Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Exclamation Rx7 knowledge here please!!!

alright guys... will try to keep this short as possible.. i dont like this bench racing shit...... if you need any more info just let me know.. sorry i dont know the rx7s mods exactly

my mods.. ms4 cam, prc ls6 heads, ported 90/90 4000 stall, 410s, et streets, lid, pacesetter LT's xpipe 1 chamber race FM's... race weight is 3200
    dynoed 385/338 without the heads.. and ran a 7.5@90 in 85 degree weather without the heads...
    in this cold weather with my heads i am expecting 420hp and a 6.9@97-98mph..

Rx7.. mods unknown.. they are saying that it is bone stock but is setup to run non-sequential.. it is a 93(i think) TT...

question-------------im wondering if he is on stock turbos can he beat me.. i know if he has gone to a single turbo, it could be a hell of a race..
    best answer would be telling me what the fastest stock TT 93ish Rx7 has run..
    also what kind of mods (including different turbos) would it take to get an rx7 run a flat 11..

the looooong story veeeery short for the ones of you who care........

i live in a small town... therefore have one of the fastest cars around here.. i get a LOT of kids in town talking this and that about how their maximas with a 75 shot and shit will smoke me any day of the week, and how civics will beat me just because of power to weight... which i always shake off because i know this comes with the car......

well here lately there has been a LOOOOT of trash talking about my car going on.. i have been getting called out, and said that my car is a POS and im scared to race it cause i know i will loose.. have been told stock STIs wil destroy me (1 week after i ANNIHILATED one) been told stock cobras will eat me up, the list goes on and on and on and on.... and i am getting fed up with it.. so i told them to pick a car that they think is fast, and will beat me... obviously they picked this Rx7... and they are saying it is not going to have a problem walking away from me at all.... this is one of the few cars i dont know about..... i just assumed i was going to absolutely rape the car, but then i came on the net looking around and saw some running low 11s and such, but i do not know if they were on stock TT's or what... that still shouldnt be much of a problem.. but got me thinking.. .. not racing for money... just racing to shut everyone in town up... and im sure i wont have ANY problem doing it against this car.. but was just wanting some inside opinions..

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

I dont know much about RX7's, but I doubt a stock TT is going to run low 11's. But just think of it this way, you have a fast car, if someone beats you, they beat you. But you still have a fast car. For everyone else thats talking shit, what do they have? Nothing that can beat you, thats why they had to call on some other car to beat you, not there own. So, whether you win or lose, just smile, because all those other dumb asses dont have shit to back anything up with

I think you have him covered especially from a dig....The only fast rx7's i've seen are the ones with lsx motors in them. lol Dont worry its just your typical ricer thinking his car is in the 10's and has 800hp.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

haha i had a guy in my town with a 93 rx7 with full exhaust saying he would smoke me lol. hears the story and results and you have more modds than me and your tuned lol. put money on it call him out and rape him from a dig

hears when i posted it in the kill section:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=grudge

gold
    2000 honder accord

what "stock" turbos are they? If they are JDM enfini turbos, they are non-sequential and have the power potential of about 410whp. My buddy(very good friend) has a 93 RX7 with stock sequential US spec turbos, and he put down 333 to the wheels. his mods are-
    Greddy FMIC
    Greddy Pipes
    Apexi Power FC (stand alone computer)
    Apexi turbo back exhaust
    HKS Intakes
    Blitz Boost Controller
    rebuilt with stock every thing except apex seals(not sure of brand)

Tuned at 10psi

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Lemons12: "my car is a stout running car.. and granted i can outrun most cars at the track, and in my town every single street car i know of.."

I think its like you said in another thread about what people think is fast and what is not. These people that you're going against think that the RX7 is fast, but their idea of fast and yours may be entirely different. With your mods and good driving, you really shoudln't have much to worry about. Let us know the results!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    what "stock" turbos are they? If they are JDM enfini turbos, they are non-sequential and have the power potential of about 410whp. My buddy(very good friend) has a 93 RX7 with stock sequential US spec turbos, and he put down 333 to the wheels. his mods are-
    Greddy FMIC
    Greddy Pipes
    Apexi Power FC (stand alone computer)
    Apexi turbo back exhaust
    HKS Intakes
    Blitz Boost Controller
    rebuilt with stock every thing except apex seals(not sure of brand)

Tuned at 10psi
    i honestly dont know what kind of turbos they are...all they have said is he is on the stock TT and they tuned it to run non sequential... me and a friend can get around when looking at a car... what would i look for to know if he stood a chance... what kind of times would be fast for a stock TT built Rx7... if he is on street tires... i win...

FWIW.... i will pissed the fuck off if i am beat.... it wont be for long, because i will throw a 175 shot on it.. but regardless, i will be VERY mad.... i HIGHLY doubt i will be beat... yes they think a stock civic with a 75 shot on it is FAST! and i beat that when i was stock..... now this is their challenge for me..

I wouldn't be afraid of a rx7 with a cammed ls1 as long as you hook up and he will probally pull more on the top end so watch him

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Rape him and continue you on, a stock TT Rx7 is nothing to worry about.

