Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

SRT-8 kills 2 LS1s this weekend.

I like kills stories and would love to hear from others and their experiences w/ SRT-8s (NOT R/Ts or Daytonas, they don't count!). Finding a stock LS1 these days who wants to race is pretty rare, I'm sure.

1. Automatic LS1, tire/wheel package, solo driver, exhaust tips are hidden?? (unusual, I know). I have a passenger (225lbs!). We both go WOT after a turn onto a highway, I fumble w/ the autostick giving him an edge but run him down in 3rd gear passing by him. He won't look over as he turns at the next light.

2. This one is BARELY a kill. LS1 T/A, 6spd, tinted windows and tailights. We slow down on the highway and finally go at it after several attempts. In 2nd only briefly, he's a little ahead, shifts and pulls a little more. In 3rd I start passing him. It's pretty close and since 3rd is my gear in the 1/4 and my hp peak is at redline, it seemed fair. We both give a thumbs up/v-victory sign and go on our way.

OH! I think the GT was in the wrong gear and didn't want to rev his motor w/ the downshift. No objective, published 1/4 test gives the Z that much of an advantage, if any at all. Sorry, had to comment!

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce
    I like kills stories and would love to hear from others and their experiences w/ SRT-8s (NOT R/Ts or Daytonas, they don't count!). Finding a stock LS1 these days who wants to race is pretty rare, I'm sure.

1. Automatic LS1, tire/wheel package, solo driver, exhaust tips are hidden?? (unusual, I know). I have a passenger (225lbs!). We both go WOT after a turn onto a highway, I fumble w/ the autostick giving him an edge but run him down in 3rd gear passing by him. He won't look over as he turns at the next light.

2. This one is BARELY a kill. LS1 T/A, 6spd, tinted windows and tailights. We slow down on the highway and finally go at it after several attempts. In 2nd only briefly, he's a little ahead, shifts and pulls a little more. In 3rd I start passing him. It's pretty close and since 3rd is my gear in the 1/4 and my hp peak is at redline, it seemed fair. We both give a thumbs up/v-victory sign and go on our way.

OH! I think the GT was in the wrong gear and didn't want to rev his motor w/ the downshift. No objective, published 1/4 test gives the Z that much of an advantage, if any at all. Sorry, had to comment!
    good kill , what you got done to the neon. kind of wondering how good dodge put it together. if they keep heading the way they are going dodge will be a name you will see on the street alot more in coming years.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn
    good kill , what you got done to the neon. kind of wondering how good dodge put it together. if they keep heading the way they are going dodge will be a name you will see on the street alot more in coming years.
    Not sure why my signature isn't showing but SRT-8s are not Neons. Those would be fwd SRT-4s. Not sure if you were joking.

My Charger is stock, 365rwhp, done in 3rd gear w/ 1500 miles on the odo.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce
    Not sure why my signature isn't showing but SRT-8s are not Neons. Those would be fwd SRT-4s. Not sure if you were joking.

My Charger is stock, 365rwhp, done in 3rd gear w/ 1500 miles on the odo.
    lmao sorry about that i read 8 and thought 4 . my bad

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Wow, I didn't think they'd be that fast with all that weight.

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

That's twice recently I've read about people thinking an SRT-8 or SRT-10 is a NEON.

Now, I think people are just messing with the MOPAR guys!!

silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    With 425hp........

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    It's a really large, heavy car (4160lbs) but has a great powertrain and a 5spd auto. The hp peak is at 6200rpm, redline, so it just keeps pulling.

Most owners are running low 13s w/ 108-110mph trap speeds. A few have dipped into the 12s, stock, on cool days w/ great 60fts. I.E. PERFECT conditions...
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-29-2006 at 07:08 PM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Sweet...hopefully i'll see one going my direction one of these days

whats one look like ? to distinguish from others ?

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    whats one look like ? to distinguish from others ?
    The Charger: Hood scoop (for cooling only), deeper, rectangular front skirt, 20", 5 spoke rims w/ red Brembo calipers, rear spoiler, badges. Only available in red, silver or black.

300C: Deeper front skirt, 20" rims (10 spoke?) w/ silver Brembos, very small rear deck lip, badges.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

soooo pretty much just as retarded looking as the others, with some more HP.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    soooo pretty much just as retarded looking as the others, with some more HP.
    Good one! Not as overdone w/ tacky add-on's like a WS6, but close....and t-tops are not available, either.

NBM
    '00 Z28

you said the GT may have been in the wrong gear, but you didn't talk about running a GT. Were you talking about one of the LS1s you ran, or another race all together.

Nice kills by the way. I like those SRT-8 Chargers. Nice looking 4-door. I'd be all over it if I needed a 4-door. Just no need right now.

Black
    99 SS

I was not impressed at all with this car. to big and bulky and slow and pizza cutters for tires also. now it if was a 2 door like it should of been then it might be a different story. i cant wait for the challenger. now that looks like a real car, hope they dont fuck up again

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    you said the GT may have been in the wrong gear, but you didn't talk about running a GT. Were you talking about one of the LS1s you ran, or another race all together.

Nice kills by the way. I like those SRT-8 Chargers. Nice looking 4-door. I'd be all over it if I needed a 4-door. Just no need right now.
    I was just putting in my $.02 on the GT vs. Z-06 debate that closed. No need to kick a dead horse, though.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    I was not impressed at all with this car. to big and bulky and slow and pizza cutters for tires also. now it if was a 2 door like it should of been then it might be a different story. i cant wait for the challenger. now that looks like a real car, hope they dont fuck up again
    Compared to what? If you want to make generalizations, I could say the exact same thing about F-bodies.

Let's see - runs low 13s w/ traps in the 108-110 range, .9 on the skidpad, 245/255 Goodyear F1s, handles as good as any mid/large 4door (faster than a STS-V and .1 sec and 1.5sec behind a CLS55 and M5 at Grattan, both 12sec cars), 1:58 at Laguna, stock, 170mph top end.

Oh, 245 F1s front, 255s rear. Yeah, pizza cutters, sure.

It's big, it's bulky, but is sure isn't slow.
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-30-2006 at 08:11 AM. Reason: addition

Black
    99 SS

when i drove it, it felt slow to me, but i have not had a stock F bod it a while. im not a fan of 4 doors, and i felt like i was so small in the big car and im a big guy 6'1" 230. just didnt feel right to me for a sports car, i have no doubts its fast.

but imagine if it was a 2 door

john
    I'd love to have a 300C SRT-8, but at nearly $50k I don't think it's going to happen. Not that I think that is too much money, it's a steal for what you get. I just don't have it to spend.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i love the look of the chargers, way nicer than the GTO imo, but i wish they made a 2 door that was a little more affordable

Thread Information