Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T/A vs. srt-4

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

T/A vs. srt-4

i know everyone hates the "who would win" threads but i figured id just throw it out here anyway cuz its gonna happen soon

i have a stock 98 Trans Am A4 and this kid with a stock manual srt-4 [hes 16 and he just learned how to drive] wants to race me for money....i should definitely do it right

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

If you are good at driving yes. I've heard those things are a PITA to launch well...if he just learned how to drive the smoke show at the start should be pretty funny

Make sure he is stock though...

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

yea if he aint stock and he wins im definitely not payin and if he wants to do somethin about it, it wouldnt even matter cuz the kids like 100 pounds

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Great integrity you got there.

Don't honor a bet, that'll show him who's more of a man!

How about negotiating a look around of his car before racing so you don't have to throw all your honor out the window IF he beats you.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

well im sayin i wouldnt pay him if hes lyin because thats how i am plus, hes said many many times hes stock, and yea i would obviously look around his car

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Race his ass from a dig and take his money.

Electron Blue
    2003 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by ImportKiller24 View Post
    i know everyone hates the "who would win" threads but i figured id just throw it out here anyway cuz its gonna happen soon

i have a stock 98 Trans Am A4 and this kid with a stock manual srt-4 [hes 16 and he just learned how to drive] wants to race me for money....i should definitely do it right
    You'll kill him from a stop. Just concentrate on getting a good launch with no wheelspin.

From a roll it will be closer since you're an A4 depending on where you start from, but again, since he probably can't drive anyway, you should kill him there too.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Youll kill him if hes stock. My 98 mustang gt ate those things off the line and LS1s are much faster than that. Even if hes somewhat modded, i could still see you winning.
    99 TA-T56 swapped, Lid, TB Bypass, LS6 Intake, !EGR, !AIR, Custom Cam, Mids, O/R-Y, 3:73s, Cutout, Flowmaster.
    A4 numbers w/ mids only 320RWHP 333RWTQ
    Cam numbers and track times soon.

98 NBM Hardtop Formula- Bone stock, A4, 187,000 miles
    13.8@ 103 2.1 60' 1357 DA

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    I second that.....man when your 16 you shouldnt be talking about racing for money. When i was 16 i was on some empty roads practicing launching and shit. But stock for stock with 2 good drivers youll still get the win....roll or dig

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Just race him...get his money...and mod your car up... sounds like a good deal to me...

White
    2002 Camaro SS

If you don't know what you are looking for you could be in trouble. There was a time when my SRT looked stock and it would've smoked him from a stop or roll. You have to know what you're looking for. Find someone who knows these cars to help you check it over. You could get some pics of a stock engine bay and make sure his looks the same, but this wouldn't show the computer or injectors so you wouldn't know if he was a stage 2 or 3. If I was to bet, he's probably stock. Go from a dig to make sure...
    2002 Camaro SS STS T67 turbo

2003 SRT-4 some mods

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

check the wastegate on the turbo and make sure it is stock. make sure you don't see a threaded rod on it. that was a cheap mod when I had my skittle that made a lot of difference.

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

act a little scared to bait him and then take his money

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post

+1

White
    2001 WS6

actually,how fast are those stage 2 and 3 SRT-4's? I went up against a SRT-4 with 2 other people in the car and it was hanging with me, Ide say I had no more than half a car on him up to 120. When we slowed down he asked me what I had, when I told him im stock he was surprised. I was surprised myself for him just hanging with me like that.

White
    2002 Camaro SS

That depends on supporting mods. Stage 2(pcm, sensors, injectors, wastegate actuator) by itself doesn't do much until you can take control of the boost and timing, but then you have a high 12s, low 13s car. All you need is a little box that tricks the computer by not letting it see all the boost called a mapclamp ($25) and a manual boost controller ($50), both of which could by missed by someone not familiar with the car's setup. By this point the car would really need an intake and an exhaust though to maximize power and these are not easily hidden. Stage 3 by itself is much better because the stock turbo and exhaust manifold are replaced with bigger units as well a higher capacity fuel system. When installed, it looks OEM. All you need is race gas or a meth injection kit and you have a mid twelve car if you can get the skinny tires to hook. There are lots of low 12s/high 11s stage 3 cars out there, but they have to have visible mods to get there. If you see a skittle with a big front mount intercooler and an exhaust, he's not going to be very stock, but he could still be a 14 second car.

Best advice though is to look at the tires and suspension. Does it have DRs or wide tires on a lowered car? Does it have solid motor mounts? The upper one is the only one you can see. Does it have traction bars? This can easily be observed by just looking under the front of the car. These are the smart SRT owners that have recognized that FWD is the suck for traction and have done something about it. Race from a dig, because even with tires and suspension mods or even RWD sometimes it's hard to hook. Racing from a roll is what you want to do if you like surprises...

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

those skittles will surprise you, dont cut em no slack,take his money after you act all worried and scared,lol

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

damn weather....i told the assbag to race me on tuesday and hes like uhhh thursday ill do it. wouldnt u know it wednesday it snows all day long
    hopefully it doesnt snow for a week or so

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

haha i was just gonna ask if this race went down yet!

where are yall racing at in philly?

dont race him from a roll, A4s (the actual tranny) has no clue when it comes to a roll trust me, race him from a dig and make sure ya kick his ass.. i seriously cannot stand those damn srt-4s *ok brian if ure reading this ure the exception*

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    haha i was just gonna ask if this race went down yet!

where are yall racing at in philly?

dont race him from a roll, A4s (the actual tranny) has no clue when it comes to a roll trust me, race him from a dig and make sure ya kick his ass.. i seriously cannot stand those damn srt-4s *ok brian if ure reading this ure the exception*

Unless you have a wacky loose stall, if still on the stock (or a tight) converter, tuning makes the A4s come alive. You die the death of tq mngmnt, and slow sloppy shifts without it.

Thread Information