1997 Formula & 2003 cobra

Stock LS1 called me out!

well, here is the stroy..

( one of my buddy had told this guy about me running well at track and cutting some good numbers in my stock GT such as 13.43@102mph and he wouldn't believe and he called me out. they called me and i wanted to meet him first. he owns 2000 camaro SS)

i washed my car and went to my buddy's place and that LS1 owner is working with him too.. (a speedshop, they build old school muslce cars) as soon as i saw the guy, i was like oh snap! he is a punk..around 2 earings on each site, weird beard & hair style and my buddy told him, here is the dude.. when i went there, we were just gonna set up a time to race and we dealed on friday evening at the same place and my buddy asked me to drive my car around the block and i was like ok and he did a burnout and drove the car around the block (with straight pipes my car sounds kickass) this dude that second said, let me get my car.. he got his car and he said lets race now! i was like wtf?!?! and i said ok.

first race: from a dig, we took off we both spun the tires pretty good but i got ahead of him and i shifted to second and i pulled a little more and then he stayed there.. i shut down as soon as i shifted to 3rd which is around 80 mph and i got him a car and half. he said, ohh.. i got no traction, lets go from a roll" and i said i will go from a 40 roll no more and he said ok.

second race: from a 40mph roll: 3 honks and we took off, i got a little better jump and his bumper is on my front wheels and i shifted 3rd and he put his bumper on me and i stayed RIGHT FREAKING THERE TILL 100mph! and then we shot down.. he won but just a freaking bumper length. i asked him from a dig again and he said no, and my buddy yelled, " you said you were a good driver, come on show us" and he said he didn't want to go from a dig and i said i will go from a 20 roll and he said it is ok..

3rd race: from a 20mph roll, i was on first gear, 3 honks, i got a freaking good jump on him like a half car and i shifted to second still the same length and i shut down around 80ish mph again and i only had half car on him. and i said lets go one more time from a dig and then done.. he said ok.

4th race: from a dig, we took off, i got better launch because that punk was doing thing but spinning, his front bumper was on my rear bumper and i shifted to second and this dude came and passed me and i looked at my RPM gauge 6k rpm but i wasn't gaining any speed.. i tried 3rd and missed it and he was already gone like a bus length. i went back and my buddies asked me, what happened? i said i couldn't get any traction on second gear and they sweared i didn't spin on second gear at all and we started to smeel that stupid clutch.. and we found out my clutch was spinning bad..

he came back and my buddies talked trash to him and he said he can't get traction, etc. and i said "dude, i am not driving a honda, i drive a RWD car too, it was a drivers race and i hate to say but you do not know how to handle that car because you should be able to beat me with that thing. he smiled a little and said nothing and i was very mad cuz of my clutch and left to work.. I SHOULDN'T HAVE RACED.. now i need a new clutch. the car runs great unless you get on it..

oh well, i kicked that dudes butt and he wanted to race again once the weather is a lil' hot and i said no.. i just didn't like him..

(I HAVE NO FEAR AGAINST LS1s ANYMORE, BUT I LOVE 'EM MORE MORE THAN MY STANG AND I ALSO LOVE LONG STORIES )
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 01-25-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Good kill, but that kid gives us people a bad name.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

nice kill. Some people get overconfident in themselves after internet racing for so long.

he wasn't a terrible driver.. he was ok but with a better driver he should have beaten me.. i even told him.. i talk no trash.. i know who is faster, who is not and i said excatly this to him before we raced.

"your car is faster than my car and you should be able to beat me, somehow if you beat me, then that means you need to improve your driving skills"

and he said:

"Can you drive?"

and i said:

"just don't underestimate me"

he smiled and we raced.. if he would be a terrible driver, i am sure i would have put more lenghts on him.. races were close.. he got some balls but not enough to get what the car have!!

