 from a dig (70 nova+ 454 + peg leg = LOOOTS of one wheel tire smoke).

2 most gratifying races were the kid in the SC cobalt thinking he was a bad ass and the kid in the mazda MX something that I beat both by several busses.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

i smoked a M3 and he was going on and on about he didnt hook and blah blah blah.
    i say lets go again, really smoke him the second time and later i learn her blew his motor, lol, his 9k self kill
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Around town a guy owned a 98 vert C5 with an MTI 427/auto. He looked to be 60 or so but damn does he like to race. He will chase you down, make a u-turn, what ever it takes. He had a sticker on his car made that said "Cobras for snacks and Vipers for lunch."

We crossed paths one day and I gave a rev as he came up from behind to let him know I wanted to play. We headed to the beltway feeder so we'd have some room. He got beside me in second and we both punched it. I just had my car tuned a few days earlier with the 200 shot and this was my first try on the street. I was pulling on him but in forth gear there was a loud bang. My fuel puddled and blew my intake to pieces, lol. The guy was actually cool enough to follow me home(10miles) to make sure I didn't crap out along the way.
    Last edited by LS2 KLR; 08-04-2007 at 03:10 PM.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

i once killed a rabbit that ran in front of me and under my tire... best i can do for now
    That's hilarious!!!

I almost ran over a stock Z28 once, no room to pass and he hit it first, good time and he was pretty cool about it.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Either would have to be the win against the
    LS2 GTO (automatic in the 1/8 mile) -- or the win against a Mustang Shelby GT (Not GT500) 1/8 mile race as well.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

What kinda lights you cut on that tree Bob? I can't seem to get mine below a .130.

I don't have any real good memory kills. Not that much street racin... Probably a SS I killed at the track. Dude slept on the tree and spun. Only ran like a 13.9 to my 14.3 or so.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

That's a 4 tenths Pro tree, and I guess my average light was right around a .100. I blame it on having to use DRs (vice slicks). I know its not my age or anything.

Bob

Black
    01 Camaro SS

4 tenths, what a weird light..... I don't know how to get your lights below .100, regardless of light, w/out guessing. I think you have to guess to get that low.

On the kill side, I saw a new Cobra today and was thinking about this thread. It was a older lady drivin it though w/ new tags still on it. Probably wouldn't have wanted to play anyway though. I think I would have had it in the bag though since I'm runnin around on slicks and the car is good for a low 13. That would have been sweet!!!

Black
    2006 Trailblazer SS

Ran a 2002 Maro SS 6 Speed from a 15 MPH Roll, I had a Full tank of Gas and a 200lbs Passenger. He was a good sport he gave me the look and it was on, the truck had full heat soak 45 minutes of driving in 80+ degree weather. We ran up to about 90mph and i had half a car on him. My Buddy didnt help the situation as we were both hungover and he looks over at the guy points at at him and starts laughing. Its not fair really because If I loose i say I lost to a Camaro SS but if he looses he lost to a TRUCK! OUCH!

a few nights ago, I believe Saturday nite, smoked a Cobra 03-04 all loud and stuff, exhaust, headers and pulley at least, he hanged with me for 2-3 sec then left him upto 120mi or so I put 6-7 cars in between. he must have been at 450rwhp or so... there was traffic closing in my lane, his lane was wide open so I switched to his lane when I was about 5 cars in front of him... another memorable one, a few months back, is a full exhaust modded c6 z06 kill where he was hanging on my wing pretty much all the time.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

this kid i went to high school with, he started driving his modded 88 5.0 when he was a freshman, i was an late bloomer and got my license as a junior and he always made fun of my old 74 c/10 long bed. it was built up but the worn out th400 wouldn't hang. after i graduated i got my z and he was still talking shit all the time about my camaro. finally he decided he thought he would race me, (all the other times i called him out he had an excuse) well i put like 3 cars on him in a short race from a 35 roll. he shut up after that lol

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    4 tenths, what a weird light..... I don't know how to get your lights below .100, regardless of light, w/out guessing. I think you have to guess to get that low.
    That's why they call it "reaction time".

Seriously, a 4 tenths pro tree is very common in heads-up racing. A quick reacting car combined with a quick reacting driver can be quite deadly with a pro tree. For me.....I'm not the quickest at reacting, and DRs don't react as well as slicks, so my times were, at best, so-so.

Bob

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Reaction times are rarely below .200 though. I've taught a couple people how to cut a "slow" tree light. They'd keep cuttin .5XX and I'm like WTH are you doin. They say they're goin on green. I'm like nah, you gotta go when the third yellow lights up!!! They're the only lights I can be nasty on. I cut a .019 in my final the other week but managed to run a 13.883 on a 13.89 dial

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Watch that video again....on a Pro Tree, all three yellows light up at once. As soon as you see the flash of yellows, the clutch is dumped and the pedal is mashed.

Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers (especially) routinely cut low .0xx lights on a Pro Tree.

I'm slow.

Bob

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Watch that video again....on a Pro Tree, all three yellows light up at once. As soon as you see the flash of yellows, the clutch is dumped and the pedal is mashed.

Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers (especially) routinely cut low .0xx lights on a Pro Tree.

I'm slow.

Bob
    I know, where'd I confuse you? We routinely run the Protree just for fun in heads up racing. I've just never cut below a .130 on a Protree.

Its a lot easier to run a bike on a pro tree then a car. Extremely easy to cut lights on a bike.... Don't know why.

Thread Information