Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Subaru Kill Friday

I was riding on I96 on my way home when i saw a subaru moving kind of quick so i persue. I go past him and get one it and he trails me so i try to leave him and i get to about 130 and hes around 2-3 cars behind me. So i cruise at 125(6th) Then he moves past me on my left so I downshift to 5th and blow past him and leave him by around 3-4 cars and let off way ahead of him at around 155. Before i past him i thought his car said saturn on the back
    I was like i know this saturn isnt moving like this...

Nice kill man. I gotta ask though, Im just 16 and pay for pretty much all of my car and insurance and gas. The only car Ive raced so far was that LS1 transam and got beat badly but I never made it up to more than 60. What kind of places do you feel safe racing at? Im always scared the highway patrol or whoever it might be is gonna be right around the corner, so I never get it up too fast.

silver
    2002 z-28

youve never got your car up to 60?........why?

Quote Originally Posted by trash
    Nice kill man. I gotta ask though, Im just 16 and pay for pretty much all of my car and insurance and gas. The only car Ive raced so far was that LS1 transam and got beat badly but I never made it up to more than 60. What kind of places do you feel safe racing at? Im always scared the highway patrol or whoever it might be is gonna be right around the corner, so I never get it up too fast.
    Looks like you need to go to Detroit to avoid those Southern cops...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

The trick is know where the cops most likely are. if it is a place they never are, you're most likely cool. Also the interstate is a good place, just make sure no trees are in the middle blocking your view, they can hide there. Also just use common sense and make sure they're not around. You should be cool though.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

GET a police scaner so you will have a better chance at knowing if their around you can get one at best buy get a up to date one though because they update their radars to outsmart ours

In the 1 particular race I ran through the outskirts of town I didnt make it much over 60. Im not up to par on much of anything lately so im trying to learn. I hear with the pushbutton radar the police have now will nail you before you know it, and by time you do know that their there, then its too late.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Dont get caught with a Police Scanner while you are racing on the street.

I can see it now "Uhhhhhhhhh officer uhhhhhhh I was uhhhhh trying to hear uhhhh you know Dale Jr talk to his pit crew...Urrrrr Uhhh! yeah right..

Anyway you live in NC.. Where at? Lots of good strips around her to race at so you dont do 2 things:

1) Get locked up.. They are all over this street racing stuff here in Charlotte

2) if you break something , at least its at the track and you are not having to work on it in the middle of the road.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

fade2black, you could have atleast dropped to like 45mph to give him a "chance" you should know those awd's are shitty top end...

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

i only get rambunctious in familiar territory m'self...

trash, you're 16, you have plenty of time to have fun, learn the car and the highways first

fade2black - damn, you killed him, lol
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

The closest one to me is roxboro, and thats an eighth. I dont know much of anywhere else that has a strip around here. Im in oxford, about an hour north of raleigh.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Piedmont would be your closest bet (that I know of) its somewhere around Greensboro.

If leerbc1 is on here.. he is from up your way he may can help with a closer strip.

Be careful on the street...

Steve

Yes Im going to be careful on the streets. Id rather have my liscense than to win a race. I probly wont take the mustang to any strips, itd just be embarrassing. Before I ever bought this car I wanted either a camaro or a stang. And the past few months Ive been thinking about selling mine for a Z28, probably and LT1. More or less I got this car because when my family heard I was looking at it they were all hyped up because its a mustang convertible. To be honest, as weird as this sounds I dont really like driving with the top down, Id rather just have a hard top. I think I could sell this one for enough to buy a decent LT1 with an M6. Im not hard pressed to do it but its been in my mind for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7
    Nice Camaro!

... when is the LS7 going in?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I said screw it with my 6 hahaha! I'm going to get a '98-02 LS1 SS 6spd Convertible on ebay(hopefully modded decently with long tube headers and some engine work and I'm going to go from there. I've still got to sell my car and then I'll use the cash from that and the cash that I'm currently saving and I'll get my next one. I plan to make a street/show car out of it. I definitly want it smacking supras and vipers and stuff like that hahaha.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

155 on the highway is just reckless...you are lucky you aren't dead, or someone else dead due to your careless behavior. People shouldn't do that crap on the streets.
    1999 Z28 black M6 hoping to fix up and sell soon!

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by SailorZ28
    155 on the highway is just reckless...you are lucky you aren't dead, or someone else dead due to your careless behavior. People shouldn't do that crap on the streets.

Well You dont live here so dont worry.
    It was 3 am anyway no one was on the road...

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by newguy WS6
    Dont get caught with a Police Scanner while you are racing on the street.

I can see it now "Uhhhhhhhhh officer uhhhhhhh I was uhhhhh trying to hear uhhhh you know Dale Jr talk to his pit crew...Urrrrr Uhhh! yeah right..

Anyway you live in NC.. Where at? Lots of good strips around her to race at so you dont do 2 things:

1) Get locked up.. They are all over this street racing stuff here in Charlotte

2) if you break something , at least its at the track and you are not having to work on it in the middle of the road.
    Not the Radio ones the ones that beep and some of them talk and say K band or X band. An officer saw mine when he pulled me over and asked if it was working right because he caught me speeding. They dont care about those ones.

get a radar detector for once, also what I usually do is a "test" drive, rolling speed limit
    along and back on the 10mile stretch of the highway I wanna race. that way I see the stakeout cops that may be waiting out. then if the highway is secure, I race for 20 minutes anything that is worth racing back and forth that stretch, then I change the site after 20 mins. and so on...

Thread Information