Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

What do flashers mean?

Some of you street racers educate me:

What does it mean when a car passes you on the Interstate at about 130, you catch up with him, but only match his speed (now 145) and don't try to pass, then he puts on his FLASHERS?

What do the flashers mean? Anything?

I'm serious.

BLK
    97GTP

Flashers mean you won the race, typically used by ricers and younger cocky kids.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Nis View Post
    Flashers mean you won the race, typically used by ricers and younger cocky kids.
    Really? He means I won?

All I wanted him to do was slow the hell down.

Thanks for the intel. I really didn't know.

BLK
    97GTP

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Really? He means I won?

All I wanted him to do was slow the hell down.

Thanks for the intel. I really didn't know.
    Nope, the car with the flashers on is the one that won the race.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Nis View Post
    Nope, the car with the flashers on is the one that won the race.
    Well, that settles it. He's an idiot. I guess he thinks passing a bunch of cars doing 65-70 at 130 is a "race".

What a tool!!! Good call too. It was an import and a young kid. I was very close to ruining his "win" for him. He obviously ran out of air at about 140-145, but he continued driving like that when traffic was way too thick for such a stunt. That's the kind of idiot who will kill someone. I just wish I could have had someone pull him. I couldn't, so I just watched him continue on.

Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by jad628; 12-05-2007 at 06:05 AM.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Yeah, he slept well that night thinking he just spanked a hugger orange LS1. Too bad.

I will take care of him for ya.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Yeah, he slept well that night thinking he just spanked a hugger orange LS1. Too bad.

I will take care of him for ya.
    I don't doubt it. What a retard. You know I can understand the thrill of street racing, but for this numbnuts to drive like that even when traffic gets heavy is completely without reason. Add to that he wasn't even racing anyone, just driving like someone who wants to share a cell with Bubba!!

White Infiniti. Please hand him his ass.
    Last edited by jad628; 12-05-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I have had flashers. I was sitting stuck in traffic in the left lane because I had to turn and a ricer came up in the right lane, slowed down and got right beside me. He then "sped off" and put his flashers on. I'll bet that made him feel real good.

I don't know how you guys get your cars up to such high speeds like it's nothing. When I owned my WS6 I never even came close to 145MPH. But then again, I don't really have any open roads here in New Jersey. All the roads/highways around here are usually in need of repair and loaded with traffic.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

When my car's tensioner belt slipped off and I was on the side of the road a civic blew by me with his flashers on. I purposely made sure i remembered what it looked like. Red 4 door civic with a red spoiler and a mexican flag on the back window. Hell is going to reign down on them when I see them again.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

what's trully anoying is when you win...and slow down and they have the flashers on from way back there... and they don't really pass you... but they clain victory...it's worst the a ricer flyby...

it's also anoying when someone does it to you and then refuses to race you for real... that kinda stuff just grinds my grears so badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    I have had flashers. I was sitting stuck in traffic in the left lane because I had to turn and a ricer came up in the right lane, slowed down and got right beside me. He then "sped off" and put his flashers on. I'll bet that made him feel real good.

I don't know how you guys get your cars up to such high speeds like it's nothing. When I owned my WS6 I never even came close to 145MPH. But then again, I don't really have any open roads here in New Jersey. All the roads/highways around here are usually in need of repair and loaded with traffic.
    \
    lol I'm from N.J.
    Take 22 west into newark at 140 mph right after winter. fn snap the rims off your car. Besides in NJ the only open road in the GSP and that is loaded w cops. Out here in Cali there are no issues like that.

I got cut off by an integra and the guy put his flashers on, holy hell !, WTF !

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post

I haven't ever has this car that fast before. I was actually just trying to pace him. He hit 140-142 and that was all he had. I could have passed him and made him feel puny, but that was not what I wanted to do at all. Anyway, traffic ahead started to build and I was NOT gonna drive like that. Dingleberry was going across four lanes at times and once almost lost it in the far right lane. Once I had a good pace on him I slowed back down to the speed limit. I was very close to getting SHP after him, but my exit was coming up and it looked like he finally slowed down to about 85-90 (which is very common around here at 10:30 pm - or any other time of day when traffic isn't backed up).

I just let it go, but I hope to see him again.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    \
    lol I'm from N.J.
    Take 22 west into newark at 140 mph right after winter. fn snap the rims off your car. Besides in NJ the only open road in the GSP and that is loaded w cops. Out here in Cali there are no issues like that.
    I usually take the AC express way at like 1am and stay at around 100-120 with no problems. This summer Im gonna get a radar detector so itll be better but the roads are nice and i usually get some good runs with people. Last year I was runnin with a guy in a SL Supercharged V8 Kompressor running 500hp. That was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    I usually take the AC express way at like 1am and stay at around 100-120 with no problems. This summer Im gonna get a radar detector so itll be better but the roads are nice and i usually get some good runs with people. Last year I was runnin with a guy in a SL Supercharged V8 Kompressor running 500hp. That was fun!
    fuzz busters do you no good when your traveling that fast..
    well actually they let you know when your fucked and gives you a heads up to decide to either pull over or step on it.....

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I haven't ever has this car that fast before. I was actually just trying to pace him. He hit 140-142 and that was all he had. I could have passed him and made him feel puny, but that was not what I wanted to do at all. Anyway, traffic ahead started to build and I was NOT gonna drive like that. Dingleberry was going across four lanes at times and once almost lost it in the far right lane. Once I had a good pace on him I slowed back down to the speed limit. I was very close to getting SHP after him, but my exit was coming up and it looked like he finally slowed down to about 85-90 (which is very common around here at 10:30 pm - or any other time of day when traffic isn't backed up).

I just let it go, but I hope to see him again.
    pacing him at those speeds is a pretty bad idea. if something did happen to him and he crashed, even if it were down the road, if just one person witnessed you pacing, you can be sure they would say you were "racing." You'd be assed out.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

You got his plate didn't ya Jad? Maybe you can show him your flashers and give him a .

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    \
    lol I'm from N.J.
    I grew up in Roxbury. Pretty much NW Jersey right off route 80. Iv'e messed around on 80 before. I think Iv'e had the Regal going the fastest Iv'e ever gone but I can't really tell because the speedometer only goes to 85.Lol.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Well, that settles it. He's an idiot. I guess he thinks passing a bunch of cars doing 65-70 at 130 is a "race".

What a tool!!! Good call too. It was an import and a young kid. I was very close to ruining his "win" for him. He obviously ran out of air at about 140-145, but he continued driving like that when traffic was way too thick for such a stunt. That's the kind of idiot who will kill someone. I just wish I could have had someone pull him. I couldn't, so I just watched him continue on.

Thanks again for the info.
    off duty citizenes arrest john...

Red
    2001 ws6

flashers can mean many things, depending on the person, usually just means good race like if some1 is turning off theyll throw em on and then the other person might give em a quick high beam flash, each person is different

Thread Information