Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Awaiting Activation

Roasted new challenger SRT8...

All I can say those things are tanks, looks like that it could drive right over me... So anyway, We were on a long 2 lane road I was behind him and there was a car in front of him. So he stuffs it at about 45 and passes the car in front of him, I follow suit then he pulls over still on the gas. I stayed in the passing lane and blew by him like he was in reverse i let off at about 125. I forgot to mention that I sprayed him...yes I know it was not nessasary, but im tring to polish of this bottle so I can put on a blow down tube. So im spraying every car I come across, I dont car if its a smart car im spraying it!
    Last edited by 99_Z28; 05-24-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 99_Z28 View Post
    All I can say those things are tanks, looks like that it could drive right over me... So anyway, We were on a long 2 lane road I was behind him and there was a car in front of him. So he stuffs it at about 45 and passes the car in front of him, I follow suit then he pulls over still on the gas. I stayed in the passing lane and blew by him like he was in reverse i let off at about 125. I forgot to mention that I sprayed him...yes I know it was not nessasary, but im tring to polish of this bottle so I can put on a blow down tube. So im spraying every car I come across, I dont car if its a smart car im spraying it!
    have you made a pass on spray?
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    have you made a pass on spray?

Nope not yet, once I kill this bottle and put the blow down on, I will go up and run it. Just so I can get booted for not having a cage... If the weather looks good next friday I will go then.

Awaiting Activation
    I just looked up the specs of the car...it weighs 4200lbs!!! It has 1000lbs on me....

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

I know, very soon, some Mopar dude is going to get on here and piss and moan about your kill.

Good kill.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    I know, very soon, some Mopar dude is going to get on here and piss and moan about your kill.

Good kill.

2000 Trans Am

Good kill.
    LOL wait for it..................Hey while we're waiting how do you like the 3500 stall, that is my next mod, just need to pay off these tickets I got on friday.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    LOL wait for it..................Hey while we're waiting how do you like the 3500 stall, that is my next mod, just need to pay off these tickets I got on friday.

Best mod to date hands down...but I wish I went bigger, like a 4000. You going to need some decent tires to hook up, nitto dr at the min.

2000 Trans Am

Best mod to date hands down...but I wish I went bigger, like a 4000. You going to need some decent tires to hook up, nitto dr at the min.
    even for a 3600 stall..........ouch.........after you do hook up though do you notice a difference?

Ha, your like me, I sprayed a 330i, lol, bu bu bu buuuuusssslengths !
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    even for a 3600 stall..........ouch.........after you do hook up though do you notice a difference?

Yes downshifts will be better, dead spots are not as bad plus when it up shifts the rpms wont drop as much (shift extention).

Ha, your like me, I sprayed a 330i, lol, bu bu bu buuuuusssslengths !

I also spayed on a newer SL500 and a R6 today, but the noob on the R6 didnt want to play.
    Last edited by 99_Z28; 05-24-2009 at 07:44 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Good kill.
    it'll be deuuuuce. he will quote magazine times, then say srt8's are 12 second cars with no real proof.

White
    2002 Z28

I've run a bunch of the 12 second SRT8 cars with my 13.0 2002 Z28. I haven't been beaten yet. I'm told that's because I haven't raced a "good driver" that knows the SRT8 and how to get it to perform.

Nice kill OP. My father always sid "honor the threat and use industrial grade deterence to meet the challenge". You followed his directions to a T.

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Good kill.
    Why because a modified car beat a stock one?

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    it'll be deuuuuce. he will quote magazine times, then say srt8's are 12 second cars with no real proof.
    http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tra...one-stock.html

Oh..I realize that since it's a forum post from an SRT8 owner it will be 'made up' or faked... (ironically people here would believe the same claim from an LS1 owner in a heartbeat).

This is far from the only run out there with 'proof' but I don't expect any one to actually open up their minds enough to accept it.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
    http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tra...one-stock.html

Click for full size

Oh..I realize that since it's a forum post from an SRT8 owner it will be 'made up' or faked... (ironically people here would believe the same claim from an LS1 owner in a heartbeat).

This is far from the only run out there with 'proof' but I don't expect any one to actually open up their minds enough to accept it.

noones going to because you have no proof that is a STOCK srt8. and for all we know, he could have been the 13.xx pass and just claimed the other side .

I've seen 12's out of 'em. just NOT STOCK.

as for your bitch about getting beat by a modified car, well, its not the guy with the mod'd cars fault that the srt8 wanted to play and got his ass handed to him. Guess he needs to step up his game with that dodge a little bit.

edit: and i wouldn't believe a STOCK ls1 had done it either, because I've yet to see it done. even though ppl say it has.
    Last edited by LS1Jason; 05-27-2009 at 05:33 AM.

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    noones going to because you have no proof that is a STOCK srt8. and for all we know, he could have been the 13.xx pass and just claimed the other side .

as for your bitch about getting beat by a modified car, well, its not the guy with the mod'd cars fault that the srt8 wanted to play and got his ass handed to him. Guess he needs to step up his game with that dodge a little bit.

edit: and i wouldn't believe a STOCK ls1 had done it either, because I've yet to see it done. even though ppl say it has.

As far as 'bitching' about a modified car...I'm not.. the fact that people here seem to get butthurt about SRT8s is hilarious and the 'challenges' always seem to be coming from some modded car calling out a stock SRT8 not the other way around. The simply fact that someone was whining about the SRT8 'police' calling BS on a modified car beating a stock one is hilarious. As if the SRT8 guys (Ok we all know you are talking about Deuuuce) are narrow minded individuals who have no respect for anything else... (irony???)

I guess this side of the tracks has been living in a cave.......

Last edited by S8ER01Z; 05-27-2009 at 07:02 AM.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
    Why because a modified car beat a stock one?
    No. I just find it funny that people that do not own a vehicle with an LS1 are members on this forum. No need to get pissy.

willys srt8
    i 100% believe this outcome. good kill. anytime anyone races with any unknown car, they had better be prepared to lose. you never know what they have. if I had spray I’d spray everything. which is why I don’t have it. i'll say it again, although SRT-8s have hit the 12s stock it certainly isn't the norm. unless all or at least the vast majority of SRT-8s are in the 12s then how can anyone call them 12 sec cars? the best i can get here is a 13.19@107.3 with no track prep, falken 20" 452s street tires, 60' of 2.0586, DA of 1808 and first time at any track. the way i see it is that for a stock SRT-8 to get into the 12s all conditions would have to be near perfect and a really good driver. so unless the majority of the stock SRT-8s, and stock Camaros for that matter, are in the 12s they remain 13 sec. cars in my book. for anyone who's lookin' to find reliable supporting evidence for the stock SRT-8 in the twelves, good luck. this is the only one i can find.

http://www.allpar.com/racing/roadrun...300C-srt8.html

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post

x2.

Thread Information