Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

spanked a turbo civic

on friday i had to go jump start my boss and follow him to merchants. as were driving down the road a civic pulls along side me, drops back, floors it past me and lets off to get his turbo to blow off. following my boss i didnt really want to do anything, then the next light turned red. shweeet. we line up and i see my boss next to me just smiling. the passenger in the civic starts talking trash so i agree to a race. light turns green and from a dig i pull like mad. second, still pulling like mad, third 5 busses. shut her down.

we get to merchants and my boss was still laughing. at first i thought the civic didnt go, but he told me he could hear him after i pulled about a hundred yards.

im amazed, i know our cars are pretty badass, but theres not many cars ive raced that have been a good race. they have all been either i stomp em or i get stomped. the closest ive come to a fair race was a mustang with the plates 5OMYGOD he beat me by 1 and a half cars. which probably comes down to launch and shifting.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    on friday i had to go jump start my boss and follow him to merchants. as were driving down the road a civic pulls along side me, drops back, floors it past me and lets off to get his turbo to blow off. following my boss i didnt really want to do anything, then the next light turned red. shweeet. we line up and i see my boss next to me just smiling. the passenger in the civic starts talking trash so i agree to a race. light turns green and from a dig i pull like mad. second, still pulling like mad, third 5 busses. shut her down.

we get to merchants and my boss was still laughing. at first i thought the civic didnt go, but he told me he could hear him after i pulled about a hundred yards.

im amazed, i know our cars are pretty badass, but theres not many cars ive raced that have been a good race. they have all been either i stomp em or i get stomped. the closest ive come to a fair race was a mustang with the plates 5OMYGOD he beat me by 1 and a half cars. which probably comes down to launch and shifting.
    Nice kill, a simular race just happened to a friend and me. I raced a guy in a turbo civic who said he had a built engine. He had a ebay gt30r made by chinese. So i said as long as we go from a dig ill race, me being in a AWD subaru and just from looking at his car i could tell he put all his money into power and none into tires, or drivetrain. I pulled a good 4 cars by the time i hit 2nd or 35ishmph, but by 110mph or so he had about a car on me. Then he tells me he isnt scared of v8s or anything, so i have a friend with a 01 SS m6 bolt ons i told the civic driver to race him. A week goes by and they race but when the kid in the civic pulls up he said he broke a rod and had the engine rebuilt by a shop and after they rebuilt it they did a good tune and found out his previous tune was far too agressive, so he lost about 60whp. Needless to say the 01 ss raped him silly and i asked for a rerace but he was so down and sad at that point he just wanted to leave.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-05-2009 at 08:52 AM.

purple
    1996 Firebird

good kill. I also had a buddy with a turbo civic that had been built by a local shop called slowmotion motorsports. They had it set on 8 pounds of boost, and did pretty well with that. I raced him one time with my cammed V6 firebird and i pulled about 2 cars on him from a dig. He got mad and ended up turning up the boost to 16 pounds and blew the motor before we even got to race again lol.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacfreak142 View Post
    good kill. I also had a buddy with a turbo civic that had been built by a local shop called slowmotion motorsports. They had it set on 8 pounds of boost, and did pretty well with that. I raced him one time with my cammed V6 firebird and i pulled about 2 cars on him from a dig. He got mad and ended up turning up the boost to 16 pounds and blew the motor before we even got to race again lol.
    That happens alot. For some reason people think if they have forged internals boost wont matter. But if you just turn up the boost and dont have a good tune for that boost or a good fuel system your forged itnernals dont mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    That happens alot. For some reason people think if they have forged internals boost wont matter. But if you just turn up the boost and dont have a good tune for that boost or a good fuel system your forged itnernals dont mean shit.
    Truth.

Thread Information