Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Adam

Street racing paper

Im writing a paper on why street racing should be legalized with restrictions to only industrial areas and roads that are rarely used. I was wondering if anyone has written a paper like this before and has any good points i should hit up. thanks

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Sorry, but as much as I'd like to see that happen, you will not have any good points.

You will always have the arguement that people could be around, whether it be a back street that people rarely use (but keep in mind is still used) or an industrial park, people's lives, other than the racers, are put at stake.

Adam
    i have in the paper that the street would be closed and there could even be a night or two a week atleast to race

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

isnt that what the track is for? seems like the same thing to me. I agree there really arent many good points to come up w/ for it.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

So pretty much you are saying that you want a certain street to be turned into a private track that is free?

That is far from street racing buddy...

Adam
    the nearest track is an hour away for me, the track allows you to put in how many runs for how much? its much cheaper to be settled on a back road in iowa where there is absolutely no cars, and when we race, we take out scanners walkie talkies and make sure its all clear

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

I drive about an hour and a half to my track. I pay $28 and get in around 15-20 runs... I am paying less than $2 a run and I don't have to worry about getting my car impounded, getting a hefty ticket, or going to jail...

However, I won't say that I don't do anything on the road...

Adam
    yeah, I live in iowa and there is absolutely no cars on the road, maybe a deer or something time to time, but were smart and safe about it, btw do tracks allow 16 year olds to run?

Black
    99 SS

first off its not safe or smart. nothing good can come of it trust me, wat if u run off the road kill your self or a buddy??? not a good decision. something similar like this has happened to me. once you experience it then u will understand why people say there is a place and a time to race and that my friend is at the track.

your still young, i was the same way at 16 next week ill be 20 and have had a few close calls with death and i can tell you its not worth it at all to race on streets that you think are safe

Black
    99 SS

u got a license right?? why would u not be allowed to run??

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    first off its not safe or smart. nothing good can come of it trust me, wat if u run off the road kill your self or a buddy??? not a good decision. something similar like this has happened to me. once you experience it then u will understand why people say there is a place and a time to race and that my friend is at the track.

your still young, i was the same way at 16 next week ill be 20 and have had a few close calls with death and i can tell you its not worth it at all to race on streets that you think are safe
    What if at the track, you loose control, slam into the wall, your car flips, and you die.

The what if game can go on forever. Racing isn't safe no matter where you do it. Racing at a track makes it safer, since you aren't putting innocent pedestrains at risk, but the driver still faces a huge risk...

Black
    99 SS

yes correct the DRIVER does. at least at the track its legal for one, you cant go to jail, or get a ticket a lot less likely to wreck and if you do there are medical personal around to attend to you. and less likely to hurt anyone else.

i dont understand why your arguing with me, you sound like a little kid.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

yes correct the DRIVER does. at least at the track its legal for one, you cant go to jail, or get a ticket a lot less likely to wreck and if you do there are medical personal around to attend to you. and less likely to hurt anyone else.

i dont understand why your arguing with me, you sound like a little kid.
    I'm not arguing at all. I am just saying when it comes to racing there are a ton of what ifs, whether it be at the track or on the road.

If you look at one of my earlier posts, I mentioned, that you may have to pay a small fee to race at the track, but atleast you don't have to run the risk of having your car impounded, a hefty ticket, or going to jail.

My earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    I drive about an hour and a half to my track. I pay $28 and get in around 15-20 runs... I am paying less than $2 a run and I don't have to worry about getting my car impounded, getting a hefty ticket, or going to jail...

Black
    99 SS

oh ok, it just seemed that way.

but my point is that taking it to the track is the safest possible way to race anyone.

but i do like to play on the street but not very often

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

oh ok, it just seemed that way.

but my point is that taking it to the track is the safest possible way to race anyone.

but i do like to play on the street but not very often
    I agree 100%... Everyone is tempted on the streets and many give in. I try to keep it at the track as much as I can, but I'll admit, if it is a nice car, I will give in most the time.

However, I will never give in if there is traffic...

Adam
    i do agree it is the safest way, i just choose this topic to write on, i do not entirely agree with it, i do take part in street racing not saying its right but i do...the paper is actually coming purdy good i got quite a few good ideas about why it should be legalized got near 4 pages now

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

^ Justify what you mean when you say a good idea to legalize street racing... I honestly never pictured those words to be in the same sentence.

Black
    99 SS

hey when your done post it up man i want to read it cool??

john
    This should make for a good read. You've got to post it here when it is finished.

Adam
    will do

Thread Information