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

yeah thats pretty sad driving on his part cuz i beat 05-06 mustangs all day long, at least by a car each time and mine is bone stock

green
    1994 Z28

i think any stock GT is no match for any SS stock

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post

(I HAVE NO FEAR AGAINST LS1s ANYMORE, BUT I LOVE 'EM MORE MORE THAN MY STANG AND I ALSO LOVE LONG STORIES )

no fear huh?? im also in IL and below are not current times
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    no fear huh?? im also in IL and below are not current times
    i deal with stock ones so far and that word was meant stock LS1. i haven't grew up enough to race modded ones!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    if ur stang runs a 13.4...then his ls1 isnt that much faster....is it stock or modded??? its not a 01-02 ls1(ls6 intake)....that ss' time should be round there..more like low 13's but its still in the same ballpark.l...and it sounds like he took the race cool

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    if ur stang runs a 13.4...then his ls1 isnt that much faster....is it stock or modded??? its not a 01-02 ls1(ls6 intake)....that ss' time should be round there..more like low 13's but its still in the same ballpark.l...and it sounds like he took the race cool
    he was all stock.. he beat me once and i beat him twice, and if we count me breaking down on 4th race, then we are even!

he was all stock.. he beat me once and i beat him twice, and if we count me breaking down on 4th race, then we are even!
    right..so what are we talking about? lol
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

...one of my buddy had told this guy about me running well at track and cutting some good numbers in my stock GT such as 13.43@102mph and he wouldn't believe and he called me out.
    Although I won't take your kill away from you, I wouldn't be too quick to think that you "beat" an LS1. You definitely beat the driver of that LS1, yes....

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Although I won't take your kill away from you, I wouldn't be too quick to think that you "beat" an LS1. You definitely beat the driver of that LS1, yes....

thats what i said too..

i told him that "somehow if i beat you, that means, you dont know how to handle that car well" i mentioned this before guys.. LS1 > S197 but drivers makes huge difference! another 2000 SS i beleive beat me pretty good with only Lid a few weeks ago.. i guess i posted here!

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    right..so what are we talking about? lol
    we are talking about a pretty good race.. i wish the driver wouldn't as cocky so we would have a more fun!! after race, he wouldn't evven talk to us..

i am seriously thinking about selling my stang for an LS1 ws6 but i just can't see one around with low miles and reasinoble price.. there is one 02 black WS6 for 20 grand with 30k miles..

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Good runs, even with a fast car if you cant drive it you wont win races. What mods does you stang have, you mentioned straight pipes earlier. If you guys would have gone above 80-100 the ls1 would have pulled even more, even with a crappy driver, but good races.

i am basicly stock.. i had straight pipes for sound but driverside pipe kept getting loose so when i raced i had one side no pipe and after that i put the stock mufflers back on.. the only mod i have on my car is pro 5.0 shifter which sucks and i am thinking to put stock shifter back on because i miss 3rd alot with this shifter.. it feels like there is wall in front of it when i slam to 3rd..

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Not only that, but I'm affraid you bugged out alittle early in one of your races. I always powered past my buddies 98 Cobra when I hit 3rd gear. His exact words were" It Was Painful Waiting To Shift Into 3rd Gear". As he watched me go by. He shifted early alot because he didn't have the patience but that only cost him more. I see alot Stang owners everyday that just wanna hit it up to 60mph or so and then shut her down and call it a win. What ever makes them feel better.

we are talking about a pretty good race.. i wish the driver wouldn't as cocky so we would have a more fun!! after race, he wouldn't evven talk to us..

i am seriously thinking about selling my stang for an LS1 ws6 but i just can't see one around with low miles and reasinoble price.. there is one 02 black WS6 for 20 grand with 30k miles..
    yeah i agree with that....how much are u willing to spend...u can find some if u look hard enough in the 13-15k range with under 60-50k miles

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

How many miles do you have on your 06?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Good kill. You can have all the power in the world but if the person can't drive worth a shit, then it doesn't matter. Not my choice of car but good kill.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Thread Information