Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: racing bike

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

racing bike

ok this guy at work has older street bike think like 1200cc tops runs rough pops through exhaust and wants to race for money what do you guys think never raced bike before i own stock 00 camaro ls1 auto only mods tb, cold air intake, mass air flow senor update

Ray Charles blue

Well, it depends on what it was. I had a 1980 KZ 1000 LTD that was rated for mid high 11s out of the box. Depending on what it is. Need more than just to know that it sa 1200 cc. Is it a V-twin, i4.....etc and who makes it. Find that out and report back. If its an old V-max and you are stock your ass is toast. Just saying....some of those mid 80s bikes are runners.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

You will most likely lose, bikes are fast and 1200s are very fast. Even the early 90s 600s were still turning 11s with a good rider. Find out what it is and we will be able to give you a better idea but odds are you will lose unless the bike is really jacked up mechanically

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You will loose... Badly..

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

he was lieing it is a yamaha v engine 694 cc or something like that it is all jimmy riged has mitsubishi fuel pump toggle switch starter pops through the exhaust shuts fuel off at 6500 or dies when reving i thing i schould be able to smoke it looks like total p.o.s

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

one more thing dumb ass doesnt were helmet sorry but if you plan on screwing around were helmet so he is bringing tomarrow

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pewter Z28 View Post
    he was lieing it is a yamaha v engine 694 cc or something like that it is all jimmy riged has mitsubishi fuel pump toggle switch starter pops through the exhaust shuts fuel off at 6500 or dies when reving i thing i schould be able to smoke it looks like total p.o.s
    Wow! I retract my previous statement..

By the time he gets done dealing with all his variables it will be over..

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

never seen bike tell today looks like a joke
    Last edited by pewter Z28; 04-25-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Atomic Orange
    1992 Camaro Z28

Ild be careful, how much does he wanna race for? Does he have power adders aka Nitrous? And what is the sprocket? Bikes don't take much for them to be fast without you knowing. Ive got a 94 GSXR 750 that looks like a POS but Ive only lost to a ZX1400 and that was my front tire where the rider was, shut down at 105. It might look and sound bad but if he wants to race for money ild say he has some trick up his sleeve. Unless he is just retarded

Atomic Orange
    1992 Camaro Z28

He does sound like a retard. Idk who thinks they are tough enough to survive hittin their head on pavement and live. Also if you've only seen it once how do you know it's soo shity? I had an exhaust that made mine sound like crap but it still ran like a raped ape.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pewter Z28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 92z28camarokid View Post
    He does sound like a retard. Idk who thinks they are tough enough to survive hittin their head on pavement and live. Also if you've only seen it once how do you know it's soo shity? I had an exhaust that made mine sound like crap but it still ran like a raped ape.
    My first guess..

White
    99 Camaro Z28

i woundint to it for money ..just a freiendly race .idk much about bikes ,all i know busas are super fast ..but all the bikes ivd seen are fast..ull probly loose.my buddy in a c6 raced a 650 kawasaki i belive i on a roll and barely beat it ..and we know c6 are stronger than ls1 ..so idk..go for it for fun

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 92z28camarokid View Post
    Ild be careful, how much does he wanna race for? Does he have power adders aka Nitrous? And what is the sprocket? Bikes don't take much for them to be fast without you knowing. Ive got a 94 GSXR 750 that looks like a POS but Ive only lost to a ZX1400 and that was my front tire where the rider was, shut down at 105. It might look and sound bad but if he wants to race for money ild say he has some trick up his sleeve. Unless he is just retarded
    You dont ride with people who have fast bikes then. Your year GSXR is the old heavy sling shot version. Nice bikes for the day and honestly I would love to have an old school GSXR 1100 in white and blue but your bike would get toasted by a 1996 GSXR 600. Lighter and just as much power. When they came out they were the club racers dream and even in 1997 most guys wanted the 96 as the 97 had a few issues.

Either guys dont race you or you havent raced many bikes. Remember, these new 1k bikes will go pretty close to 100 mph in 1st gear. The new 600 cc bikes are mid/high 10s and the 750 GSXR is a mid/low 10 second bike. Hell, all the 1ks are in the 9s now and the older 1ks were 10 flat and better. How does your bike keep up? Not being a dick but unless you have some engine work and sprocket (-1+2) or something you dont stand a chance.

Either the guys cant race or they are not racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 14camarolover View Post
    i woundint to it for money ..just a freiendly race .idk much about bikes ,all i know busas are super fast ..but all the bikes ivd seen are fast..ull probly loose.my buddy in a c6 raced a 650 kawasaki i belive i on a roll and barely beat it ..and we know c6 are stronger than ls1 ..so idk..go for it for fun
    Those parallel twins are decent but still slow in the bike realm but fast enough for a car to handle.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

With bikes through driver error is HUGE. Most guys with 1,000s dont run faster than 11s there first couple times at the track most in the 12s on there first runs.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    With bikes through driver error is HUGE. Most guys with 1,000s dont run faster than 11s there first couple times at the track most in the 12s on there first runs.
    If they hit 12s on a 1k they need the bike taken away from them......lol

Even a slow roll-out start would give them a low 11 time.

You are right, error is huge, most guys on 1ks cant handle a Ninja 500.

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

ok seen it today told him to get on it in parking lot laughed my ass off trust me if i cant beat him i will torch the camaro and there is no way this thing should be rode on the street this bike is total pos wires hanging every were and oil leaking turd he said he doesnt have a helmet so i said i will let him use my old dirt bike helmet weather permiting tomarrow is day to run i would say wish me luck but dont need it no power adders asked how long he has been rideing not more then 3months so not sure if i feel safe running him.just dont want clean up

Atomic Orange
    1992 Camaro Z28

Yah my bike is not stock. I had the engine completely rebuilt, cylinders honed, valves cut and reseated, jet kit, drag pipe, K&N air filter, a bigger sprocket, and then it was tuned. My bikes tops out at 140mph. It's extrmly quick but def lacks the top speed of the newer bikes, but Im fine with that.

Racing bikes with a car for money is a bad idea. I waste imports all the time on my 800lb harley. It's no match for my camaro but my GF's kawi 650 will smoke it. I ran a modded evo on her bike from a dead stop and pulled him pretty good. I'm guessing her bike is good for a low 12 if launched properly. The launch is key with a bike the more power they have the harder it is to launch them and keep the front wheel down or tire from spinning. If you do race a bike make sure you go from a dead stop so you can get the advantage off the line. I raced a lot of fast cars when I had my RC51 and not a one of them ever came close.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

You lose.
    I raced my friend on his zx6r. On my z
    Slp lid
    P&p tb
    No muffler
    Smoth bellows
    M6.
    I could keep up in him for few seconds but the time I hit the clutch and shift. He was already gone to far away.

The bike you say has alot more power than my friends bike.
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

This sounds like a really bad idea all around. Only been riding a few months? Youre on the hook too, with street racing. He even just wipes himself out, youre on the hook.

Thread Information