Thread: Ricer kill

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Ricer kill

My friend was driving my car with me on the way to Chicopee on the highway. We saw this old red integra or somethin and decided we would drive right next to him. The guy in the integra looks at us and pegs it so my friend drops it a couple gears and pulls 3 or so cars before we reach 85. It was funny but a waste of gas if you ask me.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

hmmm... Imports always need a nice kick in the ass and put in their place... that is why i am in the P-Town Import Patrol... Me and my friend who has a Stang GT... We keep them in control..

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro
    hmmm... Imports always need a nice kick in the ass and put in their place... that is why i am in the P-Town Import Patrol... Me and my friend who has a Stang GT... We keep them in control..
    Import Patrol?

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro
    After reading some of your posts, I can tell that you are one of those closed minded, domestics rock, kind of guys. I should meet you to show you that there are imports out there that will beat ya.

I admit that there are many domestics that are great out there, anything with an LS1 or LS series motor in general, a Cobra, and others, but that doesn't mean there isn't an import that can't compete with them. Just remember, there will always be a car out there that is faster than you, it might be a domestic or it could be an import.

Reguardless of where a car is made, its the race that counts. I don't care if I race an import or domestic, as long as its a good race I'm happy.

Green
    1998 Z28 - A4

Now not to rain on your parade... but comparing LS1s to ricers is like comparing GSX-R1000 to a harley.... there are 4bangers that are faster and there are harleys that will wheelie... but when it comes down to TIME and $$$$ it is better with a V8 - enough said

Member since 2001

Pewter
    I would have probably did the same thing but a 3 bucks a gallon your probably right about the waste of gas

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    After reading some of your posts, I can tell that you are one of those closed minded, domestics rock, kind of guys. .
    thank god for guys like us! im on IP too in my town and with 70,000 union auto workers loosing their jobs in the next 2 years we all should be! and untill one beats me ill put every inports dick in the dirt every chance i get being a layed off uaw member myself. hey just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by twozs
    thank god for guys like us! im on IP too in my town and with 70,000 union auto workers loosing their jobs in the next 2 years we all should be! and untill one beats me ill put every inports dick in the dirt every chance i get being a layed off uaw member myself. hey just my opinion

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

People say imports are "fast" but just a question: If you take a 4 cyln and put 10g's into it, itll run 14's if you put 10g's into a v-8 or ls motor you will run 9's so where is the comparision?
    Domestics lead the way and imports follow in the rear!
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    After reading some of your posts, I can tell that you are one of those closed minded, domestics rock, kind of guys. I should meet you to show you that there are imports out there that will beat ya.

I admit that there are many domestics that are great out there, anything with an LS1 or LS series motor in general, a Cobra, and others, but that doesn't mean there isn't an import that can't compete with them. Just remember, there will always be a car out there that is faster than you, it might be a domestic or it could be an import.

Reguardless of where a car is made, its the race that counts. I don't care if I race an import or domestic, as long as its a good race I'm happy.
    Here's a hint - you're on LS1.com, nobody wants to hear your "imports can hang dawg" rant

You can brag about your 4 banger all you want, it will never be as nice as a V8 with similar power.

Quote Originally Posted by twozs

silver
    2002 z-28

nice kill

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess
    People say imports are "fast" but just a question: If you take a 4 cyln and put 10g's into it, itll run 14's if you put 10g's into a v-8 or ls motor you will run 9's so where is the comparision?
    Domestics lead the way and imports follow in the rear!
    Umm... I didn't have to put any money into my import to make it run 13s... If I were to put 10k into it I would be in the low 10s high 9s... How's that for a comparison. Just incase you don't believe me... Here is a 2004 STi on a stock block running a 10.32...

http://media.putfile.com/Georgie-Per...1032--13692mph

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Here's a hint - you're on LS1.com, nobody wants to hear your "imports can hang dawg" rant

You can brag about your 4 banger all you want, it will never be as nice as a V8 with similar power.
    Just because I'm on LS1.com doesn't mean you have to have close minds... Go onto a Subaru site or another import site, we give respect to all cars. I've said numorous times, that I wanted a Z06, but I needed 4 doors and a back seat, so I could get one. I just hate how some people are completely closed minded on cars. There will always be a car out there faster than yours, it might be another domestic or it could be an import... When I run into a domestic that beats me I don't hate and act like an asshat, I give him props. We both have a hobby that is the same and we both have that same interest in making our cars faster or having a fast car.

I stuck at a Camaro SS's 1/4 panel. I didn't pull a ricer flyby and act like an asshat, I gave him props. His car was faster than mine, I can't be mad at the owner of a car for having one that's faster. I also don't have an excuse, he beat me, plain and simple.

I guess I'm one of the wierd few that respect a car for its performance, not because it is a domestic or import. If a car has some potential to be as fast as I want it to be, I like it. I love the LS series engines, next to the boxer engine, it is my favorite. I love the potential of both and if all works out I will be getting a LS1 powered car.
    Last edited by V8This; 04-24-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Thread Information