Very First Mod, Followed By Very Sweet Kill....

Since I purchased the Trans Am, I've yet to find some time to let the modding begin. She was completely bone stock. My cam and exhaust selections are still up in the air, but I needed to do something, "anything", now, to keep my interest there. So, I gave Summit Racing the call, and ordered me an SLP lid, and K&N Filter...

The lid arrived early this morning, and I had it on the car within fifteen minutes. Of course, after I already had it on... I "then" remembered about the FRA mod, so back off it went. I hacked, trimmed then sanded away, and after about an hour and a half (I took my time, and made it "look" factory), back on everything went....

I was quite impressed with such a basic of mods. I can actually hear my LS1 now, and she rev's a great deal faster to boot. I took a ride down Route-9 to get something to eat, when I noticed this very sweet looking 2005 White Mustang eagerly trying to catch me at the light. I had to laugh to myself when he both cut off, and almost hit the guy to the left of me, just so he could pull up along side....

Of course, the schmuck started revving his engine at me, when I then started to think to myself, "jeez, not again" (referring to the possibility of getting another ticket). Alright, screw it, and I acknowledged him by nodding. I'll admit, that Mustang sounded freaking 'scwheeet', and although I had no idea how much work he had into it, I still felt pretty confident that I would take him.

I'm sitting there wondering to myself when suddenly, BANG, the light turned green, and I seen the Mustang take off from the corner of my eye. Not even thinking twice, I nailed it... hooked pretty good, and reeled him in within a matter of seconds. By the time I hit ninety, I had several car lengths on him.

Cool guy though. At the very next light he commented on my Trans Am, and said it was really nice. I threw one right back at him, and told him that his car looked sweet too, and that I wish my car "sounded" like it. We gave each other the thumbs up, then went our seperate ways...

Heh, must of been the Holiday Season, cuz I never met up with a Mustang owner that cool before....

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

I like people that give respect when losing to something better, and damnt I miss racing

black
    1999 Trans Am

Great Kill! Whats an FRA mod???

ULTIMATEORANGESS
    Free Ram Air mod.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
    rt 9 i noticed?

where at man?

Quote Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
    rt 9 i noticed? where at man?
    In Old Bridge, right off of Rt-516. I was headed down Rt-9, and that Mustang caught up with me right by the Jake Brown Road stop light. Raced all the way down to the Old Mill Road stop light. He got off turning on the Rt-34 exit by "The Outback".... while I stayed on Rt-9, and headed towards White Castle's in Sayerville.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    In Old Bridge, right off of Rt-516. I was headed down Rt-9, and that Mustang caught up with me right by the Jake Brown Road stop light. Raced all the way down to the Old Mill Road stop light. He got off turning on the Rt-34 exit by "The Outback".... while I stayed on Rt-9, and headed towards White Castle's in Sayerville.
    That's funny! I bought my Z-28 at "Oasis Ford" over there. The day after I drove it back to get my rotor's cut. On the way to the dealership an '02 GT and a '86 Cobra pulled up by me at a light. Now the Cobra is behind me and the GT is on my left. Well, a 911 Boxter pulls up in the lane all the way over on the left...Couldn't get much better than this... So we all nail it, I get way ahead and just as the Porsche catches up I pull into the dealership...NONE of my friends believe this actually happened of couse... Swear to this day it did man!

Thread Information