Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Sheriff: 1 Bullit Mustang: 0

Hey guys today, I was driving to walmart, I was cruising 60mph on loop 1604 towards potranco rd, when I saw a turd color bullitt mustang on the opposite side of the road, I made nothing off it untill about a minute later I see him a few cars behind me, so I was attempting to drop it to thrid gear as he was catching then my Radar detector went off beeping so I let him pass, he didnt even line up, just ricer flew me, well about half of mile down the road, I see two sheriffs cars right behind him, and as I passed him I waived good bye.

Pobre Cabron

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

owned by the HP!!!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

wow.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I wonder what did he want to prove? his car was stocked (I've seen it at meets) he was probably headed home, so he made an effort to take a turn around, and fly me by, He should of lined up, Instead hes probably gonna end up in jail (if your clocked doing above 20mph the limit) or his license might get suspended.

But things happen for a reason I guess. Now I feel like running a 2008 Bullit Mustang ohh the sorrow. I wonder what diffrence it has over the regular GT. besides the 15 extra hp.

2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by SVG210 View Post
    I wonder what did he want to prove? his car was stocked (I've seen it at meets) he was probably headed home, so he made an effort to take a turn around, and fly me by, He should of lined up, Instead hes probably gonna end up in jail (if your clocked doing above 20mph the limit) or his license might get suspended.

But things happen for a reason I guess. Now I feel like running a 2008 Bullit Mustang ohh the sorrow. I wonder what diffrence it has over the regular GT. besides the 15 extra hp.
    I get that a lot on 410, and I'm wondering the same thing as you!

About the Bullitt, all I heard was it has a better intake than the GT. I guess that fits the 15hp

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_S View Post
    I get that a lot on 410, and I'm wondering the same thing as you!

About the Bullitt, all I heard was it has a better intake than the GT. I guess that fits the 15hp
    yeah, I know, still its a mustang variety.

btw DM sent!

Black
    99 WS6

maybe 3.55 gears?

2002 CETA m6

im pretty sure the bullitt has a different intake and a "less" restrictive exhaust, with all the GT badges gone.

still crap

The Bullitt has a 250 Higher redline then the '05-'09 GT's, and stock 3.73 gears. (Plus the HP bump.)

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

word... plus i like the badgeless look on the mustangs.... of maybe i don't like little girly ponys on my car... lol

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

It also has different springs/shocks (sits lower) and a few other things like a shifter (I think). Throw on some good tires and you have a pretty decent open track car. Hardly crap.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

word... plus i like the badgeless look on the mustangs.... of maybe i don't like little girly ponys on my car... lol
    I agree. Anymore there is to much "flair" on fenders, bumbers etc. With no spoiler, badging, grill fog lights, etc. The Bullitt does look pretty smooth.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I like them, they are lighter, better stance, gears and a little more hp.

One of the very few 05+ stangs i like

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post
    The Bullitt has a 250 Higher redline then the '05-'09 GT's, and stock 3.73 gears. (Plus the HP bump.)
    Redline doesnt matter powerband does. 3.73 gears wont help more on highway. Hp bump from a GT.... Whoah.

That makes the guy sound even dumber. Good kill.

Redline doesnt matter powerband does.

I never said redline mattered. Someone was just asking what the difference was... so I posted one of the difference... sheesh,

Red
    1990 Miata

Gud story bro. Who needs 4 cams anyway, I like 1

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by InEEdSPEED View Post
    Redline doesnt matter powerband does.
    Redline and powerband are typically directed related. An extra 250 rpm can allow one to hold each gear that much longer before shifting so as to maximize average HP in each gear. Though this is not true for all cars, and is primarily dependent upon the shape of the HP curve, where peak HP occurs, and tranny gearing, it certainly does help with the Mustang's 5 speed transmission (especially given the large drop between 1st and 2nd gear).

3.73 gears wont help more on highway.
    Totally false. 3.73 gears will increase torque multiplication in any gear at any rpm over higher (lower numerically) gear ratios. As such, those gears will help at 10 mph, 50 mph, 100 mph, and 150 mph.

Hp bump from a GT.... Whoah.
    Everything helps.

That makes the guy sound even dumber.
    Got a mirror handy?

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am ws6

now hes gonna tell all his friends he beat a trans am even if he gets a tickit he still thinks he owned you, you gotta find him and take the title back cops o no cops

yellow

haha

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Redline and powerband are typically directed related. An extra 250 rpm can allow one to hold each gear that much longer before shifting so as to maximize average HP in each gear. Though this is not true for all cars, and is primarily dependent upon the shape of the HP curve, where peak HP occurs, and tranny gearing, it certainly does help with the Mustang's 5 speed transmission (especially given the large drop between 1st and 2nd gear).

Totally false. 3.73 gears will increase torque multiplication in any gear at any rpm over higher (lower numerically) gear ratios. As such, those gears will help at 10 mph, 50 mph, 100 mph, and 150 mph.

Everything helps.

Got a mirror handy?
    The bullit Mustang if im not mistaken still has the 4.6L motor? The 4.6L mustang does not create the maximum horsepower nor torque anwhere close to its redline. So in essence would not need the extra whopping 250 rpm increase considering no top end parts were added ex. intake diff heads cam ect.

4.6L with 5 speed transmissions generally do have a small drop from second but ive rode / driven my share and the extra 250 rpms are not going to create a diffrence especially considering after shifting at redline in first it comes into second gear around 3,800-4,200 rpms or so. Pretty much about where the most torque is.

Also if your running 3.73 gears from a highway roll. Which he would have been. Your still running the motor at a higher rpm at all times.

If the motor operates best at say 4,500rpms to 5,700rpms then increasing your gear ratio on a highway run would basically send you hurling past 5,700rpms much faster to the 6250 or whatever redline the Bullit is. You would actually be dropping horsepower after the peak like a goat off a mountian and then shifting back into a higher rpm than average in the next gear, resulting in a quicker drop off.

The only thing lower gears are better for is multiplying torque/hp. Making it great for taking off, but just because it takes off good doesnt mean its going to send it to 150 mph just as fast.

I hate to ruin all hopes of spending $150 dollers to cut a second of your 1/4 ET dream. But throwing a better flowing intake and emissions friendly cat back system on a car isnt going to do anything unless your motor is pulling great air and farting some good gases.

On a sub par 300 minus cubic inch motor putting a little green air filter and shaving off a little restrictive exhaust is going to do about as much as not stopping by burger king to eat that yummy tripple whopper. If you want real performance you should defiently go for the take out of the spare tire. Thats where the real power is....

And on your mirror handy remarke. Ill grab a mirror, you grab a book.
    Last edited by InEEdSPEED; 08-04-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Thread Information