Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Ran a Roush 5XR Mustang last night

This car sounded healthy! His license plate identified itself to be a 5.0 (motor/not cop). Well we hit it twice, from a roll. The first was a 40 mph roll and it was even. The second was from a 35 and I actually pulled a half a car on him (because I got to start in 1st gear). At the end of the run, when I looked out the passenger window; all I could see was his headlights. I gave him a thumbs up, and he returned a smile.

I honestly was shocked at the results. Especially when I got home and got on Google to find out his car is supposed to put out 525hp/465lbs ft. Mine is no where near that! I thought maybe the old man couldn't drive, but again the most consistent reports indicate it only runs a 13.0 1/4 mile. This still sends up red flags since the base 5.0 GT with like 412hp is supposed to run 12's stock and 11's "lightly modified"

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That sounds fishy. Maybe you didnt look up the right car.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    That sounds fishy. Maybe you didnt look up the right car.
    This.

I mean unless he had a serious...serious driver issue. Or maybe a clone and not the real car. Eg, roush body kit and that's it? Or something.
    Regardless, with benefit of the doubt, nice job. These cars do surprise often. But a car north of 500bhp is usually not too easy lol

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    This.

I mean unless he had a serious...serious driver issue. Or maybe a clone and not the real car. Eg, roush body kit and that's it? Or something.
    Regardless, with benefit of the doubt, nice job. These cars do surprise often. But a car north of 500bhp is usually not too easy lol
    I know it had Pratt and Miller Auto stickers and license plate holder on the back (as if he bought it from them). If that is such, then I have know doubts it is legit. However I could not hear the supercharger wine, but his "Roush Exhaust" was loud as all get out. almost like LM exhaust on our cars.

might I also inform anyone that reds this thread that my car is a H/C car. I don't have a large cam, but I am not completely stock.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    I know it had Pratt and Miller Auto stickers and license plate holder on the back (as if he bought it from them). If that is such, then I have know doubts it is legit. However I could not hear the supercharger wine, but his "Roush Exhaust" was loud as all get out. almost like LM exhaust on our cars.

might I also inform anyone that reds this thread that my car is a H/C car. I don't have a large cam, but I am not completely stock.
    Yeah fair enough. I was going to ask your mods but you said you're nowhere near his hp. I mean 520bhp is still like 450ish whp so, I didn't know how far off you really were. No one cares about bhp right? Haha :P

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Yeah fair enough. I was going to ask your mods but you said you're nowhere near his hp. I mean 520bhp is still like 450ish whp so, I didn't know how far off you really were. No one cares about bhp right? Haha :P
    lol I like to think BHP sounds more impressive. I have over 400 bhp, but I'm still in the 300's to the rear wheels.

yeah, I consider being 80ish rwhp down a lot. That is why I was surprised when I Googled this car and got it's specs. However I know some folks will think I took him with a stock WS6, and that is just not the case.

the only thing I can think of is tires, maybe playing a big deal in this. When I stomp, my 315's bite. his car looked like it had 255's on. I didn't hear his tires spin, but when you're running someone you really don't pay that much attention to those things. When I said I pulled him, I meant more like INCH my way ahead. by no means did I destroy him.

Thread Information