Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

SS vs. Supercharged GT

Had a nice little run in with a supercharged 2003 GT this weekend. I was enjoying cruising on the highway and a nice looking Mustang came up on me very quickly and threw a rev as he passed. Game on! I finally caught up with him and we both ended up hitting it and pulled from 75 - 120. By 120, I had about a little over a length on him. Shortly thereafter we ran into traffic and weren't able to find any room for a better run. The guy had 2 passengers in the car (which I'm sure slowed him down a bit), so it looks like the two cars were relatively evenly matched. I would've loved a nice run from a dig! The guy was a really nice guy and his car sounded SICK.....very strong exhaust note and the front had a nice whine thanks to the blower!

It seems impossible to find someone around here that is willing to run, so it was quite exciting to find a guy with a legitimately fast car that was ready to play!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

nice, i love beating charged mustangs it is the best besides when you get a really good race which is usually another ls motor

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

what do you have done to your SS?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Mods below in sig....
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Yeah, it was almost your ideal encounter....the guy was really nice, the car was well worth getting excited about and he was still cool after the little run! It would've been perfect if we had room to go from around a 20 - 30 roll!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

he must have had some balls to hang with you and those mods

yeah it would be nice to see what you did from a slow roll or dig

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

nicely done, looks like you have a real strong car

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Yeah, he was well modded......Supercharger @ 7#, cam (I think he said cams...plural....perhaps it was a DOHC motor....I'm not too familiar with the different 4.6 motors), full exhaust and who know's what else. I have 3.90s in the rear so I would've been higher up in the band for 3rd gear at 75, so I simply started the run in 4th....I imagine that had a slight impact, however it was so loud in my car it was tough to tell how high he was taching in his car at the start of our run (hence, he could've had the same issue).

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

what kind of power are you putting to the wheels? with those mods that car sounds like it's really strong.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

The GT must have been running really good to hang with you, but with all street encounters whenever you dont know the person, you dont know what all is really done to the car.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Unfortunately I wasn't blessed with a dyno queen: My numbers are 390 rwhp and 388 rwtq on what is considered to be a relatively conservative DynoJet. I honestly feel like I'm losing power with the Weiand intake the previous owner installed. The head swap will be underway in a couple weeks and I'm hoping to top it off with the new Weiand intake (assuming it is released in mid-March). Hopefully that will get me closer to the 430 - 450 rwhp range. All in all, I wanted a street setup with a ton of power under the curve and it looks like my setup is working out quite nicely. If only I could find a way to get traction without shredding this crappy 10 bolt! HAHA!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Unfortunately I wasn't blessed with a dyno queen: My numbers are 390 rwhp and 388 rwtq on what is considered to be a relatively conservative DynoJet. I honestly feel like I'm losing power with the Weiand intake the previous owner installed. The head swap will be underway in a couple weeks and I'm hoping to top it off with the new Weiand intake (assuming it is released in mid-March). Hopefully that will get me closer to the 430 - 450 rwhp range. All in all, I wanted a street setup with a ton of power under the curve and it looks like my setup is working out quite nicely. If only I could find a way to get traction without shredding this crappy 10 bolt! HAHA!
    thats what i was going to ask you, if you had replaced the 10 bolt. kind of releaves me to know your pushing that kind of rwhp to it and havent blown it out yet being that i'm pushing 350 rwhp to mine. i'm in the same boat as far as traction. i can spin all day long right now, but if i put something back there that really hooks good bye bye 10 bolt.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    thats what i was going to ask you, if you had replaced the 10 bolt. kind of releaves me to know your pushing that kind of rwhp to it and havent blown it out yet being that i'm pushing 350 rwhp to mine. i'm in the same boat as far as traction. i can spin all day long right now, but if i put something back there that really hooks good bye bye 10 bolt.
    HAHA! As for the 10 bolt, I'm enjoying it as best I can. I know to ultimately be able to realize the potential of a well built motor, I'll need to be able to put it to the ground. Unfortunately, the 10 bolt will not allow me to accomplish this (for any extended period of time). I'm enjoying it for as long as I can and then I'll just swap in a 9" rear and be done with it. I'd love to slap a pair of slicks on it and dump it from 4K one good time, however I know not to even consider that right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Yeah, he was well modded......Supercharger @ 7#, cam (I think he said cams...plural....perhaps it was a DOHC motor....I'm not too familiar with the different 4.6 motors), full exhaust and who know's what else. I have 3.90s in the rear so I would've been higher up in the band for 3rd gear at 75, so I simply started the run in 4th....I imagine that had a slight impact, however it was so loud in my car it was tough to tell how high he was taching in his car at the start of our run (hence, he could've had the same issue).
    nice run, "cams" meaning one cam in each head which is what SOHC stands for. He was probably has just over 400rwhp @ 7#s.

DOHC has 2 cams in each head.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    nice run, "cams" meaning one cam in each head which is what SOHC stands for. He was probably has just over 400rwhp @ 7#s.

DOHC has 2 cams in each head.
    Thanks mogs01gt! Cool deal. I learn something new on here every day!

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

That's an impressive kill!

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

nice kill....i do like S197s tho...think they look really clean

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Nice kill, Midnight. I hear you on that 10 bolt time bomb of yours. One thing that's nice about a Mustang is that they come with an 8.8" rearend so they can just focus on go fast mods. Looks like a real strong car you have there!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    Nice kill, Midnight. I hear you on that 10 bolt time bomb of yours. One thing that's nice about a Mustang is that they come with an 8.8" rearend so they can just focus on go fast mods. Looks like a real strong car you have there!
    yeah well if the t/ams & camaros only started out with a little better than 200 rwhp then we could just focus on go fast mods too.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post

i'll take 300+ rwhp STOCK over a 8.8 ANYDAY....

Thread Information