Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Ran a 2003 BMW M3

Ok so this actually went down a couple of nights ago.* I was on my way home from my buddy’s house (with him in the car) and we were pretty much cruising home no intensions of looking for a race but a wonderful opportunity came up about* a mile and a half from my house.* I saw a really nice car in front of me so I sped up just a little to get a better look and it just so happened to be a BMW M3 it had a nice front lip on it with some clean ass wheels and a young man in the drivers seat and since I was with my friend of course I wanted to try to show off a little.. So here’s were I get into it*I pretty much stare at him (he’s my drivers side, left lane) he glanced over once and didn’t seem to want to race at first but as I passed him just a little I was looking almost over my shoulder at him and we come to a red light and he is now directly be hind me… so we pull a short ways beyond any cars near us and we are just cruising neck and neck 3rd gear maybe 3000-3500 rpms neither of us said nething and neither of us honked so he decided he was just going to try to blow me away but as soon as I hurt him hit that throttle you better believe I did too.. He did get about a half car before I started gaining and then took the lead by maybe a car or two. We both slowed down a tremendous amount because we saw headlights out of the driveway to the marina near my house and we thought it was five-0.But he followed me around the corner and we pulled over, he was pretty cool, Asian kid 21 yrs old (im 20) lives in the same town as me... has 4:10 gears in the M... so we exchanged number to maybe meet up with a bunch of people or something*Just wanted to share because the last race I got was a damn Honda accord wagon. -_-
    2001 Camaro SS M6 SLP LMII, Lid
    1987 iroc-z RIP 5.7 TPI Full exhaust, lingenfelter intake runners (gone but not forgotten)
    1991 bmw 325i DD

SOM
    2002 SS

very nice ! 4.10s in an m? i wnder what the stock gearing is with an 8k rpm redline its gonna be pretty close to that to begin with. Stupid mod to an M they're not dragsters.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Actually i had a 01 M3 with 4.10 Gears and it helped tremendously. With the mods i had i was at 310 RWHP with 249 RWTQ and the gearing is really needed since the car doesnt have much torque to begin with. Also it keeps it in the higher rpms since the car makes its power mostly above 7k, mine peaked at 7200. I think the stock gearing is 3.55's on the M's but not positive. Either way good kill OP hopefully i can run into one soon as well, were i live there are plenty of them. I only run into them when im driving the wifes civic, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I only run into them when im driving the wifes civic, lol.
    My life. Except it's a Sentra in my case.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ lol. I guess in a way it keeps us out of trouble.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    very nice ! 4.10s in an m? i wnder what the stock gearing is with an 8k rpm redline its gonna be pretty close to that to begin with. Stupid mod to an M they're not dragsters.
    They have 3.62s stock and 4.10s with help greatly in that car, it makes good power only in higher rpms so the 4.10s would help alot in staying at higher rpms and this helps for straight line racing and on courses.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Good kill We gotta keep those bmw's in check. I killed one myself some weeks back

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks man. I love m3s but they can't keep up if their stock and they cost thousands to mod.. A buddy of mine has one and he's saving up for a 7 thousand dollar turbo set up

White

Quote Originally Posted by Maro SS View Post
    Thanks man. I love m3s but they can't keep up if their stock and they cost thousands to mod.. A buddy of mine has one and he's saving up for a 7 thousand dollar turbo set up
    $7000 turbo set up!!! Yikes!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thats on the cheap side no doubt ^^^

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    $7000 turbo set up!!! Yikes!
    Yeah but have you seen what they do with stock internals? HPF stage 1 and 2 kits make 510-600whp on 93 octane and 700-750whp on 110 octane+ alc injection on the stock internals of the e46 m3 engine. I have been in a stage 2.5(this is when they start puttign forged internals in) m3 done by HPF, about 650whp on 93 octane. I was honestly impressed, i have been in quite a few cars with more power than that but that car was still quite drivable and smooth. Not to mention it was pretty damn fast, it pulled pretty hard on my 517whp supra.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-21-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Hardly stupid. Very beneficial for pulling strong out of corners. Try racing one through corners. Good luck.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

White

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yeah but have you seen what they do with stock internals? HPF stage 1 and 2 kits make 510-600whp on 93 octane and 700-750whp on 110 octane+ alc injection on the stock internals of the e46 m3 engine. I have been in a stage 2.5(this is when they start puttign forged internals in) m3 done by HPF, about 650whp on 93 octane. I was honestly impressed, i have been in quite a few cars with more power than that but that car was still quite drivable and smooth. Not to mention it was pretty damn fast, it pulled pretty hard on my 517whp supra.
    Hmmm....how much HP could I get with racing fuel

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    Hmmm....how much HP could I get with racing fuel
    I mean it all depends on money, they sell 1000whp kits for the m3.

Thread Information