Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two more kills for the S10!

Although not a coveted ls1, my chev 4.3 liter six got me two more kills last weekend...(98 S10 4x4 xcab 4.3l A4) First was an 02 Chevrolet xcab 2wd, 5.3 liter on the freeway....we slowed to 45mph roll and then hammered...we were dead even until around 75 and then I started to pull on him...I hit the hazards at 2 carlengths and he got off the freeway. Same night, Im coming home from a long night of partying, and I've got my nice big soda from jack in the crack, one light from home....light is green so I roll on through at about 35 mph, and this guy in a red 01 ranger x cab comes up behind me, then moves to the outside lane and drops the hammer...he got dead even and I dropped the hammer...he didnt move an inch further and as soon as I hit third he started to disappear...Soda in hand mind you..I slowed down to be a good sport (rub in how bad I just blew his doors off while stuffing my face) and he darted down a side street.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

NBM
    '00 Z28

you hit the hazards? I approve of the kill, but not the ricer antics.

sorry toneloc60, please enlighten me as to the official way that you alert the other driver to your victory...and yes i know massive carlengths between you helps with that, but Im turning 31 x10.50's here with a stock v6...

NBM
    '00 Z28

I'm not trying to flame you. Honestly.

But how do I alert the other driver to my victory? Easy. I'm ahead.

lol thats what i thought you'd say. Nice Maro by the way...black is good. I am looking for WS6 or SS, 01 or 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero_TT
    ...please enlighten me as to the official way that you alert the other driver to your victory.
    Personally, I like to get out of the car at the very next traffic light, and start to tap dance, feverishly.

... but hey, that's just me.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Actually, my car is Navy Blue Metallic. It's hard to tell depending on the lighting sometimes. The sun was dropping when I took that pic. Thanks though.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

I know this is the wrong post for this, but I have an 02WS6 M6 for sale. PM Me if interested

Steve

hard for me to believe a 4x4 V6 S10 on 31's outran a 5.3 silverado. how do you know it wasnt a 6 cyl or 4.8? the last 5.3 silverado i had was on 35's and it would SMOKE an s10 ESPECIALLY from a roll at that speed. either way nice kills...i guess

well whitelightnin99 you got me there, I DO know it was a V8... I've got flows on my S-10 and i know the distinctive roar of the V8, but I'm not sure if it was the 5.3. Guy had some big rims too. My S-10 has not been reprogrammed since I mounted the larger tires (28 x 7.5 was factory) and on a GPS, at 70mph on the gauge the gps reads 75.8 mph, so if his truck was at the factory 98mph (we both governed out) I would be traveling around 5mph faster

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

[QUOTE=Sero_TT]......, please enlighten me as to the official way that you alert the other driver to your victory...

I can't say for everyone, but the guys that run em around here use the two pumps to the brake lights, it also indicates that the leader is now slowing down cause someone got owned...

yeah usually when we are out at the street races around here, no one is standing at the end of the track to see who won so I guess thats how they came up with hitting the hazards

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Sero_TT
    (98 S10 4x4 xcab 4.3l A4) First was an 02 Chevrolet xcab 2wd, 5.3 liter on the freeway....we slowed to 45mph roll and then hammered...we were dead even until around 75 and then I started to pull on him...I hit the hazards at 2 carlengths and he got off the freeway.
    BS....your stock 4x4 6'er with 31's isn't going to pull a 5.3 or the 4.8...especially a 2wd. I bet he wasn't even racing you, or he had a bed full of cement. I've been in a 5.3 2wd and that thing can move for what it is....and the 4.8 is no slouch either. I bet my g/f's corolla would give you a run for your money....which isn't a bad thing because it is kinda quick.

Look man, he was racing me, and he had big rims (22 inches plus), most likely with no gear change...so we're looking at like 3.42 or so pushing a 4500 or 5000lb x cab truck down the road in an auto with huge rims and tires...either way, its kind of obvious when someone darts off the freeway from 3 lanes over and gets off b/c they got their ass handed to them by a mini truck....I bet my g/f 's 88 rwd nissan would give that corolla a run for its money...and besides, my car is an s-10, not a performance car in anyway, and thats not the first full size i've beaten, 4wd or 2wd. Shift on the fly tcase is great for launches...turn it off to avoid parasitic loss right after 2nd gear shift. All i've got for mods is flows.

on a side note, severedistortion, do you ever take your car out to the raceway? Im sactown local and wouldnt mind talking cars and watching you making some runs to see how your mods are working out...I love American muscle in all its forms. Have you looked at turbos for your car? I saw that you were thinking NA or forced induction and I am kicking the same question around for an ls1 build.

AKA Chris McKittrick

Black w/Flame graphic kit
    1998 Chevy t-top Camaro

im having a hard time believing that you outran a 5.3 with a little s-10 cause i outran a souped up s-10 in my dads 01 expedition with flowmasters and a k&N
    im not saying u didnt but i dont think he knew how to drive good

red
    1999 Trans am

Don't take this the wrong way ,but who the hell cares about tow trucks racing. If you want to go fast than get a car. You said your self "my car is an s-10, not a performance car". Then buy one.

I am with you there redt/anumber1. I had a 78 T/A with the 403, th400... loved the car, but had to sell....wasnt that quick but I couldn't get enough of the WOT sound. http://www.ians78transamse.50megs.com/ for pics. Drivetrain was in great shape, but the wiring and interior were a mess (thanks to the previous owner!) and I didnt feel like ripping it all out and redoing it.

Speeddemon, I think it was a 4.8, and the guy was pushing big rims, and most people in 2wd truck land dont even think of doing a gear change when buying rims...these are the same guys who get chrome mudflaps and have tube steps on a 2wd. My brother had a 96 s-10 M5 V6 that had some mild mods (until it made love to a tree head on at around 40mph), when he slapped some 18's on in place of the stock 15x7.5's, you could feel the drop in performance from acceleration to braking...made the whole truck drive like it was heavier. The only killer to me getting my LS1 is the insurance...called my agent up and it was 407.00/month. I've got two tickets and no accidents.

Thread Information