Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two in one day

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Two in one day

I was driving up 295 in jacksonville in my gto when I saw a cadillac STS in my reaview coming up at about 90 MPH. I was doing about 65. He slows down and starts pacing me and hitting it repeatedly. Normally I wouldnt waste my gas but I said what the hell as it was 3am and no cars on the road and this guy was an idiot. I murdered him and let off @ 125. Then he has the audacity to give me a ricer flyby with his flashers on. Anyone know the HP rating on those cars? It was maybe a 2001-2005 I think.

Next one: A new WRX got next to me on a major highway and points forward. I let him get the jump and pull about a car on me and then hit it in 2nd and instantly pulled past him then let off. I think those have like 265 to the crank? He gave me a thumbs up and didnt try to pass me again. Those are pretty ugly cars. I hadnt seen a new one till today.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 06-29-2009 at 06:23 AM.

NBM
    99 TA

what kind of caddilac was it?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    what kind of caddilac was it?
    Fixed the original post. It was an STS

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Both are easy races on the the roll

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Those STS's were like 295 HP and torque, from the factory. Nice kills.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Good kills i hate when ass clowns do the ricer fly by

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    Good kills i hate when ass clowns do the ricer fly by
    this dude had the gangster lean going on too.. it was pretty comical.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    this dude had the gangster lean going on too.. it was pretty comical.
    Most caddys start there lives being driven by a upscale familys and end up getting bought for cheap after tens of thousands of highway miles and family road trips and driven by wanksters

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

the new WRX is ugly. and ricer fly-bys/flashers are gay.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    the new WRX is ugly. and ricer fly-bys/flashers are gay.
    I think it looks better than the bugeye years and it certainly has alot more potential

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I think it looks better than the bugeye years and it certainly has alot more potential
    personally, the previous model was more attractive (except for the wing). I'm not a big fan of 5-door/hatch cars like that. Mazda3, WRX...there are some more out there. just never was a style I liked.

Arctic White, red/gray

personally, the previous model was more attractive (except for the wing). I'm not a big fan of 5-door/hatch cars like that. Mazda3, WRX...there are some more out there. just never was a style I liked.

They still make a 4 door sedan WRX, only the STI is hatch only. People who like wagons and hatchs liek them because of the extra storage space, lay the back seats down and you have a 6 foot long 4 foot high cab which is nice in alot situations.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

They still make a 4 door sedan WRX, only the STI is hatch only. People who like wagons and hatchs liek them because of the extra storage space, lay the back seats down and you have a 6 foot long 4 foot high cab which is nice in alot situations.
    true..but a STI is the z06 of Subaru..that is why i dont understand why its a hatch only now..

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

They still make a 4 door sedan WRX, only the STI is hatch only
    yeah, I know they do. Okay, after taking a long look at the previous and new model....I'm too prejudice against the WRX looks, that I can't decide if one of them actually does look better than the other. Granted, the newer model does look more refined - elongated head lights, hood scoop more integrated into the over all design, the addition of fog lights...honestly, it looks more like a Toyota Camary with a hood scoop.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yeah, I know they do. Okay, after taking a long look at the previous and new model....I'm too prejudice against the WRX looks, that I can't decide if one of them actually does look better than the other. Granted, the newer model does look more refined - elongated head lights, hood scoop more integrated into the over all design, the addition of fog lights...honestly, it looks more like a Toyota Camary with a hood scoop.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I thought it was pretty ugly. I liked the older ones a lot better.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    Oh i have always thought the wrx and STI are too ricey, the new ones are a little less because of the smaller scoop and wing thats why i bought this instead. Same AWD drivetrain as WRX, adn same long block as STI, just different turbo/intercooler/intake manifold.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    true..but a STI is the z06 of Subaru..that is why i dont understand why its a hatch only now..
    People in the world of subarus dont think the same as f-body guys. To most STI and WRX owners its not just a performance car, its a DD that needs to do alot more tasks than just go fast. They want there cars to be fast and fun but still be able to take on any task they need them too. I have towed campers, boats, trailers with a full trunk and 4 people in the car without a problem. I have driven through snow higher than my bumper and i have ran the 1/4mile in a 13.6 with 200 bucks in mods with an auto tranny(aka no 5500rpm launchs for me). The STI isnt the z06 of the subaru world, they may be the high end models but they are still made for two complete different situations.

They claim they are bringing the STI sedan back in 2011 when its supposed to get its power jump to 340-380hp, they havent released anything official yet.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-30-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Oh i have always thought the wrx and STI are too ricey, the new ones are a little less because of the smaller scoop and wing thats why i bought this instead. Same AWD drivetrain as WRX, adn same long block as STI, just different turbo/intercooler/intake manifold.

Click for full size
    you know, i've never driven an AWD vehicle. I'm quite curious on how they perform under normal driving conditions.

And I understand completely about people using their cars for other task than what a typical f-body uses their car for. I mostly use mine to drive back and forth to school (40 mins one way)...and my girlfriends house (an hour one way) from where I live. So it's a lot of straight line cruising...that's why I would love an M6, and enjoy the comfort of a larger car like the T/A. I don't necessarily need something compact, hauls a lot, or has the ability to go through snow. It's East Texas, haha.

Arctic White, red/gray

you know, i've never driven an AWD vehicle. I'm quite curious on how they perform under normal driving conditions.

And I understand completely about people using their cars for other task than what a typical f-body uses their car for. I mostly use mine to drive back and forth to school (40 mins one way)...and my girlfriends house (an hour one way) from where I live. So it's a lot of straight line cruising...that's why I would love an M6, and enjoy the comfort of a larger car like the T/A. I don't necessarily need something compact, hauls a lot, or has the ability to go through snow. It's East Texas, haha.

Yeah, if i didnt live in a snowy area AWD would be the last thing on my mind.

But most AWD systems are different, which is why i went with subaru. Nissans is RWD bias and throws power around as it sees fit, honda and mazdas awd is FWD bias and as far mitsubishi goes i have never trusted transfer cases on AWD performance cars.

I like subarus symetical AWD, longitudinally mounted engine, a front diff, tranny acts as center diff and a rear diff. Straight and even on both sides with a 50/50 or 45/55 split depending on tranny you get.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-30-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information