Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

VIDEO: Vette vs. DSM

I know this could be in the vette forum, but I thought I should share with everyone. This is one of my favorite videos of a vette killing a racer. (notice I didn't say rice, 'cause ricers are usually punks w/ fartcans that can't do shit) Pretty old and may be a repost, but reviving a classic! ENJOY!

http://media.putfile.com/Sweet-Linge...hips-an-Eagle-

Favorite quote from the clip:
    "I think he's scared... <insert sound of ownage> O SHIT! DAMN! HOLY SHIT!"

NBM
    '00 Z28

That's hillarious. I guess that would be a little humbling.

2001 Ls1
    I don't even have to watch the vid to know which one it is.

Its nice to see guys being cool about cars though instead of lame excuses or trash talk.

Though its not a ligenfelter but a doug rippie vette. Either way it hauls.

The Rookie
    That was hilarious! I was cracking up. That line was a good one, " I think he is scared.." I think not! how much Horsepower is that vette running?

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    That was hilarious! I was cracking up. That line was a good one, " I think he is scared.." I think not! how much Horsepower is that vette running?
    I have no idea... lol. One of my friends gave it to me and I can't stop watching it

COOL!

Yeah that one is a classic, the two guys w/ the simultaneous "HOLY SHIT!!" after the beast is unleashed (that sounds freakin badass I might add) is just plain too perfect. Have had that one saved for a year or more...

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

That vid is a classic. I know it's been around for at least a couple of years. Being a DSM owner as part of the many cars that I own however, I still would have like to have seen the look on the Vette owner's face if that DSM had been equipped with a 20G or larger turbo with the appropriate supporting mods. That DSM could have been almost stock with just the boost turned up and a couple of other minor bolt-ons to run the low 13 second times claimed. I know, I know. This is probably the last place I should suggest that a DSM could compete with a Vette, let alone a highly modded one so flame away.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
    That vid is a classic. I know it's been around for at least a couple of years. Being a DSM owner as part of the many cars that I own however, I still would have like to have seen the look on the Vette owner's face if that DSM had been equipped with a 20G or larger turbo with the appropriate supporting mods. That DSM could have been almost stock with just the boost turned up and a couple of other minor bolt-ons to run the low 13 second times claimed. I know, I know. This is probably the last place I should suggest that a DSM could compete with a Vette, let alone a highly modded one so flame away.
    If my anut had balls she would be my uncle.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what is a DSM, and that was freakin sweet!

that video is around 4 years old. Still a goodie.I have that one saved on my xbox and PC.

DSM=Diamond star motors. It is what the old Talons, eagles and lasers had in them. It was an american based engine company.

smokin- it would take an 11 second DSM with a trap speed in the 130s to pull that vette. That sucker has a nice 150 or 200 shot he uses for the fast cars .
    Last edited by mogs01gt; 10-06-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Black
    99 SS

if i had a million dollars i would be rich!

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    if i had a million dollars i would be rich!

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

If my anut had balls she would be my uncle.

Your point genius????

It's obvious that in this case the Vette had clear superiority over the DSM. No argument from me. I own both types of cars, BTW. However in another scenario just as, if not more likely than this one, a modded AWD DSM with no more than a 20G and supporting fuel mods would lay waste to most stock to highly modded Vettes in a race on the street. It's all about getting traction off the line and applying all the power available. There's another video floating around that's been around just about as long as this one with an AWD DSM totally destroying a low 10 second high 13x MPH RWD car 4 races in a row, each for large dollars. On the track, the DSM would have gotten its ass handed to it. On the street where "track" prep is minimal, the AWD has an advantage that's very difficult to overcome. OK, enough beating the DSM drum for now. Just realize that all DSM's (as well as all other cars) are not the same. To paraphrase a "Gump"ism: (Street Racing) is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you're gonna get.

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=290773

Little street DSM that would probably give this and any street driven Vette a run for its money. Just one example. There are literally hundreds more.

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
    http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=290773

Little street DSM that would probably give this and any street driven Vette a run for its money. Just one example. There are literally hundreds more.
    Can't view it. Must be a member to access the forums. Post it on Putfile.com and give us the link??

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Since we're on the topic of Vettes... here's a little something to drool at. I also posted this in the vette forum, but no ones seems that interested. Without further adieu...

Lingenfelter Performance Engineering:
    "To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, LPE is producing a very special Commemorative Edition Corvette. The car features Lingenfelter's 427 cid, twin-turbo, 725-hp V8 engine that is based off the Corvette C5R racing motor. Also included in the Commemorative Edition package is a Corsa exhaust system, a Brembo brake system, custom leather seats, a Lingenfelter body kit, and 19" HRE wheels fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. Each car also comes with a serial numbered plaque, special seat embossing, and Lingenfelter fender badges."

Front View Promo
    Rear View Promo
    Interior View Promo
    LPE 427 TT V8 Engine Promo

Additional Information:
    MSRP: $131,595.00
    Power Output: 725hp @ -,---RPM & 730 ft-lbs @ -,---RPM

Wow... I mean wow... I want one of those bad boys!

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Can't view it. Must be a member to access the forums. Post it on Putfile.com and give us the link??

Sorry about that. I didn't realize you had to be a member there to view the forums. I've been a member there for a while. Anyhow, that's just a link to a thread by someone that lives down in Wilmington, NC. He's good friends with maTT that owns one of the faster daily driver Stealth TT's running 11.2's @ 122+. His screen name is Paylay. The thread is about his automatic equipped DSM. He's probably improved upon even this time but when he made that post he had just run a 9.71 @ 141.9. What's so impressive is that he did it through an automatic tranny. Automatic DSM's just don't run. Period. I have no idea where that vid was of the DSM beating up on that low 10 second car. It was probably 2 years ago that I saw it. It's a real eye opener about AWD's when it comes to street racing though. If you spin, you can't win. If I ever locate that vid I'm referring to, I'll post up a link to it. The DSM won by a minimum of 100 yards on each race. Seriously everyone. Traction wins on the street more often that mega power. I've been at it for a while and that's been my experience. A 10.50 @ 128 beats an 11.30 @ 139 every time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    It was a DRM 450 with a 150 shot of nitrous.

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Very sweet vid. The boys were cool about it, too.

It reminds me of this weekend at drill in Carrollton, GA. I rode with my buddy in his stock C5 A4 w/2.73s. Anywho, this built Neon keeps toying with us, so we pull in, talk to him, and decide to run'em(YAY, Vette vs. Neon... what the rivalry.) Vette won all three runs plus one against a loud RX-7TT with a bad 3rd gear synchro. Guys were cool as all get out with it all.

Thread Information