1993 Mazda RX-7 5.5 14.0

Stock Times^.

I really would not worry about it if it is REALLY stock.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Yep, I agree. You should be fine.

High 13's in the quarter mile for a really fast, correctly driven stock TT RX-7.

When they are tuned for the 11's, they have to have a stronger rear end. Not only that, but those rotary motors make no room for error when playing with the boost. This is why we don't see very many of these cars left on the road, and also why Mazda doesn't turbo their current rotary-powered RX-8.

People mod them, and they don't hold up. If a rotary motor detenates even ONCE, the seals are toast, and the motor slowly dies and needs to be completely rebuilt. (I know, I blew up a 2nd Gen RX-7 Turbo II back in the 80's).

Unless this guy has some kind of aftermarket fuel-management system, exhaust and boost control, he isn't going to stand a chance.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Waiting for an update...

You meet up with that Mazda yet?

10's N/A

Won't you just race him and find out.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Waiting for an update...

You meet up with that Mazda yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Won't you just race him and find out.
    sorry guys, my account was screwed up and i couldnt post up, just now got it figured out.....

ok, well long story short...

i was going to get my friend that bought my old camaro to race the rx7.. he just has bolt ons.. they found out how bad we were going to destroy it, and backed out...

then they wanted us to race a stripped out 302 or a 346stroker mustang with a blower for a grand... we said we would do 200 because we didnt have a grand.. they said fine, then we called a friend (egokiller) that has a black 408 transam and asked if he wanted to race it for a grand, of course he said yes... we went back and told them, they then backed out again.. they are now looking for a drag car to race the 408 trans am... they are racing the 347 stroker with NO blower on it against thomas (ls1z2800) just a H/C car, for 200$ in 3 days... im racing as soon as my swap is done..

basically it went from me racing a import just to show them i will blow all their cars out of the water.. to racing a DOMESTIC mustang.. haha, to jason racing them and me and friend racing them... now they are on the mission to find a drag car... and there are rumors today that hey have backed out of racing thomas also...

what we think happen, is they thought they would say they had some mustang that would race for a grand and we got scared, when we agreed to their surprise, they backed out, EVERY car/bike that they have asked us to race they have backed out once we agree.......

btw, the rx7 was stockish, so i would hav absolutely murdered it, and i looked into it deeper... even if it was TOTALLY built on stock turbos... still wouldnt have mattered really

new update... there is a civic that wants to run jason(408 T/A) for 3,000$... the civic says he is going to mop the street with him, and its not going to be a race... i was told by the civic owner his self that he runs low 7's.. but doesnt remember what he trapped, his 60 foot, or any of his mods.. so that let me know he was BSing.. FWIW jason runs mid to high 5's..(i know the civic will back out and this race will never happen..)

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Seriously, Hold old are these guys?

I would f'n blow these a-holes off and if they give you shit again, tell em they had their chance.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post

new update... there is a civic that wants to run jason(408 T/A) for 3,000$... the civic says he is going to mop the street with him, and its not going to be a race... i was told by the civic owner his self that he runs low 7's.. but doesnt remember what he trapped, his 60 foot, or any of his mods.. so that let me know he was BSing.. FWIW jason runs mid to high 5's..(i know the civic will back out and this race will never happen..)
    low 7's? what's that...like 400-450 hp in a honda? I'd think a built 408 T/A would beat that.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Seriously, Hold old are these guys?

I would f'n blow these a-holes off and if they give you shit again, tell em they had their chance.
    early 20s.. i usually always blow them off.. and will for now on... like you said, they had their chance.. and backed out everytime, just like always..

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    low 7's? what's that...like 400-450 hp in a honda? I'd think a built 408 T/A would beat that.
    the built 408 runs mid 5s.. i think thats enough to handle the civic.. lmao

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

early 20s.. i usually always blow them off.. and will for now on... like you said, they had their chance.. and backed out everytime, just like always..

the built 408 runs mid 5s.. i think thats enough to handle the civic.. lmao
    haha, well, i wasn't going to say much, but i thought it could at least beat anything in the 7's...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    haha, well, i wasn't going to say much, but i thought it could at least beat anything in the 7's...
    yea, 7s wouldnt be much of a race... hell 6s for that matter, lol... i REALLY hope they race...

the guy with the 408 is on the larger side of avg. people.. his last max on bench was 565 to give you an idea.. and he has this anger problem especially when people say they have 3k to put and he races/wins and they dont have it...

i could see a race and an ass whoopin back to back.. haha

10's N/A

...the guy with the 408 is on the larger side of avg. people.. his last max on bench was 565 to give you an idea.. and he has this anger problem especially when people say they have 3k to put and he races/wins and they dont have it...

i could see a race and an ass whoopin back to back.. haha
    And I thought I benched a lot. Wow!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    And I thought I benched a lot. Wow!
    i know for real.. when working on cars though, that one bolt that is extra tight.. its nice having him around... haha, usually doesnt even use a breaker bar, unless hes being lazy.... all the guys in our little "Car group" are built like that..

Thread Information