Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBM
    '00 Z28

Racing a WRX tonight

We're going to try to get a frum roll and a dig race in. My not be able to get the frum roll because of traffic. So I may be reporting a loss tomorrow.

Him: Full intake aem intake, 5zigen turbo back exhaust, blitz blow off valve, bigger intercooler hoses, turbo xs boost controler 16psi. That’s as much as I know…. (pulled from one of his emails)

Me: FRA, TB bypass, ported MAF, K&N filter, Royal Purple throughout the driveline.

Wish me luck.

Black
    99 SS

your going to need it, lol.

j/k have fun!!

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

It might get ugly, but goodluck and keep your head high.

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    We're going to try to get a frum roll and a dig race in. My not be able to get the frum roll because of traffic. So I may be reporting a loss tomorrow.
    Might want to lower you're tire pressure out back, that should help you hook a little bit better....

BTW, what's with this "tomorrow" crap? You report back to us immediately young man, or else!

Good luck!

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Might want to lower you're tire pressure out back, that should help you hook a little bit better....

BTW, what's with this "tomorrow" crap? You report back to us immediately young man, or else!

Good luck!
    Well, I didn't think I'd get to a computer tonight, but here I am.

Frum roll: we started at 50 and went to 110. I thought I had him by 3 lengths, he says 2 maybe 2 1/2. Doesn't matter.

From dig: I spun horribly off the line. He had 3/4 to 1 car out of the whole on me. I caught him by 90. Had a length on him by 110. There are two black marks for 200 feet across the interesection. Had I taken some advice and let a little air out I probably would have done much better.

Either way, 2 races, 2 kills. Bring Sally up, bring Sally down.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

HAHA....WRX's are 14.5 PSI stock and a turboback and hoses aren't going to really matter... That car might have 220-230WHP...High to mid 13's at best. Good kill...but there really nothing until the turbo is upgraded.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

good kills, damn awd.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetss
    HAHA....WRX's are 14.5 PSI stock and a turboback and hoses aren't going to really matter... That car might have 220-230WHP...High to mid 13's at best. Good kill...but there really nothing until the turbo is upgraded.
    He may have been pushing that much WHP, but the stock ones aren't even close to that. They are 230HP at the fylwheel, which translates into about 185WHP when you factor in AWD drivetrain loss.

Nothing too impressive at all

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Don't worry about it... I already race one WRX just like that, they might say... oh turboback exhaust intake.. bla bla bla.. if they don't have a up pipe and bigger turbo... they ain't shit.. when they say i got a upgraded turbo then you need to worry about it.. but untill then keep drinking you beat him i am racing one this weekend at the quarter and a civic SI w/ a bolt on turbo... i am going to report that shit saturday on here and maybe video if my friend goes with me.. so you'll smoke him!

BLACK
    01 WS6

good kills, good times;lol

red
    1999 Trans am

Me and my friend are going to this shit town hopefuly soon that will be full of ricers with fart can exhausts. I will report back if i go and open a can of woop ass on these four bangers. I drive a T/A whith a slp intack, Hooker catback exhaust, performance chip. My friend drives a 2000 mustang cobra with intake and exhaust. I'm a bit faster but i plan to let him have a little fun to.

will some one beat him!!!

ok ppl i need some one to beat him in a race iam sick of him telling me he has never been beat. the cars fast of stock and hes not lieing when he says hes never been beat. i have been with him for most of them. just givin you shit tone. ill race you in my saturn with 15 car lanths. LOL haha.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RedT/Anumber1
    I drive a T/A whith a slp intack, Hooker catback exhaust, performance chip.
    I didn't know there was a performance "chip" you could get for the '98 and newer F-bodies.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

JETCHIPS do make a "chip" for it. goes between the wiring harness and PCM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

but what about the 2000 cobra? And don't say "it could be a cobra R" cause nobody forgets to throw that in if they know someone that has one

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    ...but what about the 2000 cobra? And don't say "it could be a cobra R" cause nobody forgets to throw that in if they know someone that has one
    There was a very nice Cobra-R that ran this past Saturday over at E-Town... during the F-Body vs Mustang slug-fest. The thing sounded freaking "schweet", and averaged a low 14 second pass.

... did I mention it sounded sweet?

black
    2000 trans am ws6

good shyt... love hearing that stuff

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetss
    Please get your facts straight...

STi comes stock with 14.5 psi, WRX runs 13.5. A turbo back will yeild a HUGE gain since the stock downpipe is very restrictive.

However, the guy with the WRX is not modding his car the right way at all. Intake does nothing until you get tuned, bigger intercooler hoses will slow his spool time, since the turbos core is super small to begine with and I don't even want to get started on a MBC. MBC screw up the ECU and result in blown motors.

Nice kill none the less.

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    There was a very nice Cobra-R that ran this past Saturday over at E-Town... during the F-Body vs Mustang slug-fest. The thing sounded freaking "schweet", and averaged a low 14 second pass.

... did I mention it sounded sweet?

If that was a 2000 Cobra R; the owner can't drive, they should be in the low 13s easily. Now a 1993 or 1995 Cobra R, I believe it

-----
    2004 Evolution
    1997 Viper GTS B/W
    1989 Anniv. Turbo Trans Am hardtop

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Please get your facts straight...

STi comes stock with 14.5 psi, WRX runs 13.5. A turbo back will yeild a HUGE gain since the stock downpipe is very restrictive.

However, the guy with the WRX is not modding his car the right way at all. Intake does nothing until you get tuned, bigger intercooler hoses will slow his spool time, since the turbos core is super small to begine with and I don't even want to get started on a MBC. MBC screw up the ECU and result in blown motors.

Nice kill none the less.
    Sorry...13.5 sounds about right, not that it really matters. The point was it's not much more than stock.
    And turboback will yield a huge gain yes but not more than 220 WHP...I was talking about not making that much difference in the race between them. He still would get walked pretty hard...And I agree he is not modding it very well... Turboback, Cobb or Utec, honestly a VF34 or 39 is almost needed to make them what I would consider fast. I still love them though, nice cars. MBC is bad news, on these cars just like a BOV.

Thread Information