Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Rookie

SS Vs. WS6 "Cool Girlfriend"

Yesterday The girl and I decide to Head to Galveston for some seafood and a stroll on the beach. It was beautiful hear in north Houston, so I decided it would be a good day to roll around in the SS. So we head south on hwy59 towards Galveston. Crusin along about 75 and a black WS6 pulls up on my right. My girl looks over and says, "I think he wants to run." So I look over and he gases it then slows back down next to me. I look at her and she says, "ok.... go ahead and play." So I down shift to 4th and stomp it once. Look at him and WFO I go! He gets in behind me but, I am pulling away about 3 car links, so I slow down and get over into the middle lane. He slows and pulls up next to me in the fast lane and then he hammers it. I jump in behind him and drop it to 4th again. I follow him until we hit about 120 then hammered it hard and got within 4 feet of his rear bumper. Then backed off once we got in the 135mph range. I got over and slowed back down to about 75. I Look over at the g\f and she says, "why did you play with him? You could have smoked him!" I started laughing and said, "You're the best!

His car had to be in stock trim. Auto I believe too. I do not have to many mods on my car but it lools like just enough. Also, I have heard before that an SS is lighter than a WS6. Is this true? Does the SS have an advantage over the WS6 right from the factory? Hard to believe but curious..

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

With your light mods what makes you think you would have "Smoked him" as stated above? What is considered "Smoked" nowadays? Anyways good kill on a fellow F-body

TheSilverDragon
    he thinks he could've smoked him because, while he was pulling away when in front, he was riding his ass when behind, and obviously had the ability to pass even though he didn't.
    smoking someone pretty much means beating them without question i think. but maybe thats just my opinion.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Silver I agree, smoking to me is by at least 4-5 car lengths or more, good kill though.

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Talking

I like playing with others but when it's time smokin them means leaving them humiliated. When I say I smoked someone I mean they just can't do anything about the space between me and them.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    why cant all girls be cool like that. mines like "OMG your going to get us killed!" when im doin like 20 around a sharp turn in the wal-mart parking lot.

The Rookie
    wow... sorry Hurley711, looks like I offended you with that story and your "fellow f-body" statement. Wasn't trying to offend anybody, but show how cool my girlfriend is. Plus, I am sure there are a lot of WS6's that would smoke my SS. Just the way it is. And thanks silverdragon, I did think I could have easily won against him, but still I was not the one who said, "Smok-em" it was the girl. Which I thought was hilarious.

Does anybody have the answer about the SS having a weight advantage over the WS6?

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Why were you downshifting into 4th instead of third at 75 mph?

The Rookie
    I guess I could have, But 4th at 75 worked just fine.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Offended? Just stated "Anyways good kill on a fellow F-body " Where do you get offended from? Again congrats on the good kill, did you mention that I stated good kill in all my posts? Anytime you get a kill on any F-body congrats are in order, F-bodies are always worthy opponents in my book and when you win congrats should be thrown out there. My confusion came from the "Smoke" comment that's all.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

To answer your question about weight, I do believe the SS is lighter than the WS6 T/A. A WS6 Formula would have given you a good run, as they're the "base model" WS6 without the extra ground effects, leather, plush seats and other cushy-cushy things that weigh the car down. It has a lot to do with options on the car, and Trans Ams are usually loaded, making them heavier.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    wow... sorry Hurley711, looks like I offended you with that story and your "fellow f-body" statement. Wasn't trying to offend anybody, but show how cool my girlfriend is. Plus, I am sure there are a lot of WS6's that would smoke my SS. Just the way it is. And thanks silverdragon, I did think I could have easily won against him, but still I was not the one who said, "Smok-em" it was the girl. Which I thought was hilarious.

Does anybody have the answer about the SS having a weight advantage over the WS6?
    possibly a very slight advantage. the lack of headlight motors is about the only thing i can think of. both the hoods are 'glass, same amount of sheet metal on the back, i would think maby 25-50lbs. so very slight at that.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

fuck you for having a cool girl like that.

liss87
    I guess I am just one of those girlfriends that don't mind racing glad to see there are others out there like me. My boyfriend and I race together on the track and on the street. We like to drive beside each other and just mess around him in the 04 mach 1 and me in the 98 trans am. Its fun but nice kill even though it was on one of the fellow pontiacs.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Your SS is lighter than a T/A WS6. However, a Formula WS6 is the lightest. I think they were only made in '98 and '99. The Formula WS6 has the best power to weight ratio of all F-bodies in stock trim.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Your SS is lighter than a T/A WS6. However, a Formula WS6 is the lightest. I think they were only made in '98 and '99. The Formula WS6 has the best power to weight ratio of all F-bodies in stock trim.
    really? I thought a stripper Z had the best power to weight...does the formula still have the power headlights and antenna? eh...either way it's probably so close the drivers weight would come into play

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1269976.html?page=11&c=y

Yeah, I believe the WS6 Formula is the lightest of all F-bodies....Here's an article about it...ending up in 5th place out of the 13 quickest cars you could buy in 1999, and got the "bang for the buck" title.....The SS got 9th (pg 7)

Link on my post's Title...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

interesting...the ss isn't a stripper Z though. I'm pretty sure a stripper Z is lighter than a formula ws6...I mean it has the ram air hood, power headlights, antenna...either way both cars rock

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    interesting...the ss isn't a stripper Z though. I'm pretty sure a stripper Z is lighter than a formula ws6...I mean it has the ram air hood, power headlights, antenna...either way both cars rock
    I'm not sure, you may be right.

Thread Information