blue
    99 camaro ss

Question stepping up to a zo6

me and my buddie are going to plamdale raceway this weekend. i have never raced him before but we have ran the 8th mile a few times together, but this weekend were heading to palmdale, which is a quater mile track. i told him sunday night i wanted to line up with him finally and see how i do. he owns a 01 zo6 with, ory, lid, short shift kit, with a procharger running 9 psi, which makes 590 rwhp. hes running on kumho ecsta street tires, which he religiously runs at 22 psi at the track and gets a 60' of 1.98-2.04. its an m6 and he tends to powershift after first. hes a consitent driver, so i know i probaly won't be finding him sleeping at the tree. at irwindale he ran a 7.5 et in the 8th. my car is a 99 ss with h/c/i,ory, magniflow exhuast. no cats with ls1 edit. and its a m6. it dynoed at 410 rwhp ( never dynoed with the bottle). previously i was running a 100 dry shot on khumho escta, and when i raced at irwendale in the 8th with the bottle open i ran a 7.78 et.however, last week i uped the jets to a 150 dry shot and got a pair of nitto dr's. i assuming of the top of my head with the nitrous upgrade i should be floating around 510-520 rwhp. i think in terms of driver skill i am the better driver since my times aren't that far apart when i was running a 100 shot on street tires. i was only three tenths away from his times. so i wondering with the dr and the larger shot of nitrous could i possibly out launch him and beat him in the quater. everyone of my buddies thinks he'll still beat me with the new mods, but i thinks thats just because none of them have been able to give him any competition with thier own rides

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

thats a tough one, hes lighter than you so that helps him. i dunno bud. he has a y pipe on the vette? why?

blue
    99 camaro ss

sorry about that i meant he has cut outs, and my camaro has ory. sorry bout that

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Sounds like a tough race to call but i still give the advantage to the lighter vette. But anthing can happen in a race.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

The vette will take it.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Thread Information