Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Raced a Talon TSI (VIDEO ADDED)

Its a kid i go to school with, pretty cool guy actually. Hes not a ricer at all. Hes got the turbo out of an Evo III and runnin about 12lbs of boost, wants to go up 16 but has some other shit to work out. So we get on the street, i tell him we'll go from a roll cause from a dig we both know ill easily win. I give him about a 1 car lead and he gets on it a little earlier than we agreed on. He actually pulled on me then once my car downshifted i started reeling him and once it shifted i pulled past him pretty hard. I have a video on my cell phone that ill try to upload tomorrow, i forgot the cord. Not bad for a little 4 banger and he was pretty happy with the out come too.

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...=TAvsTalon.flv
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 03-22-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

how would you get him from a dig? talon's have AWD, right?

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    your correct those things are mean little cars awd turbo stock you can buy a 91 for under $3000 and put a few k's into it and your running low 11's only problem is those motors like to blow but yeah from a dig if he knows how to drive it he'll take off. I saw a video on time though on of these tries to race a Lingenfelter corvette just shows that awd only helps off the line though. I'll post vid if I can find it
    Last edited by slpcamaro; 03-21-2008 at 03:00 PM.

silver
    98 ss camaro

copy and paste address

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    No not all of them I just got rid of my 95 Talon and it was fwd and was at 14lbs of boost, pretty modded and form a dig that damn thing would burn out through 1st and 2nd so my bet it was fwd. DSMs can be made fast but I hated mine !!!! Good kill.
    Last edited by 98T/Aformula.; 03-21-2008 at 03:49 PM.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    No not all of them I just got rid of my 95 Talon and it was fwd and was at 14lbs of boost, pretty modded and form a dig that damn thing would burn out through 1st and 2nd so my bet it was fwd. DSMs can be made fast but I hated mine !!!! Good kill.
    true not all talons are awd, but all talon tsi's are awd turbo stock and he said it was a talon tsi.

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

My buddy had a 95 TSI AWD.. All I can say is that alot of cars on this forum would have a hell of a time catching him. Granted he had his modded in the form about 2k and doing the work himself but he had a whole new top end, cammed, bigger ball bearing turbo and IC, the whole drive tran was done up and a buddy of ours is a hell of a tuner. He was pushing close to 500hp and I believe he was at mid to high 10's, but after it was complete he didn't have it to the track but I think once. Funny story, he thought he would keep up with my bike and with that power and speed I thought he would keep up too, got out on the road and after two passes he ended up buying a bike two days later and sold the car to a friend of ours.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    My buddy had a 95 TSI AWD.. All I can say is that alot of cars on this forum would have a hell of a time catching him. Granted he had his modded in the form about 2k and doing the work himself but he had a whole new top end, cammed, bigger ball bearing turbo and IC, the whole drive tran was done up and a buddy of ours is a hell of a tuner. He was pushing close to 500hp and I believe he was at mid to high 10's, but after it was complete he didn't have it to the track but I think once. Funny story, he thought he would keep up with my bike and with that power and speed I thought he would keep up too, got out on the road and after two passes he ended up buying a bike two days later and sold the car to a friend of ours.
    lol nice what kinda bike and yeah I did the same thing to some friends who has work done to their gto's. Killed em on the freeway with a stock r6 now there taking the bike classes(if you pass the chp course you can go right to the dmv take the permit test and you get you license, no driving test required, plus it's a discount on insurance.)

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

2k in mods and he's running 10's? Not really buying it.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

For the people think AWD>RWD bring your awd vehicle and I will gladly rape you from a dig in the TA. The vette you probably would get me, but then again it's stock. Stalled auto vs awd, not even close.

Trans Am owner
    former

my freind has a 1st gen awd talon. all stock. he knows how to launch that thing really hard. you have to kinda do this step launch. slip the clutch off the line to get the car rolling, then dump the clutch out, and your off. it looks awesome, cuz it squats twice, and sounds cool. thats so you won't blow the tranny and axles apart.

Black n Black

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    2k in mods and he's running 10's? Not really buying it.
    I'm pretty sure I didn't studdor. He's a mechanic, does all his own work and gets discounts on parts, that last part I left out. So NO unlike people bs'ing about their kill stories with stock cars beating modded cars, I'm not lying about this.
    To show you, he first got the turbo and IC off a low milage car from a kid he knew that had gotten rear ended and totaled but also got our tuner buddy to tune the kids new car. The cams were all new along with valves, gaskets, ect, those were dicounted through work those actually cost him under 500, yes hard to believe but true. Clutch and suspension pieces he got through work and were right around 500 and then the exhaust was all custom. Tune was free through our buddy. It wasn't any less than 2k but it wasn't much more. He did all the work himself.

Black n Black

[QUOTE=slpcamaro;1379325]lol nice what kinda bikeQUOTE]
    I have a black 2007 Honda CBR1000RR

Black n Black

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    For the people think AWD>RWD bring your awd vehicle and I will gladly rape you from a dig in the TA. The vette you probably would get me, but then again it's stock. Stalled auto vs awd, not even close.
    Ok so you take him off the line. I'm all for muscle don't get me wrong, but is your car going to hang once that turbo kicks in? Because from there it's constant power.
    And to settle this, I'll race any car from a dig, your TA or his Talon, a vette a viper, I don't give a shit what it is. You might catch me around 170, but I bet I can beat you at least a quarter mile. There are very few cars that can keep up with a bike up through the mph till they hit top end. So keep your heavly modded high priced cars, and I'll keep my 11000 dollar bike.

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

Ok so you take him off the line. I'm all for muscle don't get me wrong, but is your car going to hang once that turbo kicks in? Because from there it's constant power.
    And to settle this, I'll race any car from a dig, your TA or his Talon, a vette a viper, I don't give a shit what it is. You might catch me around 170, but I bet I can beat you at least a quarter mile. There are very few cars that can keep up with a bike up through the mph till they hit top end. So keep your heavly modded high priced cars, and I'll keep my 11000 dollar bike.
    Are we a little off topic? Cars vs Bikes, I believe, is in another forum

------
    07 FJ Cruiser
    04 MB E500
    97 Viper GTS B/W
    93 Mustang Cobra
    89 Anniv Turbo Trans Am hardtop

SOM
    99 Trans Am

hm ill have to find out if he has a true tsi but I'm just goin by what he told me about his car. I mean its not all that fast so I either way we knew I would win. with my dr's I'd pull real hard from a dig and from a roll I just let him build boost for a better chance

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro
    ...but all talon tsi's are awd turbo stock
    No they're not, some Talon TSI turbo's came w/FWD....

SOM
    99 Trans Am

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...=TAvsTalon.flv

Theres the video off my cell. You can hear him get on it early.

rapter34
    I had a 91 TSI AWD it was pretty fast and man pulled from a dig. but the engine had too many problems.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Sure bikes are quicker but guys in cars dont have to worry about getting killed if they make the slightest mistake or get in a wreck with another car. Dont get me wrong now bikes are fun, just not an equal comparison to a car.

Thread Information