Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Raced a Viper...got my ass kicked

Hey guys...havent been posting alot latley, been bogged down with college stuff and havent had much time to take the t/a out. I was on my way home from school last night on i-70 and i look in my rearview and theres a viper coming up on my ass. It was a 96-97 GTS blue with white stripes. Well he shifts lanes and gets right next to me so as hes coming by i jump on it and i jumped even with him for a second then he ate me alive...id say by 120 he had 5 cars on me. Long story short...those things rock...the t/a still looks better though.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I tryed to chase one before from a turnpike toll where he got out first and I couldn't even see him after a few seconds Way to get killed with pride though, you gave it your best shot!

t/a looks better.
    still good try on the race.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen
    Hey guys...havent been posting alot latley, been bogged down with college stuff and havent had much time to take the t/a out. I was on my way home from school last night on i-70 and i look in my rearview and theres a viper coming up on my ass. It was a 96-97 GTS blue with white stripes. Well he shifts lanes and gets right next to me so as hes coming by i jump on it and i jumped even with him for a second then he ate me alive...id say by 120 he had 5 cars on me. Long story short...those things rock...the t/a still looks better though.
    It's about time you lost a race.
    So now your 796263469 wins and 1 loss.

Nice death.

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    It's about time you lost a race.
    So now your 796263469 wins and 1 loss.

Nice death.
    yup lol, felt good to know theres alot faster out there...just means i got more work to do (that was me working by the way (gotta love the things youll think up when your bored))

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

If you're gonna lose, there's no shame in losing to something putting down those numbers

1981 g-Body

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Nice death. I had the pleasure of racing an 04 SRT-10 with tinted windows. I was surprised how well I did. From a 50 roll we were dead even all the way up to 110. Then he started pulling me. I had full bolt-ons, 228 cam, new 3600 TC.

denn454
    racing a viper on the highway is just asking to get the beating of your life. I;ve seen them at the track running 13.9's consistantly stock, but the real kicker is they do it at 110-112mph.

they aren't all that impressive out of the hole, i raced one in my 87 grand national at the track when i was running low 14's so it was a pretty even race (at the end) long story short at the 1/8th i probably had 2-3 car legnts on him. after that he just started reeling me in HARD.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by denn454
    racing a viper on the highway is just asking to get the beating of your life. I;ve seen them at the track running 13.9's consistantly stock, but the real kicker is they do it at 110-112mph.

they aren't all that impressive out of the hole, i raced one in my 87 grand national at the track when i was running low 14's so it was a pretty even race (at the end) long story short at the 1/8th i probably had 2-3 car legnts on him. after that he just started reeling me in HARD.
    What do you have done now? I just gave my GN a complete makeover.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

On the highway there monsters but out of the whole they just can't hook up.

A couple of friends of mine went at it last yr one has a stock 02 Viper the other has a semi moded 03 Cobra. I actually put $20 on the Viper but coming out of the whole the Viper lost traction he spun out and clipped a building It happened SO fast. Lucky for him he's pretty good with body work and was able to fix it without getting insurance involved. Anyway this thing is a MONSTER from a roll

denn454
    i actualy sold it at the begining of the summer. It was close to stock. 37# injectors, walbro 340 pump. 2800 stall. 35 hp of nitrous just to spool the turbo (worked amazingly well. i droped a full second running the juice through the first 60'. but my converter was very lazy)

I know i'm missing some of the stuff. it was just a daly driver, had 160k on the clock (origional motor when i sold it) i had just replaced the tranny 2k miles before i sold it.

best driver anyone could ask for. ran high 12's at 6,000' got an average of 22mpg, i saw as high a 29. went through the snow better than any 4x4 truck i've driven with the wastegate undone. and it was comfortable. the back seat is like a lazy boy... and it only left me stranded once in the 2 years and 15k miles i had it (for a 16 year old car with that kind of miles, thats pretty darn good)

TheSilverDragon
    i was driving through la a while back and pulled up behind a viper. i got in the lane next to him and got ahead of him (we weren't racing obviously). then he got over into the lane behind me and flashed his lights at me. but he never did anything to race me or nothin, and i didn't do anything to piss him off. i swear, he was complimenting me on my '02 SS. how sweet is that?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent
    If you're gonna lose, there's no shame in losing to something putting down those numbers
    Look at it this way, if you put the amount of money in your F-bod that the guy has in the Viper, you would probably smoke him!

silver
    01 mustang gt

gotta be carefull with those vipers. they will still be in 1st gear @ 40mph and be able to pull before going to 2nd used to do it all the time in an ACR. Go from a higher punch

A GTO or Z06 would have killed it.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado2000LS1
    A GTO or Z06 would have killed it.
    O man! Here we go! Everyone research the numbers! For the record, that Viper (Blue w/ white stripes) is my favorite car! If I got my ass handed to me by one, no shame! If I beat one in my Z28 that would make me more pissed than ever! My understanding is they're not really 1/4 mile cars, but they have alot of top end...

CookieMonster
    lol actually, your car has NOTHING on that viper...good run, though, always fun to run into a car like that

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

I hate getting beat, losses hurt. I get over it quickly it's just the fun of it. I can always find a mustank to redeem my pride!

Thread Information