Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

srt-4 vs LS1=No chance

OK, I have a 2002 ss camaro and there is a little punk in my complex with a srt-4 neon. He always talks about how many v8s he takes down and blah, blah, blah. Every time I challenge him he never has time. Ive tried everything from inviting him to the local track and paying for his entrance fee to talking shit and insulting him. I just cant get him to race. Well guess who I ran into on I-95. The punk in the neon. I catch up to him and drop it to fourth, as I pull a car length I keep slowing down then passing him again just to add insult. He was totally owned! I guess thats why I could never get him to race. LOL. He cant his spanking like a man as he still has excuses why he lost that night.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

what mods do you have ?

srt-4s have been low 12s with not to much work.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Kid just probably badged his neon with srt4 emblems. Probably his parents old car. lol.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

I have a volant intake, bbk 80mm throttle body and flowmaster cat-back. I run 13.20s all day. Ive seen srt-4s run 13.80s to 12.90s at only 102mph. I run between 105 and 108mph depending on temp.

Stealth Gray
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Wish you were local! You would be fun to play with....

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Good kill! Daniel, im from decatur, dont know if you know where that is but north of FW. I have a four wheeler race near there pretty soon i think, if im over there ill hit you up. Never raced a V. Prolly dont want to either haha. what all you got done?

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    OK, I have a 2002 ss camaro and there is a little punk in my complex with a srt-4 neon. He always talks about how many v8s he takes down and blah, blah, blah. Every time I challenge him he never has time. Ive tried everything from inviting him to the local track and paying for his entrance fee to talking shit and insulting him. I just cant get him to race. Well guess who I ran into on I-95. The punk in the neon. I catch up to him and drop it to fourth, as I pull a car length I keep slowing down then passing him again just to add insult. He was totally owned! I guess thats why I could never get him to race. LOL. He cant his spanking like a man as he still has excuses why he lost that night.
    nice . ive beat a 00-04 wrx sti (modded) from a dig by about 3/4 of a car . arent they around the same neck of the woods?

Stealth Gray
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    Good kill! Daniel, im from decatur, dont know if you know where that is but north of FW. I have a four wheeler race near there pretty soon i think, if im over there ill hit you up. Never raced a V. Prolly dont want to either haha. what all you got done?
    My car is just exhaust.. she makes great power and torque but she's hevy as shiat so id prolly get dusted if you even have a few mods... LT's,intake, and exhaust would prolly get me! I've never been to the track and have no idea what I run so I'm basing that off of what I've seen an Fbody do with those mods...High 12s

Black
    02 z28 M6

I pulled on a unknown modded srt my way i was just trying to leave the light normal till he kept bov-ing in my window so i gave a lil gas and when i heard him mash it i did too and once i shifted into second i had em good. BUT... I went to the dragway last friday and saw a srt neon run a low 10! I just gotta make sure I dont mess with that one

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

I have a volant intake, bbk 80mm throttle body and flowmaster cat-back. I run 13.20s all day. Ive seen srt-4s run 13.80s to 12.90s at only 102mph. I run between 105 and 108mph depending on temp.
    Judging from these numbers, you should go from a dig...might be a better race. It is tough for a 4 cyl to take a V8 on from highway speed on up.....

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    Judging from these numbers, you should go from a dig...might be a better race. It is tough for a 4 cyl to take a V8 on from highway speed on up.....
    Freeway is where those FWD cars shine. Traction is not an issue on the freeway and srt4s dont have a problem making power when a bigger turbo and fuel system is added. I know of a few who put down 400-480whp with a new turbo kit, fuel system and supporting mods in a 2900lbs car. Yes the tranny will die eventually but until it does that car is gonna trap 120-135mph
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-22-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Freeway is where those FWD cars shine. Traction is not an issue on the freeway and srt4s dont have a problem making power when a bigger turbo and fuel system is added. I know of a few who put down 400-480whp with a new turbo kit, fuel system and supporting mods in a 2900lbs car. Yes the tranny will die eventually but until it does that car is gonna trap 120-135mph
    Well I am talking top end and torque wise, at highway speed, unless it has a bigger turbo and other engine upgrades. The SS stock has good torque and top end at highway speeds. I wasn't talking traction issues. Don't the Srt4's do 0-60 in 5 sec? They are quick from a dead stop....

Arctic White, red/gray

Well I am talking top end and torque wise, at highway speed, unless it has a bigger turbo and other engine upgrades. The SS stock has good torque and top end at highway speeds. I wasn't talking traction issues. Don't the Srt4's do 0-60 in 5 sec? They are quick from a dead stop....
    Yea but when you mod them and put down big numbers most have 10 second or better trap speeds and cant get out of the 11s. And no other engine upgrades are need other than turbo/fuel/bolt ons/tuning. Most SRT-4s setup to launch will have 1st gear set to like 10psi max, then more and more as you get in higher gears. Trq matters less than you think, formula 1 cars have 700+hp and 200trq and they have no problem going 200+mph and getting there rather fast, they are only 400lbs less than a srt4. Better example is a gt3 rs, 435hp/284trq top speed 190mph, trap speed is 117mph.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-22-2010 at 12:53 PM.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Anything has the ability to be fast with the right amount of money but when some punk wants to bash on v8's it's rewarding to hand him his ass. I've won some and lost some, it's the thrill that I like. I just hate it when people talk shit and dont back it up. I've tried to get him to race for awhile so when I saw him on the highway I could'nt let that go. I dont like racing on the street but he had it comin

Arctic White, red/gray

Anything has the ability to be fast with the right amount of money but when some punk wants to bash on v8's it's rewarding to hand him his ass. I've won some and lost some, it's the thrill that I like. I just hate it when people talk shit and dont back it up. I've tried to get him to race for awhile so when I saw him on the highway I could'nt let that go. I dont like racing on the street but he had it comin
    I agree, teach him the power of the v8

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

I would prefer a dig but all he talks about is racing from a roll. He would have no chance from a dig. I will say his car is faster than stock but not enough to talk trash about all the LS1's he beats. Hopefully he will except my invite this time to the track as I have offered again to pay his entrance fee. keep you posted

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

sometimes i do that "keep slowing down and then passing him again" thing but then this kid with a S/C cobalt told me "you didnt have me by much" lol so i told him i was just teasing.. and i dont go WOT if i dont have to ... but i guess sometimes u just gotta dust'em

nice kill btw..

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1 View Post
    My car is just exhaust.. she makes great power and torque but she's hevy as shiat so id prolly get dusted if you even have a few mods... LT's,intake, and exhaust would prolly get me! I've never been to the track and have no idea what I run so I'm basing that off of what I've seen an Fbody do with those mods...High 12s
    idk man, everything i have is an slp lid, smooth air bellow, TB bypass, ported TB and a short throw. maybe some day we will see what happens

Just to give you an idea of what some of these bolt on only SRT-4s are capable of, and why you should run them from a dig.

Bolt ons SRT-4 vs. Stock 6.0L GTO:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ednhs3f7Myo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ednhs3f7Myo[/ame]

Silver
    2005 Dodge SRT-4

What do the G8 GT's have in them?

Whatever was in the one I raced from a dig, it couldn't keep up with 230HP.

Thread Information