Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Ran a new camaro....

Heading down the beltway on my way home from playing golf I see a new orange camaro up ahead. Unfortunately I was in the wife's ride but figured I'd see how bad I'd get raped. I've seen several around but haven't had the chance to run one. I pulled along side and noticed two guys who appeared 25-30.

I gave a rev to see if they were interested which of coarse was a gimmie. We lined up at about 75 as I was expecting things to get ugly quickly. I left just a hair sooner then him and had a half car lead. To my surprise he only crept by me?

I let out alittle over 120 with him up a car length, maybe alittle more. We should put up similar numbers with him having a significant weight advantage and racing a moving brick top end isn't too impressive either.

Are they really that slow or does the V6 also have duel exhausts? Either way, those things look damn sweet in person!
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

v6 also has the dual exhaust, you really have to look at the front bumper for the SS emblem. The bumper is also a little different. Thats about it for the diff between v6 and v8 on the new camaro's.

2011 Prius

Did it sound like a mean V8 or did it sound like a V6?

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by innerchi89 View Post
    v6 also has the dual exhaust, you really have to look at the front bumper for the SS emblem. The bumper is also a little different. Thats about it for the diff between v6 and v8 on the new camaro's.
    thats one of the things I didnt like about the camaros before. Love the car but not much difference between V-6 and V-8 aesthetically. Big difference performance wise though. But I dont have much room to talk though, stock you cant tell the difference between a G8 V-6 and my G8 GT with the V-8. They look exactly the same!
    2008 G8 GT
    CAI, 25% UDP, Livernois stage 1 cam, Kooks LTH"S, Catted X-Pipe, Kooks axle backs, DMH electric cutouts, 125 shot of happy juice and tune by Tony G at HP Performance!

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

LOL, thats when you blow them out the water!

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

All SS's have the mail slot scoop on the upper fascia in front of the hood.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Nice, and the car had to have been a v8, the v6 has a little over 300 ponies but only like 265 tq, they're just big fat pigs

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    thats one of the things I didnt like about the camaros before. Love the car but not much difference between V-6 and V-8 aesthetically. Big difference performance wise though. But I dont have much room to talk though, stock you cant tell the difference between a G8 V-6 and my G8 GT with the V-8. They look exactly the same!
    yours has twin exhaust tips, v6 has single exhaust tips

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    Heading down the beltway on my way home from playing golf I see a new orange camaro up ahead. Unfortunately I was in the wife's ride but figured I'd see how bad I'd get raped. I've seen several around but haven't had the chance to run one. I pulled along side and noticed two guys who appeared 25-30.

I gave a rev to see if they were interested which of coarse was a gimmie. We lined up at about 75 as I was expecting things to get ugly quickly. I left just a hair sooner then him and had a half car lead. To my surprise he only crept by me?

I let out alittle over 120 with him up a car length, maybe alittle more. We should put up similar numbers with him having a significant weight advantage and racing a moving brick top end isn't too impressive either.

Are they really that slow or does the V6 also have duel exhausts? Either way, those things look damn sweet in person!

I ran a new red SS a couple weeks ago, but from a redlight. Was an older gentleman. We both came out even, he seemed a bit slow on shifting though. We only had enough room to go up to 3rd gear before we both shut down, But I had 1/2 a car length on him. Would have been nice with a little more room to see if I could pull out more or not. Looked to me like they will run pretty good considering the guy was probably still getting used to the car.
    I was in my wifes car too,,,haha
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-02-2009 at 05:28 PM.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I ran a new red SS a couple weeks ago, but from a redlight. Was an older gentleman. We both came out even, he seemed a bit slow on shifting though. We only had enough room to go up to 3rd gear before we both shut down, But I had 1/2 a car length on him. Would have been nice with a little more room to see if I could pull out more or not. Looked to me like they will run pretty good considering the guy was probably still getting used to the car.
    I was in my wifes car too,,,haha
    What does your wife drive?

A 2000 SS camaro, it's not stock, but not too far from it either.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I need myself a wife that wants to drive a Camaro SS...not saying yours either, just in general lol.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Good Kill, it had to be a V8 if you were in the Trailblazer SS.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I need myself a wife that wants to drive a Camaro SS...not saying yours either, just in general lol.
    Haha, just lucky I guess?? She loves to drive old jeeps, and our 70 formula too. Aren't they all like that??

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Haha, just lucky I guess?? She loves to drive old jeeps, and our 70 formula too. Aren't they all like that??
    We can only hope....

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I've seen a shit ton of orange 2010's down around Houston lately.

I got a guy with a SS2 to give a quick rev and the SS's were pretty damn loud for stock.

To make it even more confusing, you can get the v6 with fog lights and the RS package and ground effects as well as in the SS.

SS has different wheels, front bumper and nose.

I checked around on ebay for one and the only Camaro's around all were coming in orange. I really want to see one in the aqua blue tho.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yeah, orange and red are popular colors around here also.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Not a lot of difference

That's about right our cars are about 13.4 to 13.9 on the 1/4 and the new Camaro's are about 12.75sec to 13 sec on a good day so what, 1 lenght maybe a little more. A raced a roush with 465 hp to the wheels and he got me by 1 1/2 car and mine is stock, plus he races every week for like 20 years so he wasn't a rooky but I am lol

About the same as a Corvette and by the way it sounds like a v6 that car needs an exhaust. Ok maybe a v8 with to much restriction

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I've seen a shit ton of orange 2010's down around Houston lately.

I got a guy with a SS2 to give a quick rev and the SS's were pretty damn loud for stock.

To make it even more confusing, you can get the v6 with fog lights and the RS package and ground effects as well as in the SS.

SS has different wheels, front bumper and nose.

I checked around on ebay for one and the only Camaro's around all were coming in orange. I really want to see one in the aqua blue tho.
    Ya you really have to look for those dinky SS emblems, they are no longer front and center,,,,,they are off to the sides and tiny,,,,and they don't put any on the sides at all. I don't quite understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    That's about right our cars are about 13.4 to 13.9 on the 1/4 and the new Camaro's are about 12.75sec to 13 sec on a good day so what, 1 lenght maybe a little more. A raced a roush with 465 hp to the wheels and he got me by 1 1/2 car and mine is stock, plus he races every week for like 20 years so he wasn't a rooky but I am lol

About the same as a Corvette and by the way it sounds like a v6 that car needs an exhaust. Ok maybe a v8 with to much restriction
    They don't run bad, my wifes car dips into the 12's now and I didn't have much on him. Looked like it would be a good race.

Thread Information